Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Who will our new manager be?" thread [Merged Threads]

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
That -- or Dave Penney in place of Murdoch -- 's what I'd really, really like. Much as I think Dean is GREAT -- and of course Brighton through and through -- I simply don't think he's suitably experienced at this level.

I agree. Needs a few more seasons as first team coach/assistant manager.

Stuart Murdoch would be good (as would Dave Penney) and he also lives locally. (or did)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Danny Wilson has to be as good a name as any right now, surely.

Albion past and a good record in this division. I think he'd have got City up if they'd given him one more season.

My only reservation is that he always had a lot more money at City than he'll ever get with us.

D

Deleted User X18H

Will we get an application form a manager with Champions League experience.............wait for the Argus propaganda

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be happy to give someone a chance to build something almost from scratch. He should have an experienced NUMBER 2 to help alongside him, but some love and passion for the game ought to fire and build promise in our youngsters.
Might as well try Wilkins. I like him.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Got to be someone new I believe. Someone with a penchant for taking no shit and no pussy footing around. Someone who can shake up the whole thing and breath some life back into the old salt....

Someone from inside is probably going to be too jaded and friendly with the players to give the boot camp required to turn this ship around.

I thought McGhee could have done it with a swift kick up the back side but I guess not....c'est la vie...

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Are you lot mad?! Don’t get me wrong, Wilkins has done wonders with the kids where the softly softly encouragement style has worked a treat for the young lads. However, in the cut and thrust sharp end of football league management of which he has NO experience at all I think it could be disastrous to throw him in at the deep end and expect results instantly. Imagine if we struggle, people will be booing him in a matter of weeks and slagging him off, wheres that leave his future? If we have to then demote him he will have lost the respect he has built up over the last few years (like the Hinchlewood nightmare of seasons past).

You have to go with someone with experience and it has to be someone well connected as our squad is fag paper thin and needs boosting. Im afraid Deano has neither of these.

If he gets it though, i wish him well and hope im wrong.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Marshy said:
I dont think so at all.

Look at our list of recent managers, Adams, Taylor, Coppell....
DK has a habbit of picking up managers way beyond our current status and im guessing he will do it again.

If you dont ask you dont get.

Falmer seemed closer then, and we had money to spend and werent going backwords. We have f*** all chance getting anyone as good as the names being out about here.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Dave Penney doesn't inspire me either. I'm sure he had a bigger budget at Doncaster than he would here. Besides which, If McCammon is a yardstick of the players he signs he'd be a disaster.

Lets face it, whoever we get is going to be cheap. No big names this time.

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You're all having a laugh. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I can't see it being anyone other than Wilkins.

We have:
No ground
No prospect of a ground any time soon
No money
No real asset players, and a need to sell as soon as any of them reach that status

And add to that, we have now publicly shown to the whole country that we have a bunch of disloyal fans who will grow easily discontented at very little, and a board who are prepared to make rash decisions on a manager against their own previous judgements, based seemingly on radio phone ins and nsc polls.

Its the job from hell.

What you lot seem to want is an experienced manager with a reasonably decent track record in the lower leagues, and who is prepared to come to this situation and stick it out. Where could we find someone like that? Ah wait...

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Mickey Walker, Peter Reid, Peter Jackson are believed to be on Donny's short list.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Re: Lawrie Sanchez?

brightonfan_86 said:
Could Lawrie Sanchez be the man to take over the club, espically with Mulryne training with the club, and then Mcghee goes? Coindence?

Lawrie Sanchez is not going to come here.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
So long you shity scot,
itl be wilkins untill jan then if hes not doin well enough a new manager will be brought in and the transfer window open to make sigings,untill then itl be deano.

:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here