Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The players that I really, really like we cannot afford" - Poyet

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Why are people getting on Gus's back about this? It's stating the f***ing obvious, surely? I'd really, really like Messi to play for us, but I have a feeling he might just be the tiniest bit out of our financial reach.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think he's talking more about wages rather than transfer fees.
Some of the so-called "better" players are on stupid money.

D

Deleted member 18477

damn! i really really wanted xavi, iniesta and messi! :(

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Some people really are so f***ing precious.

There is NOTHING wrong with that statement.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Some people really are so f***ing precious.

There is NOTHING wrong with that statement.

Other than it's blindingly obvious and only thing it perhaps offers is the chance to mis-interpret.....which it seems to have done?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
And here come the excuses.

I mean duh... every club in the f***ing world wants to sign Messi. They can't. You have to make the most of the budget that you have. Slade signed Crofts on a free - now in the prem and Bennett for 250k, again now in the prem. Brendan Rodgers didn't spend millions to assemble a team to get out of this league playing the style of football we do did he? So why can't you Poyet?

I mean duh... every club in the f***ing world wants to sign Messi. They can't. You have to make the most of the budget that you have. Slade signed Crofts on a free - now in the prem and Bennett for 250k, again now in the prem. Brendan Rodgers didn't spend millions to assemble a team to get out of this league playing the style of football we do did he? So why can't you Poyet?

You're either on a wind up or are a grade A cock sore.
I would imagine you are a bit of a cock sore.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Much as I HATE to agree with Hustpierpointless...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You're either on a wind up or are a grade A cock sore.
I would imagine you are a bit of a cock sore.

Or C) You're a massive twat. You may be happy to lick Poyets ballsack all night, but I think that there are plenty of players out there which we could sign on frees, or for small amounts of money who would vastly improve on what we have, the game is to find them. If poyet is saying he wont sign anyone unless they are well proven at this level or above he's an idiot, we can't afford it. He has a budget, use it, dont bitch and whine it's not enough for you.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Put simply, I can't help feeling that any sort of credible challenge this season has been completely f***ed up by some bad luck with injuries to key players. I reckon Hoskins, Buckley, and Vicente would all have been absolutely pivotal to our challenge this season.

Hopefully we'll avoid any flirt with relegation, Hoskins and Buckley will get fit in good time (no sense in rushing them) and in the mean time Gus will recruit one or two rough diamonds in January (and then again in the close season) with a view to a proper tilt at promotion next season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Put simply, I can't help feeling that any sort of credible challenge this season has been completely f***ed up by some bad luck with injuries to key players. I reckon Hoskins, Buckley, and Vicente would all have been absolutely pivotal to our challenge this season.

Hopefully we'll avoid any flirt with relegation, Hoskins and Buckley will get fit in good time (no sense in rushing them) and in the mean time Gus will recruit one or two rough diamonds in January (and then again in the close season) with a view to a proper tilt at promotion next season.

Agree entirely and once both fit will be like signing two new players

Or C) You're a massive twat. You may be happy to lick Poyets ballsack all night, but I think that there are plenty of players out there which we could sign on frees, or for small amounts of money who would vastly improve on what we have, the game is to find them. If poyet is saying he wont sign anyone unless they are well proven at this level or above he's an idiot, we can't afford it. He has a budget, use it, dont bitch and whine it's not enough for you.

I do apologise,you're on a wind up,
Surely?
Have you been into football long?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Basically the problem here is that some deluded internet idiots expected us to walk the division in the way we did the last, not understanding that quality of most of the teams in this league and that probably a good half if not more have bigger budgets than us. Hust in particular is banging on about free transfers. You do realise you still have to PAY those players, right?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I do apologise,you're on a wind up,
Surely?
Have you been into football long?

I don't think he has. Football was only invented in Hurstpierpoint a few years ago. His opinions on this forum are worthless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here