The official "Who will our new manager be?" thread [Merged Threads]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think it will be Dean Wilkins but he needs an experienced no.2 with him. Somebody in the mould of John Hollins.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hannibal smith said:
My feeling exactly.

Wilkins fills me with dread. It has Jeff Wood, Hinshelwood and Bookers short spell written all over it. What we also need is a manager with good contacts in the loan market given the window is shut. I don't think Wilkins has that.

Whatever everyone feels about the sacking the timing is WANK. It should of been over the summer or nearer the 2nd window opening.

Yep, I agree with all of that.

Some people on this board are insance, Hoddle, Curbishly, Sanchez, Sheringham?

3 of those is out of our league and one is a waste of time. Dave Penney is an excellent shout tho.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Jesus will be the only miracle worker that could get us out of the mess we are in.

Wilkins supporters are basing their views on the tremendous Youth team performances last year - was that due to the exceptional quality of the current youth team players or him - I would suggest the former at this stage, but would love to be proved wrong.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Who evere it is, they need time. It's a bit worrying that we have lost a manager a week after the transfer window closed. Many of us have been on McGhee's back for months, but now it['s time for unity. Lets all get back behind the board, the team and teh new boss.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I dont think it will be Wilkins, otherwise why get rid of Bob Booker?

Usually, when a manager gets sacked, the assistant goes because the Chairman has already lined up a replacement Manager who wants his own man in place

I'd be reluctant to go for Dean at this moment in time.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Repugnant Toad said:
We could do a lot worse than John Hollins or Dave Penney.

I also think Hollins could do a good job. Look at the wonders he's done so far this season at Crawley despite all that's going on. Dave Penney could also be a good option as well.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Chris Cattlin ? Well if he would be interested I would be too. Trouble is he's been out of the game too long in truth, probably Albion's most underrated manager IMHO.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
My only concern with Wilkins is, does he have contacts with other clubs, to bring in players?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
DAMANCLAY said:
Yep, I agree with all of that.

Some people on this board are insance, Hoddle, Curbishly, Sanchez, Sheringham?

3 of those is out of our league and one is a waste of time. Dave Penney is an excellent shout tho.

I dont think so at all.

Look at our list of recent managers, Adams, Taylor, Coppell....
DK has a habbit of picking up managers way beyond our current status and im guessing he will do it again.

If you dont ask you dont get.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Marty McFly said:
Stuart Murdoch please with Wilkins as assistant.

That -- or Dave Penney in place of Murdoch -- 's what I'd really, really like. Much as I think Dean is GREAT -- and of course Brighton through and through -- I simply don't think he's suitably experienced at this level.

Last edited:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
There are a lot of rumours that he will become the next manager of Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports