Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Palace chairman's HAIR- a new NSC art project?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
If you want to laugh at attendences between our 2 clubs, I suggest you look at your away support. I believe you only averaged around 250 more than us last year despite us having played at this level for 14 out of the last 15 season's, a new league for you and you being nearer the top 6 throughout. Pathetic.

And we were visiting so many new stadiums etc etc

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Haha! That is just so funny. You're the ones who always harp on about the past and your fantastic history. When we compare old attendance figures, they are, to quote you "so bloody long ago there not worth mentioning".
Just how far back in history are we allowed to go?

Surely we can go back the fabled 35 years (2 administrations) as that's the magical figure quoted by this particular poster and so many other deluded palace?

And btw eagle, i am sure Millwall will be delighted that you singlehandedly wrote of their only meaningful rival. You are embarrassing in your lack of knowledge about your own club, let alone others.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwall_F.C.%E2%80%93West_Ham_United_F.C._rivalry

Are you The Major off of Fawlty Towers? As the attendences that you are talking about are so bloody long ago there not worth mentioning. In regards to our attendees, last season there was an average of just under 14,0000 PALACE fans in the stadium and this year I fully expect that to rise significantly if the football on show continues in the same vein as it has done vs Forest and Cardiff.

In regards to Millwall, a lot of families are put off by it as we are there most hated team and they have a reputation for hooliganism. Last season we sold out the max allocation we were given/allowed.

If you want to laugh at attendences between our 2 clubs, I suggest you look at your away support. I believe you only averaged around 250 more than us last year despite us having played at this level for 14 out of the last 15 season's, a new league for you and you being nearer the top 6 throughout. Pathetic.

Your home average last year included no shows - so you were way down on the official 13.6k.which is pathetic.

So we take more than you to Millwall ( around trip of 108 miles for us) but just 14 miles for you and you criticize our away support. You did not sell out Millwall - look at your own forums last year when people were running around in desperation trying to find "fans" to sell out. No Lower Tier for you.

You are correct that we took on average more than you away last season (which is NOT to your credit) and you forgot to point out that on average each game is approx 80 miles shorter trip for the Palace massive - you also have to have a huge advertising campaign and balloons to whip up a decent following. If your round trip is more than 200 miles you don't top 1k - FACT.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Remember, the last 3 years we have been at pretty much our lowest ebb whereas you have been at your highest.

sorry chum, but that's horseshit. 3 years ago today, we were in the League One relegation zone.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Are you The Major off of Fawlty Towers? As the attendences that you are talking about are so bloody long ago there not worth mentioning. In regards to our attendees, last season there was an average of just under 14,0000 PALACE fans in the stadium and this year I fully expect that to rise significantly if the football on show continues in the same vein as it has done vs Forest and Cardiff.

In regards to Millwall, a lot of families are put off by it as we are there most hated team and they have a reputation for hooliganism. Last season we sold out the max allocation we were given/allowed.

I just want to add that its actually West Ham who are millwalls most hated. hope this helps.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
You're the one that wrote half a dissertation and claims to not care. JAT

I don't care about your poxy team, I do care when nobs like you with no facts whatsoever make wild guesses and supposition regarding my club. I will not waste another keystroke on replying to your nonsense as all your weak and baseless arguments have been soundly beaten into submission and you have been proven to be a complete idiot, you ignore the facts and choose instead to repeat ad infinitum your tedious mantra. You sound very much like our old friend Seaside in fact, so much so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person posting under another login. Go away you imbecile.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think out of the top 3 last year you only beat Saints once and you may even of not beaten any of the other sides that made the play offs? Enlighten me
Of the top teams: Saints, won & lost; Cardiff, won and drew; Hull, drew twice; Leicester, won & lost. Not all disasters.
So basiclly your argument is that we were up for it and you lot couldn't be bothered so sprit and desire won us the match. Nah, if were honest our class told on the night
That's so far from honest it's ridiculous. When you lose, you think it's unlucky and because of injuries and other nonsense, but when you win it's because of sheer class. When you finish 10 points below us, you can't claim that you have more class, it's embarrassing. My argument is simply that it was a one off game that you won. That's why we have a league, because it's not about choosing one game, it's about all of them.

Fair enough but you didn't rest either 50% of your first choice side, or in one case 100%, in 2 or 3 other games like us
If we didn't rest our players as much as you, then they'd have been more tired. You can't have it both ways. As pointed out to you, you only played one more game than is last season, so that's no excuse for doing less well in the league.

Point is, fickle support. Your new fans even have to have the words to your songs put up on the big screen as 75% don't know the lines How does it honestly feel when you turn to the bloke on your right and deep down in your heart you know he most likley supports Chelsea or started following you in 2011?
You stated something as FACT, and it was wrong, so now you're changing argument. I think putting the words on the screen is daft. It was a decision by some silly exec and it only happened once. I also think goal music is embarrassing, and you play that whenever you score (but not when the opposition score). That's cringe-worthy and you haven't stopped it. As for thinking that the person next to me isn't a true Brighton fan, I can only assume you're trolling. When about 30k went to the play-off final in 2004, do you think they were all Chelsea fans? Why would a Chelsea fan go to Cardiff when they could watch Chelsea instead?

As is said. a few years ago we were getting 18,000 and that is easily returnable if the football that we have played in the last 2 home games stays the same.
So when it returns to 18k will you be sitting next to Chelsea fans, or is it different rules for you? I have no doubt you'll double your attendances, but it seems weird you call our fans fickle for coming back now there's a stadium to fit them.

We would sell out 8000 easily and you know it
No, you really wouldn't, and I know it. You got less than 10k in a proper stadium against Forest in the championship, there's no way you'd always be full at the equivalent of Withdean in League 1 and League 2. The fact is, we now both have a stadium capable of holding 25k, in the Championship, and we both think we're playing good football and can beat anyone on our day, and we're getting more fans than you. That's a fact.

To me, it seems like he's going for broke. No way would players like Lopez, Kuszack and Vincente be on even medium wages.
There are no facts to back up your argument. We are bringing in more than twice as much money as you, so we can afford to pay our players wages without extra funding.

You can't judge a table until at least 15 games have been played, most football fans know that deep down.
I've no problem with that, but even though it's too early to make huge judgements, being near the top is going to make fans feel better about their team's ability than being near the bottom.

I've stated why i don't think it will change, you have just stated "all things change in the end"
It's obvious to anyone that while we were struggling at the Withdean, and hemorrhaging money, we were unable to invest in a decent academy. It's equally obvious that we are now investing in that, in terms of facilities and coaching staff. Again, to think that can't make a difference is madness.

Lua Lua isn't average, he's worse than that. Headless chicken springs to mind
When I wrote that he wasn't average, I did wonder if you'd be stupid enough to suggest he was worse. You're just a troll.

So opposition fans don't know what they are talking about? Think your losing the argument on this one...
No, you said it was a vote by a respected magazine, I'm pointing out that it wasn't. How is showing that you're wrong (again) losing :shrug:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here