Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Who will our new manager be?" thread [Merged Threads]

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
DK will probably make it public that we are after Curbishly and that the money is there before Curbs says he's not interested and we'll get Wilkins.
If it is to be Wilkins then I'd like to see him given the job on a trial basis first, say until christmas to prove himself.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jam The Man said:
The Wilkins brothers dream team?
I said this in a PM the other day, and am saying it now...

As regards Dean Wilkins as manager, I have no problem with Ray floating around in the background, but I am not sure about him coming in an official capacity. One, it wouldn't be good for Dean's authority, and two, there could be a accusation levelled that it would be a partnership which may operate to the exclusion of the rest of the management team - a team, incidentally I have little problem with.

But Ray's experience would be a benefit, though it would ultimately be down to Dean.

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
DAMANCLAY said:
As long as its not Wilkins or someone unproven I will be happy, However it is most likley to be Wilkins and I think the decison will be regretted.

This is what ive said as well, all the smart arses say"magoo out magoo out magoo out" well who are we gonna replace him with? "Dunno mate"

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Let's offer Teddy Sheringham a way into management.

It'll be Wilkins and deservedly so.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
DAMANCLAY said:
As long as its not Wilkins or someone unproven I will be happy, However it is most likley to be Wilkins and I think the decison will be regretted.

My feeling exactly.

Wilkins fills me with dread. It has Jeff Wood, Hinshelwood and Bookers short spell written all over it. What we also need is a manager with good contacts in the loan market given the window is shut. I don't think Wilkins has that.

Whatever everyone feels about the sacking the timing is WANK. It should of been over the summer or nearer the 2nd window opening.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Some one with no League management experience at all? Why so people think thats a good thing..? Surely at a time where the squad is threadbare and we've had an uncertain start to the season, we need someone whos been around the block?

People have been ranting about players with League 1 track records to come in, why isnt the same for the manager?

Dont get me wrong, if Wilkins gets the job, Im hoping he'll do a great job, I'm just a little sceptical that a guy whos not managed at the top should get a very difficult job at this moment in time..???

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
catherine-zeta-jones.jpg

You heard it here first... :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
wilson is alright isnt he ? did well at bristol shitty and were regularly a play off team . did well at barnsley. Not so well at MK dons ,

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Let's offer Teddy Sheringham a way into management.

It'll be Wilkins and deservedly so.

Absolutely ...why not.

Now let me think.....Hoddle, Sanchez, Curbishley...the names roll of the tongue.

I think Hoddle will be in the running suprisingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here