Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The referee's a wanker!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Cant disagree with any of that.............although orlandi really needs to score from 5 yards with the keeper stranded.......amazing miss.......That point right there turned the game for Derby...............

agreed I be ulloa asked his agent to put in a sizeable goal scoring bonus in his contract - bet he couldn't believe some of the misses!!!

Listen to the interview with Clough. He thinks ref was bad too.

said barnes offside. keogh kicked in head. said "knee in back that was missed" on player that got subbed (Hughes?)

Finally slags us off for singing!

The link is on this page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20919017

You're not fit, you're not fit, you're not fit to have the name
You're not fit to have the name.

f*** off baby Clough, you should have been a crusty episode inside a sock when your dad was away from home.

What a dissapointment you must be to him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bridcutt won the ball cleanly yet he gave a free kick for their goal. The worst referee at the Amex since Burnley last season

to be fair to the cock of a ref - it was a clear foul and a definite free kick

Have to agree with both these. Clearly got the man before the ball but shouldn't have been a free kick. Trouble was that we should have been 4 up before they scored. Buckley went through but then went left and narrowed the angle just shooting straight at the keeper and then when Barnes should of shot early but got held up and laid it off to Buckley and Orlandi following in should have put it to the right of the goal instead of back towards the keeper who scrambled it away (cue some muppet referring to text book shooting back across the keeper!!!)

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Williamson has always been a poor,feeble referee,cannot believe he is reffing games at this level. But then i suppose its probably standard. i thought the lino on the west side 2nd half,a MR John Hopkins from Derbyshire,was a cheating slag aswell.

This and that, right pair of t-ssers,the little fat lad on the line deserved a right kick up the arse, twat.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Also when Bridcutt got kicked about 4 times and managed to get away from about 4 derby players but when got through and was 3 vs 2 the ref blew the whistle for play to come back, it really looked like he was a derby fan it was pure cheating and some of the fouls he let go was unbelieveable eg Kucsckak getting flattened at the end and didnt blow up.
One of our players could have been seriousally hurt as how often he allowed ours to be kicked, he then wanted to book ours whenever could and give soft free kicks for winning the ball.
Should not be a ref at all, also the lineman on east stand 2nd half waved for offside, and then the derby player took it 10 yards further up, linesman waved flag once and then just let him take it, why didnt he insist on right spot instead bottled it and let him cheat on the positioning of the ball, derby didnt deserve the goal they got and we should have had game done and dusted by then anyway.
Great news about Ulloa at the game today in directors box as well offers us something different for certain and seems a proven goalscorer.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Judging from Clough's (comedy) reactions in the first half he clearly thought the ref was giving us everything and them nothing. The ref certainly levelled it up in the second half that's for sure. And how did 4 minutes added time become 5 and a half minutes? (Yes, my mate always times it!)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed. In the second half it got to the point where I wondered if he was actually cheating. Of course I don't really believe so but the sheer number of errors and inconsistencies does get the mind racing. Take the foul on their keeper when our player (Barnes?) went together in the air and then exactly the same thing down our end and nothing given. Or the yellow that Bridcutt got. It was debatable whether it was even a free kick but considering some of the things he let by that was the harshest card I've seen this season.

The ref works at the same company as Bozza and he tells me that he's going to give him so much stick on Monday. That lino running the west stand was crap too. I was a bit stressed with 5 minutes to go. I had visions of the Bolton game all over again.

Sums it up for me including giving every 50/50 to Derby.

Masky

Jan 15, 2011
Didn't think ref was that bad.. It was a foul for their goal and Orlandi tackle was from behind - game has changed! Surely if Orlandi hadn't missed the sitter we should have worried about the ref!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ref played more time because our players spent the first 4 minutes time wasting, i.e. Barnes kicking the ball away, just inviting the Ref to add more time.

Dec 29, 2011
The ref wasn't uneven, he gave everything our way in the first half and everything their way in the second. A lot of the "Brighton fouls" were actually dives from LuaLua and Buckley. Some people just need to remove their blue tinted spectacles for a few minutes and realise the ref didn't 'have it in for us'.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Didn't think ref was that bad.. It was a foul for their goal and Orlandi tackle was from behind - game has changed! Surely if Orlandi hadn't missed the sitter we should have worried about the ref!

Ref played more time because our players spent the first 4 minutes time wasting, i.e. Barnes kicking the ball away, just inviting the Ref to add more time.

Exactly... when we were playing well we appeared to get more of the decisions, and when we let them run the game in the last 30 minutes, the decisions seemed to go there way too. No surprise really.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Derby were a disgrace today. The number 7 was constantly in the referee's ear the whole game. Clough did not help and he should be ashamed......

The referee needed to be a lot tougher, missing the foul on KLL was beyond belief. As was the additional injury time.....

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

said barnes offside. keogh kicked in head. said "knee in back that was missed" on player that got subbed (Hughes?)

The link is on this page

Clough did not like first 30 min of reffering, well I particularly disliked the first 90. Guess he did not SEE all the rubbish he got wrong that benefited Derby. Clough really is a disingenuous cock

Dec 29, 2011

The link is on this page

Christ, have some grace Clough, you were beaten by the better team. Sounds so bitter in that interview. "They had it in the corner and the fans were signing whatever they were signing, if we did that at home our fans would have booed." Maybe that's because we can appreciate tippy-tappy 'round the defence' football and realise the ball doesn't have to be up field in order to control the game. Shows what Poyet has achieved really, that fans can appreciate the passing game rather than booing when we keep the ball.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think he knew barnes goal might be offside and after that seemed determined to even things up. The decision to not brandish a red card and somehow decide that Buckley being bundled down as the last man warranted a derby free kick was shocking and smacked of a sympathy decision.

Overall I thought he was really inconsistent in his decisions for both sides and along with his hapless assistants looked way out of their depth refereeing at this level

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
derby didnt deserve their goal and it was never a free kick for their goal

That was one of the few decisions the ref got right. Bridcutt took the man before the ball, poor marking from the free kick was the reason Derby got their goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here