Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Palace chairman's HAIR- a new NSC art project?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Only thing you can be superior over is the stadium but it's not even that impressive if we are being honest.

You're right, it's not that impressive.

Oh, wait...

A2q4XvdCIAApsIl.jpg

A2M-G8rCIAEjx0m.jpg

Amex%20Stadium%202-300x225.jpg

0,,10433~11141550,00.jpg

Yes it is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only thing you can be superior over is the stadium but it's not even that impressive if we are being honest.
Oh yes, how could I miss that gem. There are many flat pack identical stadiums, and our stadium clearly isn't one of them. There's no stadium like it, and it won stadium of the year in international awards. For you to say it's not impressive makes you stand out as incredibly biased and weakens the rest of your argument.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Phew,talk about a thread being diverted/derailed...anyway,back on Edna's original topic,I knew I'd seen Parish somewhere before-Parish.PNG

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Some actual hard facts for the palace trolls, not guesswork or rose tinted opinion but actual facts:

The Actim Index is the official player rankings index for the npower Championship. It is statistically proven to identify the best players regardless of position by taking into account positive contributions within a game, as well as team results.

Currently as of the latest standings the Albion have an unprecedented 9 players in the top 100, they are CMS at 2, Barnes at 19, Bruno at 25, Bridge at 26, Bridcutt at 31, Greer at 36, Kuszczak at 43, Dicker at 77 & El Abd at 86.

Palace have 3 in the top 100, Garvan 56, Zaha 83 :D, Ramage 92.

I think that is case closed and tells us all we need to know about their ridiculous claims of a team blessed with some of the best players in the league. The current no.1 player is Tom Ince and from what I've seen of him that is completely justified and I think Blackpool will do well to hold on to him in Jan. 5 goalies make it into the top 100 and our very own Kuszczak is the second highest scoring keeper closely behind Amos of Hull, no sign of Speroni anywhere near the list! So there we have it conclusive proof that the Nigel's are talking out of their arses.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Some actual hard facts for the palace trolls, not guesswork or rose tinted opinion but actual facts:

The Actim Index is the official player rankings index for the npower Championship. It is statistically proven to identify the best players regardless of position by taking into account positive contributions within a game, as well as team results.

Currently as of the latest standings the Albion have an unprecedented 9 players in the top 100, they are CMS at 2, Barnes at 19, Bruno at 25, Bridge at 26, Bridcutt at 31, Greer at 36, Kuszczak at 43, Dicker at 77 & El Abd at 86.

Palace have 3 in the top 100, Garvan 56, Zaha 83 :D, Ramage 92.

I think that is case closed and tells us all we need to know about their ridiculous claims of a team blessed with some of the best players in the league. The current no.1 player is Tom Ince and from what I've seen of him that is completely justified and I think Blackpool will do well to hold on to him in Jan. 5 goalies make it into the top 100 and our very own Kuszczak is the second highest scoring keeper closely behind Amos of Hull, no sign of Speroni anywhere near the list! So there we have it conclusive proof that the Nigel's are talking out of their arses.

7 games in you utter mug, 7 games. I expect if this list had been made based on the last 4 games, when we had all our new signings and Muray and Wiiliams back from injury, it would have been very different. Speroni wouldn't have made it though as he's had bugger all to do past 4 games.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
7 games in you utter mug, 7 games. I expect if this list had been made based on the last 4 games, when we had all our new signings and Muray and Wiiliams back from injury, it would have been very different. Speroni wouldn't have made it though as he's had bugger all to do past 4 games.

Priceless, so now it's better to judge the season so far by looking at 4 games and not the 7 everyone's played. Bugger all to do in 4 games for speroni, remind me how many if those you've won?

Melt

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I like a chat with our Palace friends.
I'd perhaps agree, but I'd be thinking it should have been more. You didn't see Brighton play that much, so I don't see what position you're in to doubt the table (I'm pretty sure I saw Palace play more than you saw Brighton). The 2 derby games only showed that we'd have finished 13 points ahead if it weren't for the derby games. Derbies aren't like the rest of the season, they're not a great indication of a team. No one game is really, which is why we have a league.

I've saw enough of you. You often beat the weaker sides (like this year) but often struggled agains't the better teams. Both teams would have raied there games for the derbies, the fact we outclassed you in the away league and it was pretty even in the home game shows that the gap isn't anywhere near as big as you lot make out.

We did play 4 games against premier league opposition, and put out a full strength team, so that would've affected us too.
We were in 5th with not many games to go. We had our fair share of injuries, and not coping better was a sign of the lack of strength in our squad, which I guess applies to you too.

My point was that we rested loads of players in league games to focus on the cup. We had to play Derby 48 hours after we had played extra time at Old Trafford

Of course, and if you think you'll finish above us there's money to be made. I'd like a bet with you for a start.

I've already stated that you are favourites to finish above us, your squad is bigger than ours and will cope better with injuries. We are also playing catch up straight away, we lost our first 3 games at the start of this season mainly due to Freedman not getting his transfer dealings sorted in time which is a negative on his part. Look at the 16 that lost to Watford and then look at the 16 that played so well vs Forest and Cardiff, it's unrecognisable. I'm pretty sure if the starting X1 we had now had played the first 3 league games we would be top 6

The reason we have a superiority complex, is because we believe we are the better club. Look at the list posted above:
Stadium
Fanbase
Manager
Chairman
Players
Style of football
League position

Ask neutrals, and I think they'd all agree that Brighton are ahead on those points (*)
Stadium - no argument. no argument from me
Fanbase (*) change to number of fans going to games, just so it's more a matter of fact = no argument We will have top disagree on this one. You got 6000 18 months ago, FACT. Agred you played in a shit hole but so do we and get a hardcore base of 12,000 every week, even if we had to play at the Withdean we would never not sell it out. Remeber, most teams in this league have crowds around the 12,000-15,000 mark so ours is no disgrace. We used to get 18,000 every week in this league, the last few years have seen us hit bad times on and off the pitch, admin etc. Last year the football on show was pretty boring but it appears we are finally turning a corner and the playing style this year is attack, attack, attack. The crowds will soon be back if this continues
Manager - You're currently liking Dougie as you've had a good couple of games, so you'll disagree, but you should understand why most think Gus is the better manager. Neutrals will say he is.
Chairman - CPFC2010 didn't want to own Palace and did it because they thought there was no alternative to keep the club going. Fair play to them, and if I were a Palace fan I'd be very grateful to them. We've been luckier, and got a chairman that did want to own his home club, and wanted to lend it over £100m for the ground. We got luckier, that's all there is to it. You can't really argue with that. Bloom pumps more money in but for all you know he could be the next Simon Jordan
Players - most neutrals would prefer ours. You're opinion, i disagree. Think most teams would take Zaha, Williams and Speroni if they could have first 3 picks
Style - your own fans have hated your style over the last few years, blaming that for the poor attendances. I've read your forum and know they felt differently about the last two games, but we've loved the style Gus brought here over two years ago. The football we have played in the last 2 home games has been the best i have seen since Dowie took us to the Prem, a delight to watch.
League position, this season and last, no argument. We are 7 games in this year so not sure why you are using that...
Academy - yours, but that's not something we feel inferior about as we're just starting to build ours, which is obviously a genuine point given our unique circumstances (as opposed to any old club saying yeah we're improving that). Your never beat our academy, the catchment area is bigger for players, our EPPP caterogy will be better than yours, more experianced coaching staff etc, our reputation of bringing through youngsters. I could go on

So that's why we feel superior.
I don't suppose many neutrals will have seen them play as much as me. You should see the stats though, assists and goals scored per minute for Buckley is way ahead of Zaha. Although Zaha is less injury prone, which is a big benefit. The best thing about Zaha though, as said above several times, is his potential. Maybe this year he'll go on to be better than Buckley. Buckley isn't our best player though, just a winger for comparison. This is where i can't take you seriously. You would love Zaha, just be honest Trig! In regards to Buckley, i'm sure you said the same last year about Lua Lua and he's turned out average in this league. So you've moved onto Buckley now, you couldn't make it up! If Buckley is so good, why was Zaha voted best Young Player in the football League at the Football League awards, (Buckley was at an age, under 24, at the time were he would have been legiable for the award). Why was Zaha last seaon voted 5th best player outside the Prem by 4-4-2 magazine. a well respected source. Buckley was no where to be seen. Why is Zaha always linked to the Prem in the press and bids made whereas as no one ever talks about Buckley outside of Brighton?

Longer in the job, fair enough, no problem. More funds isn't as easy to compare. Doug started with players like Clyne, Williams, Zaha etc, Gus started towards the bottom of L1, with no academy to look at, and we really haven't spent much at all. You obviously think the value of your top 4 players is more than we've spent on our entire squad (I'm not even joking). Neutrals may prefer Gus but that's because he was a big name and more famous player. I have already stated points as to why i think the gap is no where near as big as you make out, you haven't really offered anything back. Gus spent 2.5 million on one player, Dougie hasn't even spent that on all his signings. JAT. Dougie also took on a team that was still suffering from the effects of administration. This year is a key year for him and despite a bad start the last month shows he can be a big success. Gus has also been on the end of some thrashings, 6-1, 6-0, even a 3-0 to League One Swindon with a pretty much full team. Dougs worst results have been 4-1 to Bristol City and Preston but these were reserve teams pretty much.

You can't just choose the games you've done well in to see who is best, that's daft. You have to look at the entire season, and we finished well above you.

I'm not sure that really means much. I'd have loved the win at OT if I were you, but it doesn't mean anything. You rode your luck and won by a goal that should have been given for offside against an understandably second choice Utd team. Like I say, no reason why you shouldn't celebrate that, but as an indication of Dougie's ability you need to take the circumstances into account.

With respect, have you actually seen our first 11 play 90 minutes in a single game (if so, which one and how)?
I saw enough of you last year and i also saw the 3-0 vs Swindon on the box. It was most impressive. I also spoke to 2 Millwall season ticket holders in my office and they said that they should have got a point, even with 10 men.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Priceless, so now it's better to judge the season so far by looking at 4 games and not the 7 everyone's played. Bugger all to do in 4 games for speroni, remind me how many if those you've won?

Melt

3 out of 4 and very unlucky not to win the other :bigwave:

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
3 out of 4 and very unlucky not to win the other :bigwave:

Honestly, why do you feel the need to come onto our forum, and try and argue palace the better team?

You surely must not like Brighton being/ doing better than palace, so feel the need to come on here to try and make your self feel better.

The tables have turned, and you will eventually have to accept that. Like Brighton have undoubtedly accepted you've been in the better position over the previous years.

You continually argue facts that are unarguable, constantly claim were only 7 games in yet are so proud of your last few results. Last year we done better, I have absolutely no worries that we won't do the same again this year.

In all honestly though, in physiological terms, you most definitely have a complex with Brighton. I think you just can't accept we're the better/ bigger club now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I saw enough of you last year and i also saw the 3-0 vs Swindon on the box. It was most impressive. I also spoke to 2 Millwall season ticket holders in my office and they said that they should have got a point, even with 10 men.

That'll be the Swindon game where Gus was grinning from ear to ear at the final whistle, yes? He certainly seemed devastated we were out of the tinpot cup.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

If Palace were top of the table and getting 11000 more people through the gate than the Albion I really don't think I would be so stupid as to go spouting off on the Palace BBS :tosser:

Judging by the desperation starting to feature in your posts, this is clearly getting you really wound up, ah bless.

You clearly don't like the Actim Index, a professionally complied indicator of the best performing players in the League and don't think it is fair to judge Palace on the last 7 games but would prefer instead to ignore your first 3 games and base it on the last 4 games, and you call us mugs!

How do you like these onions then you utter retard, lets take a look at last season shall we? All 46 games so no hiding from the facts here:

Superstar multi million pound rated Zaha charted at no. 89 just a few points above our very own 'journeyman' Greer and Ashley Barnes at 95 & 96 respectively. The only other palace player to make the index was Speroni at a creditable 69th place however he was eclipsed by Liam Bridcutt at 60 and CMS at 35. The only teams with a worst showing in the index were Coventry (relegated) Watford, Bristol City, Barnsley, Pompey (relegated) & Doncaster (relegated). Conclusive fact based proof of what a shower of shite your hopeless collection of nobodies really were last season. Again who is this Williams you keep harping on about and where is he in the ratings?? Currently this looks to be repeated this season as reflected in the index and your decidedly mediocre league position.

Clearly the facts are also there for all to see and digest that we are better supported than you. Your weak attempts to claim otherwise by referring to our attendances at Withdean are really pathetic. There will always be a small percentage of no-shows at any stadium however we consistently filled
Withdean to 90%+ of its capacity, something no other club managed in any division we were in whilst we played there, the fact is that the limited capacity meant we physically couldn't get larger attendances, even a fool could understand that but you can't so I'm not sure what that makes you. We actually averaged 7600 in our last season not 6000 so another non-fact from you.

Now we are in a stadium able to cope with demand we are blowing this division away with our attendances and there is no second season syndrome as claimed would happen by the many deluded Palace trolls. We have 23000 season ticket holders (and a large waiting list) which is the 10th best in the whole football League including the premiership, a figure Palace will never achieve and must be painful to read for them. We are cramming so many people into the Amex we are having to accelerate the stadium expansion to cope with demand. Again looking at facts and not guesses, make believe and hope which is your favoured method, now we are on a level playing field in terms of being in the same league and having a stadium that can cope we are surpassing you in every department when it comes to support. Last season we averaged 21,829 at home, you managed 15,192 which is also debatable considering you fudge the attendance figures to reflect tickets sold rather than actual bodies through the gates. This season we have increased our average attendances to 25,569 (highest in the league) and yours have dropped to 14,226 :lolol:. Its not just at home though, last season our average away support was 1600, yours was 1300. The number of visiting fans is also higher for the Amex than Shithurst, 1859 on average coming to the Amex opposed to 1550 having to endure your dump. The FACTS therefore are undeniable, more people want to watch the Albion by a significant margin than suffer watching Palace ergo we are much better supported whatever way you choose to spin it. And the tiresome 'Plastics' argument you jabber away at has no basis or truth, no one cares at the Albion whether the fans are hardcore or new or coming back after a long break or a simply the lost generation of fans we are rightfully attracting back after so many lean years, its all bodies through the gates and revenue in the bank thanks very much.

I will concede that currently my claim that Buckley is as good if not better than Zaha looks flawed as Buckley doesnt feature in the Actim Index as yet, however I can employ some of your logic and claim that he didn't feature in the first 3 games so take that into consideration and I am sure he would be well above Winnie.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're opinion, i disagree. Think most teams would take Zaha, Williams and Speroni if they could have first 3 picks.

Well based on performances throughout the WHOLE of last season, the 3 best players to take would've been:

Bridcutt - the chap we got on a FREE after your chumps passed up on him
CMS
Speroni

So, 1 out of 3 isn't bad, well done.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jesus wept, learn to use quotes man.
I've saw enough of you. You often beat the weaker sides (like this year) but often struggled agains't the better teams.
We had our share of results against some of the bigger teams.
Both teams would have raied there games for the derbies, the fact we outclassed you in the away league and it was pretty even in the home game shows that the gap isn't anywhere near as big as you lot make out.
Firstly, teams don't raise their game equally for derbies, they're regarded as one offs, like a cup game. Secondly, while you deserved your victory at the Amex, you didn't outclass us. You were losing until 10 minutes to go, and won as our team ran out of steam on the day. Thirdly, the gap last year was 10 points. I'm not making it out to be any different. Since then we've lost Noone and brought in 4/5 to our starting 11, plus plenty more on the bench.

My point was that we rested loads of players in league games to focus on the cup. We had to play Derby 48 hours after we had played extra time at Old Trafford
We had to play Leeds 48 hours after playing Liverpool.

We will have top disagree on this one. You got 6000 18 months ago, FACT. Agred you played in a shit hole but so do we and get a hardcore base of 12,000 every week, even if we had to play at the Withdean we would never not sell it out.
I am sorry, you are so so wrong you have no idea. Firstly, you say 6,000 18 months ago FACT - that's incorrect (despite your shouting). Try posting to a link showing a game in March/April 2010 where we only got 6,000. In fact, try posting a link to any game where we only got 6,000 that season. Secondly, I said number of fans at matches - that's now, not 18 months ago. Thirdly, you had under 10k against Nottingham Forest in the Championship including away fans (no hardcore 12k), and you're comparing that to League 1. Fourthly, Selhurst is (no pun intended) a palace compared to the Withdean. You really have no idea what it was like to play there week in week out. Selhurst is no worse than the Goldstone was (and we loved that). It's your home, it's a football stadium, it has a roof, it has fans next to the pitch. The Withdean was none of those, it was bloody awful. To suggest you'd always sell out the Withdean in League 2 and 1 just shows your complete lack of understanding.

Remeber, most teams in this league have crowds around the 12,000-15,000 mark so ours is no disgrace.
I'm not saying you're a disgrace. You asked why we feel superior, and one of the reasons on the list was that we get more fans every game. You're having to try and compare to a different league, a different stadium and a team worth peanuts.

Bloom pumps more money in but for all you know he could be the next Simon Jordan
I don't think he's pumping more money in though is he. He's made an interest free loan for the infrastructure, and he's running the club on a break even basis. We have nothing to suggest he'll be like Simon, so right now we'd have to feel pretty good about it.

Think most teams would take Zaha, Williams and Speroni if they could have first 3 picks
Firstly, we're not talking about 3 picks, we're talking about a starting 11 at least. Secondly, no they wouldn't.

The football we have played in the last 2 home games has been the best i have seen since Dowie took us to the Prem, a delight to watch.
That's exactly what I said! For the last 2 games your fans have liked the style you've played. That still doesn't compare to the way we feel about how Gus has set us up to play for the last few years.

We are 7 games in this year so not sure why you are using that...
Because it was on a list someone else typed as to why we feel superior. This season is very early still, but if you ask fans, the ones nearer the top will feel superior to those lower down.

Your never beat our academy, the catchment area is bigger for players, our EPPP caterogy will be better than yours, more experianced coaching staff etc, our reputation of bringing through youngsters. I could go on
Just like players and performances on the field, coaching staff and reputations change. If you think nothing can ever change you're deluded.

This is where i can't take you seriously. You would love Zaha, just be honest Trig!
WTF? Where did I say we wouldn't have him? Where did I say he was shit? Have you even read what I wrote?

In regards to Buckley, i'm sure you said the same last year about Lua Lua and he's turned out average in this league. So you've moved onto Buckley now, you couldn't make it up!
No, last year we said the same about Buckley. He scored two on his debut, and we loved him whenever he could play. And Lua Lua isn't average in this league.

If Buckley is so good, why was Zaha voted best Young Player in the football League at the Football League awards, (Buckley was at an age, under 24, at the time were he would have been legiable for the award).
The fact that Zaha is so young would have helped him with the vote. Also, he wasn't injured for a chunk of the season where players would be affecting the result.

Why was Zaha last seaon voted 5th best player outside the Prem by 4-4-2 magazine. a well respected source.
Well he wasn't was he. That was a vote by fans, not a vote by a respected magazine.

Why is Zaha always linked to the Prem in the press and bids made whereas as no one ever talks about Buckley outside of Brighton?
Zaha is linked to the Prem because he's good and only 19. Buckley has had injury problems, and that affects his value. Palace is a selling club and other teams know anything good from Palace is avaialbe.

Neutrals may prefer Gus but that's because he was a big name and more famous player. I have already stated points as to why i think the gap is no where near as big as you make out, you haven't really offered anything back.
You're saying the gap isn't that big. I don't need to offer anything back, it sounds like you're accepting that Gus is better (even if only a bit). That's good enough for me.

Gus spent 2.5 million on one player, Dougie hasn't even spent that on all his signings.
You're ignoring my post and not comparing like for like. Dougie started with a Championship team with players that you think are worth over £5m. Of course a team of freebies from the division below is going to have to spend some money.

I saw enough of you last year and i also saw the 3-0 vs Swindon on the box. It was most impressive.
Do you realise how silly you're sounding? Last year we were a different team. No Bruno, no Bridge, no Kuszczak, no Crofts, no Hammond - those are some of our best players. It wasn't quite our first choice 11 against Swindon, no CMS or Crofts or Hammond, and you wouldn't want to rate us is a cup game or we'd have been better than Newcastle and Sunderland last year.
I also spoke to 2 Millwall season ticket holders in my office and they said that they should have got a point, even with 10 men.
WTF? You don't want us to judge you on the losses at the start of the season, but you think you can determine we're not very good based on the comments from a fan with his rose tinted specs on, even after we won away? You're mad. No neutral report seems to suggest Millwall deserved a point. And look at the stats.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
-palace's start to the season PROVES that they're amazing
-our start to the season (which has put us top) is irrelevant
-when palace win it's because they're amazing
-when we win it's because we're lucky
-the 10 point gap between us last season was misleading because league tables aren't as important as two individual games
-the fact that we completely took our foot off the gas for the last few games and were in 5th quite near to the end, again, is irrelevent

apparently

Oct 25, 2003
anyway, this thread was about the palace blokes hair

can any palace fan REALLY claim that the monstrosity on top of his head isn't utterly ridiculous?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

2012/13: Zaha 83

2011/12: Superstar multi million pound rated Zaha charted at no. 89

Fair play to Palace. Credit where it is due. We all laugh at their over the top claims regarding the ability of their young players, but they have a history of actually getting people to believe the hype. These stats are just one example of that. They suggest (prove?) that Zaha is a pretty average young Championship player, but such is the constant stream of hype from within Palace and their fans, that most would have guessed that he'd feature in the top 10, and he will ultimately leave the club for 3 or 4 times his true value. I'm quite impressed to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here