Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The referee's a wanker!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I thought the ref had tossed a coin to see which way he was going to play. The first half he pointed to the NS, and the second half he pointed to the SS.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't think he was particularly unfair. He definitely got some wrong (such as Greer pulling their player to the ground when he would have been clean through and not even giving the free kick, Barnes almost kicking their guy in the head with a high foot in the breakaway from which we got our second goal), but I think he gave us a few important wrong decisions as well as giving them some wrong decisions.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The referee normally evens things out with diabolical decisions against both teams.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Bridcutt 'foul' for the free kick that they scored from happened right in front of my seat and he clearly won the ball and the player fell over his foot. The foul wa givemn by the lino on the West side not seen by the ref.

The ref appeared to have made a new rule up that nobody was allowed to tackle.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Would be nice if we could rate the officials in some capacity to the FA, looked like none of the officials had ever seen a game of football, never mind officiated, horrendous display and not sour grapes.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Clough did not like first 30 min of reffering, well I particularly disliked the first 90. Guess he did not SEE all the rubbish he got wrong that benefited Derby. Clough really is a disingenuous cock

To be fair, what chance did he ever have with that dour, sour moron for a father?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Yep. Any challenges by Albion in the last 30 minutes, no matter just good tackles or just using strength, were penalised?

But he did keep issuing yellows against Derby.

Did he? There were at least 3 occasions he couldve sent a Derby player off, 1 WHEN HE GAVE A FREEKICK AGAINST BUCKLEY FOR HAVING THE TEMERITY TO BE HAULED DOWN WHEN THROUGH ON GOAL, 1 WHEN KAZ WAS BROUGHT DOWN WHEN THROUGH AND THE WORST ONE WHEN THEIR PLAYER GOT AWAY WITH JUDO THROWIN DICKER IN THE RUN UP TO GIVING THEM A FREEKICK FROM WHICH THEY SCORED. As the thread starter said...wanker

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't think he was particularly unfair. He definitely got some wrong (such as Greer pulling their player to the ground when he would have been clean through and not even giving the free kick, Barnes almost kicking their guy in the head with a high foot in the breakaway from which we got our second goal), but I think he gave us a few important wrong decisions as well as giving them some wrong decisions.

The guy was a dick more concerned with his own importance than the game itself

Cloughs interview makes no mention of the fact that they were played off the pitch for the first 70 minutes and should have been 4-0 down by the time they fluked a goal (which was as offside as the Barnes goal was).

As for the ref he lost it somewhere between 50 - 60 mins. We really have had some poor officials this year.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Bridcutt won the ball cleanly yet he gave a free kick for their goal. The worst referee at the Amex since Burnley last season

No wonder Bradford and crawley had a fisticuffs i thought the ref and the lino (west stand) where absolute shit...the lino couldn't keep up with a snail!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Not to mention Lua Lua pulled back when clean through.

This was the biggie for me. A) He got the decision wrong, but B) He should have followed through and booked Lua Lua for diving but he lacked the stones to back up his shoddy decision making.

As I said on the player ratings thread. It was the pickiness of making every player move back repeatedly, they player completely ignoring him and then the ref pretending he'd moved back and letting them play.

He was shoddy, shoddy, shoddy.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012

Yeah I was amazed Greer's rugby tackle went completely unnoticed. It was brilliant.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Pleased we won so we can say the ref was dire without sour grapes. He was dire.

D

Deleted member 2719

He was a real cock but he got the Bridcutt foul right - it wasn't nasty but Liam caught the mans legs not the ball.

No he didn't Liam took the ball, but you right the ref was a cock and the Fat lino was a goon.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to agree with both these. Clearly got the man before the ball but shouldn't have been a free kick. Trouble was that we should have been 4 up before they scored. Buckley went through but then went left and narrowed the angle just shooting straight at the keeper and then when Barnes should of shot early but got held up and laid it off to Buckley and Orlandi following in should have put it to the right of the goal instead of back towards the keeper who scrambled it away (cue some muppet referring to text book shooting back across the keeper!!!)

Just read that again, meant to say shouldn't have been a booking!!!!!

Dec 29, 2011
Did he? There were at least 3 occasions he couldve sent a Derby player off, 1 WHEN HE GAVE A FREEKICK AGAINST BUCKLEY FOR HAVING THE TEMERITY TO BE HAULED DOWN WHEN THROUGH ON GOAL, 1 WHEN KAZ WAS BROUGHT DOWN WHEN THROUGH AND THE WORST ONE WHEN THEIR PLAYER GOT AWAY WITH JUDO THROWIN DICKER IN THE RUN UP TO GIVING THEM A FREEKICK FROM WHICH THEY SCORED. As the thread starter said...wanker

First one, Buckley dive, or at least went down 'easily'. Second one for KLL the same, went down far too easily. Can't remember the 'foul' on Dicker so can't comment on that. Buckley dive earlier in the first half too, next to the away bench, not nice to see that coming into our game.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Cant disagree with any of that.............although orlandi really needs to score from 5 yards with the keeper stranded.......amazing miss.......That point right there turned the game for Derby...............

I dont think he evee thought the keeper would recover to fling himself in the way of Orlandi's poke at goal.

Great keeping I thought.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
First one, Buckley dive, or at least went down 'easily'. Second one for KLL the same, went down far too easily. Can't remember the 'foul' on Dicker so can't comment on that. Buckley dive earlier in the first half too, next to the away bench, not nice to see that coming into our game.

You're wrong on at least two of those. I watched the highlights after the game and Buckley was clearly obstructed. KLL was too far away for me to be sure. The Dicker foul was in front of me and it was a clear foul, their player made no attempt to play the ball and impeded Dicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here