Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Palace chairman's HAIR- a new NSC art project?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You forget, that we've heard it all SO many times before.

Bostock is the best young player outside the Prem. He'll only leave for a top 4 club, for TEN MILLION POUNDS.

£500k to mid table Spurs.

Moses is the best young player outside the Prem. He'll only leave for a top 4 club, for TEN MILLION POUNDS.

£1.5m to WIGAN

Clyne is the best young defender outside the Prem. He'll only leave for a top 4 club, for TEN MILLION POUNDS.

£2m to SOUTHAMPTON

etc, etc, etc....

Zaha will be the same. £2-4m, to Villa / Wigan / Fulham

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Our attendences aren't a patch on yours at the minute, i'll give you that but you have the novelty of a new stadium and are used to winning games over the past 3 years were as we have been in this league 14 out of the last 15 seasons, the stadium is outdated and the football hasn't been great to watch in most games (until recentley)

It's funny, because I swear to God when we were playing dire football in even lower leagues than this, in a stadium even shitter than Selhurst Park (how funny does that sound), our crowds were deemed fair game for piss taking by you guys. And yet yours aren't now the situation is reversed.

You can't have it both ways.

And- while we're at it- how long do we have to have the stadium before the novelty period wears off, in your opinion? Let's be honest, you'd have been hoping for last Christmas at the latest, wouldn't you? That went well.

I accept nothing lasts forever, but you have no right to begrudge us a bit of joy after all the years of utter crap we've endured.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bostock is the best young player outside the Prem. He'll only leave for a top 4 club, for TEN MILLION POUNDS.

Moses is the best young player outside the Prem. He'll only leave for a top 4 club, for TEN MILLION POUNDS.

£1.5m to WIGAN

Clyne is the best young defender outside the Prem. He'll only leave for a top 4 club, for TEN MILLION POUNDS.

£2m to SOUTHAMPTON

etc, etc, etc....

Have to learn to cross a ball first, rather than "stepover... stepover... stepover... stepover... fling self to floor and wave imaginary yellow card"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have to learn to cross a ball first, rather than "stepover... stepover... stepover... stepover... fling self to floor and wave imaginary yellow card"

In fairness he is very quick (no quicker than KLL) and has a bit of hype surrounding him, plus a few U-21 caps to his name. Someone might pay £2-3m based on potential - in the view that they can progress him better and quicker at their own club.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

£1.5m to WIGAN

£2m to SOUTHAMPTON

etc, etc, etc....

Bostock and Clyne were out of contract and Moses was nabbed for peanuts due to us being in admin. Totally different situation with Zaha and Williams who both are on long term deals.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bostock and Clyne were out of contract and Moses was nabbed for peanuts due to us being in admin. TOtally different situation with Zaha and Williams who both are on long term deals.

We all know that is complete bollocks , if a player wants to go to a bigger club he will. Norwich were sniffing after Elliott Bennett who then signed an extension on his deal only for him to leave the following summer , Norwich grabbed a bargain at League 1 prices knowing he would cost double a year later after we were promoted.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if Winifred and Williams both get nabbed by the same club for £5M with individual valuations undisclosed.

Considering we have already turned down £5 million for Wilf on his own (confirmed by Parish) i think you're talking BS...

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
We all know that is complete bollocks , if a player wants to go to a bigger club he will. Norwich were sniffing after Elliott Bennett who then signed an extension on his deal only for him to leave the following summer , Norwich grabbed a bargain at League 1 prices knowing he would cost double a year later after we were promoted.

If he wanted out why would he sign a 5 year deal last year? The fact we have him on a long term deal means we can sell ON OUR TERMS.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Considering we have already turned down £5 million for Wilf on his own (confirmed by Parish) i think you're talking BS...

a. Parish is a perrenial bullshitter.

b. Circumstances change. We sold Zamora for £1.5m having previously turned down a higher figure, for example. If you are skint, and Zaha decides he wants to leave, make no mistake, the football world will KNOW you're skint, and will KNOW he wants out, and clubs will tailor their bids accordingly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The fact we have him on a long term deal means we can sell ON OUR TERMS.

This is true, to an extent.

The issue seems to be, that currently 'your terms' means drastically overstating his worth. Its irrelevant how many times you state that he's 'worth £10m' or state as FACT that he's 'the best player outside the Premier League'. Its simply and flatly not true.

You'll never accept from us that Buckley is as good as Zaha, though I think in time you'll be forced to.

The truth is though, that other players, for example Thomas Ince and Peter Whittingham are much, much better players than Zaha. Ince is barely any older either, so you can't even play that card.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i have no idea why, but this is the first thing that came into my head...

palacewanker.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Parish actually said in the interview on HOL radio it wasn't £7M or £5M but £4.5M. Wigan apparently put in a £3m offer during the latest transfer window which was turned down.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
a. Parish is a perrenial bullshitter.

b. Circumstances change. We sold Zamora for £1.5m having previously turned down a higher figure, for example. If you are skint, and Zaha decides he wants to leave, make no mistake, the football world will KNOW you're skint, and will KNOW he wants out, and clubs will tailor their bids accordingly.

We are not skint. If we were Parish would be accepting bids under £5 mill and wouldn't be going on radio stations and saying we do not need to sell.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Haha, you don't get under my skin i can assure you! :D It's obvious that I get under your's though, as you bite every time that i post on a Palace thread. I'm not the one trying to make us sound better than we are, i know the potential in our side and i also know that you don't have anything in your team like Williams and Zaha. Last year a few of our players (Muzza included) let the more talented players in our side down but Doug seems to have addressed that and the new signings have all been fantastic and Murray a revelation.

I still recognise how hard the league is though and doubt we will make the play-offs but you never know. You're the one's screaming to the rooftops about promotion after 7 games having beaten footballing giants Barnsley, Watford, Millwall and Burnley. Impressive :clap2: Lets be honest you are no where near as good as you think, in the 2 games games vs teams that are expected to be up there you have taken a point and not scored. A pretty strong X1 also got a 3-0 dicking to Swindon. Keep talking though, it will make it all the more sweeter if we beat you in December. I seem to remember you giving it the big 'un a year ago then you were nowhere to be seen after a 3-1 humiliation on your own patch. Same again this year? :wave:

Same old shit from you Palarse mugs. I thought the novelty was going to wear off this season, second season syndrome etc. Oh wait, we are attracting about 4k more home fans than last season on average with there still being a waiting list. Even if the novelty does wear off, which inevitably it will a little in a few years time, our crowds will be siginificantly higher than yours (if we are in the same position). As for the plastics shit, it's becoming more and more obvious that HALF (the figure you mugs came up with) of our home crowd aren't plastic fans bearing in mind 95% of people renewed. We EVEN take more to Millwall than you ever have. Surely that's the clearest example to suggest otherwise, Millwall being 'scary' and all that. You lot actually have the cheek to call us plastic after what happened to your crowds when you went down from the PL. But you've never really answered why?

Oh and the comment about Kooshack being nowhere near as good as Speroni is probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day.

Face it, you lot could only DREAM of being in the position we're in.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We are not skint. If we were Parish would be accepting bids under £5 mill and wouldn't be going on radio stations and saying we do not need to sell.

Even though Parish has belittled a Palace fan on BBS and at the same time mentioned CPFC will make a £5M loss this season ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here