Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The players that I really, really like we cannot afford" - Poyet

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no shit? i have the same problem with cars.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This may well qualify for a "no shit Sherlock" smiley if such a thing ever exists but isn't he just bringing his targets' prices down by making an announcement like this?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No point in spunking £20k a week on wages for a player who could end up on the injury bench most of the season ???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What happened to Gus' motivational skills? There was a time when everyone wanted to play for him; and average players were turned into good players. We surely don't have to spend a fortune to get some decent players? Splashing the cash isn't always the only way forward.

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Remember the summer...he said we would not go mad etc...still spent over 5 million...I would expect some shrewd business as Jan is when prices can easily be inflated and if you simply say open cheque book then you are going to pay well over the odds..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nice comment gus, i cant remember him saying anything like this ever before...oh wait!

I dont think we need to spend anything. We just need our players to get back fit ( assuming vicente and the rest were every really fit anyway) and then we will be fine.

no point in spunking away loads of cash on players we do not need to stay in this division. We have the squad to keep us here...be happy

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This will go down well with the current squad...

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
nice comment gus, i cant remember him saying anything like this ever before...oh wait!

I dont think we need to spend anything. We just need our players to get back fit ( assuming vicente and the rest were every really fit anyway) and then we will be fine.

no point in spunking away loads of cash on players we do not need to stay in this division. We have the squad to keep us here...be happy

Thats just it though isn't it? We can't get those players fit, for whatever reason, so Plan B has to come in.

Sure, Gus would rather not bring in loan players but is there another option, or should he just shout at the injured players and bully them into getting fit or else?!?!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A throw away comment in my opinion.

If he'd said "The players that I really, really NEED we cannot afford", I'd be worried.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This will go down well with the current squad...

Sadly, not. Sometimes I wonder whether Gus really knows what he is doing/saying half the time; and what the knock on effects of this might be.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Maybe the chairman, who has spunked £100 million on a new stadium and now needs to spend another £20 million on the 8000 seats and the training facilities, is being a tad cautious ??? I'd say I'm hugely grateful for what he's done already and if we can't afford the likes of Zamora at the moment
then so be it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think this talk of zamora is not healthy to be honest...two things, he is far too expensive a player now than ever he was and secondly, I believe in the old addage, never go back!

I think Gus needs to start hitting our injured players with a large stick now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here