Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The players that I really, really like we cannot afford" - Poyet

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I doubt anyone is interested in shots that went for a throw-in. You're being a bit of a twat there. Fact is, even in say, the Watford game, when we were irredeemably shit (shockingly, shockingly awful) it would still be plainly UNTRUE of me to state that we had no meaningful attempts on goal, whatever the (sigh) official stats insist, when I can clearly recall fairly decent efforts from Noone in each half.

Similarly, I'm well aware that the (sigh) official stats state we had no effort on target at St.Marys. That doesn't alter the fact that we did. Within a minute of Saints taking the lead, there was a scramble in the area when Davies dropped a cross, which resulted in goalbound efforts being blocked twice by defenders.

No-one's claiming that we played well in those games, or that we're creating chances like Keegan's Newcastle. The ONLY point I am making is that if you are going to base your argument on facts and figures, then they need to be accurate. You listed four games, in which we'd had 'no efforts on goal'. You were wrong on all four.

Still, you carry on.

Nice one bigot. You carry on more like. Of course you're right even when the official stats say otherwise. Everyone else is wrong, you're right even when you've been drinking and holidaying in narnia. No wonder so many people on this web think you're an utter tool. You really ought to get out your own backside sometime.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
kissmake.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know what you mean rugrat. But hans Kray is such a f***ing bell end because from his very first post he always uses such provocative language, nit picking and ignoring sensible rationale and even factual arguments that he initiates a cock fight out of nothing more often than not. And he's always going to win those with other NSC-ers, including me, on account he's a much bigger COCK. I can only imagine he didn't get much love as a child. That or he's suffering from short man syndrome.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bloody hell, the number of chances we create does not matter! The only thing that matters is the number of points we win!

I'd be much more worried if we were shipping goals all over the place, but we've got a respectable record in the goals against column and have kept 8 clean sheets.

We're not a gung-ho attacking side, get over it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm sure you're both decent blokes but things can get a bit out of hand on here ... thankfully we all share one thing in common, even if we disagree on some of the detail. For me playing C'ship footie next season is the objective and I'll continue to post my thoughts on what needs to be done to accomplish that, regardless. But ... it is sad to see two long timers going at it hammer and tong, Sermon over ...... Happy New Year

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know what you mean rugrat. But hans Kray is such a f***ing bell end because from his very first post he always uses such provocative language, nit picking and ignoring sensible rationale and even factual arguments that he initiates a cock fight out of nothing more often than not. And he's always going to win those with other NSC-ers, including me, on account he's a much bigger COCK. I can only imagine he didn't get much love as a child. That or he's suffering from short man syndrome.

Really, how can you say that about a moderator ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can I remind everyone it is meant to be the season of goodwill to all Men. Poyet is the innkeeper at the moment, there's been dozens before and there will be dozens ahead. I support BHAFC. I have no particular loyalty to Poyet, he is getting a good wage with a great Chairman and landed with the Amex opening season gig when quite a few before expected that and never got it. Poyet is in a very priviledged position and if he is so thin skinned that he will cannot take any criticism will find it tough moving upwards when fans will demand a lot more.

Also Poyet has no loyalty for BHAFC, he will be off at the first better offer or Premiership chance and why shouldn't he ? He is from Montevideo not Brighton. Just don't delude yourself that Poyet will not.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm sure you're both decent blokes but things can get a bit out of hand on here ... thankfully we all share one thing in common, even if we disagree on some of the detail. For me playing C'ship footie next season is the objective and I'll continue to post my thoughts on what needs to be done to accomplish that, regardless. But ... it is sad to see two long timers going at it hammer and tong, Sermon over ...... Happy New Year

Good sermon though. And a HNY likewise

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can I remind everyone it is meant to be the season of goodwill to all Men. Poyet is the innkeeper at the moment, there's been dozens before and there will be dozens ahead. I support BHAFC. I have no particular loyalty to Poyet, he is getting a good wage with a great Chairman and landed with the Amex opening season gig when quite a few before expected that and never got it. Poyet is in a very priviledged position and if he is so thin skinned that he will cannot take any criticism will find it tough moving upwards when fans will demand a lot more.

Also Poyet has no loyalty for BHAFC, he will be off at the first better offer or Premiership chance and why shouldn't he ? He is from Montevideo not Brighton. Just don't delude yourself that Poyet will not.

Well send US. Only thing is, goodwill to all MEN does apply to HK on account he's such a big GIRL!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well send US. Only thing is, goodwill to all MEN does apply to HK on account he's such a big GIRL!

Feel free to bounce this Tuesday, when I'm bored at my desk again. You're not nearly interesting enough to argue with in my own time.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I would like to see the entire Spanish international side, or Barcelona or Real Madrid or Juventus or whoever is deemed to be current world beaters playing for BHA (except any team from Manchester of course) but I suspect they are a bit on the pricy side.

EAT MORE PIES !!!!!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Feel free to bounce this Tuesday, when I'm bored at my desk again. You're not nearly interesting enough to argue with in my own time.

Oh yes, because you're worth the steam on everyone's piss aren't you?! I'll put a reminder in my outlook, you're THAT important aren't you?! Your resignation from this discussion is accepted and it doesn't surprise me given your fantasy football versus what's officially been recorded. Next you'll be telling everyone we beat palace! Idiot.

Adam_Banana20

Nov 14, 2011
Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
OMG what a thread :gasp:

If you're a player do you want to hear
a) I could go and bring in 50 players in his position for free and pay them peanuts, and it would improve the team
b) The only players we'd sign in Jan are way out of our price range (Messi) as what we have is amazing already, that said if Messi would come here for 250k on 5k a week we'd take him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here