Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Who will our new manager be?" thread [Merged Threads]

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I would discount Curbs, though fairly unlikely.

He has taken the challenge before of taking a poor Charlton up from league football to the Premiership and stayed there.

He knows the club and its potential.

He knows Dean Wilkins from his days playing for the Albion.

He has a good record of bringing youth players throug to the first team, and maybe attracted by our decent youth setup.

He is the sort of guy that would do the job for footballing reasons first, with money not a real issue.

His reputation would make it much easier to attract players to the club, either on loan or permenant.

He already lives close to the club.

He would fancy the challenge? Maybe, he's that sort of guy & lets hope so. Withdean would be sold instantly, and the publicity for the club would be imense.

And finally, I'd be happy if he wanted Stevie Gritt as his right hand man!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've just been chortling to myself all day about this one.

Wendy Wilkins, a player you couldn't hate but the amount of abuse and groans we used to shout at him from the North Stand for his ponsey style and refusal to get stuck in a la "I am an ARRRTIST". And now he's MANAGER of our beloved club! You couldn't make it up. Only at the Albion! Good on yer Dean!!

:ohmy: :ohmy: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
It could be

1) Deano (good choice but not enough contacts)

2) Claridge S (Top bloke)

3) Danny Wilson (But just joined Hartlepool)

4) Dave Penney (Good contacts and will know all the best players to sign from the lower leagues)

5) Paul Lambert (now Wycombe manager)

6) Ask Phil Parkinson or Adie Boothroyd if they can recommend anyone, they both know how to manage without money.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Re: The answer to our target man AND manager vacancies?

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
sheringham_teddy_whfc_profile_2005.jpg

Why not?

Why not indeed:clap: :clap:

Wilkins brothers as his assistants.....mmmmmmmm

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
beorhthelm said:
not a chance
Curbs, hes far too highly respected and will get offered any job that becomes available in the premiership, bar maybe the big three.
Shearer, no he wouldnt move down here.

Credible
Danny Wilson is a good shout, as is Penny. I cant see any reason why Shanchez wouldnt do a fine job here if he wanted it. Wilkins is likly a favorite but its not a clever idea. I think one of these are the credible candidates at the moment

in the stranger things have happened at sea catagory...
Sheringham, i can see that, why not? but with no experience, he's unlikly to do brilliantly.
Jamie Redknapp. but same as above.
Nigel Clough. he's got to move to a larger/league clubs one day hasn't he?

everthing else owuld be a bit leftfield i think.
:clap: Great stuff. Totally agree, although I dont think I'd mention Jamie Redknapp. He's far to well in with SKy. I think he see's himself as the next Andy Gray.

We're the perfect club for someone to serve their managerial apprenticeship at. No the likes of Ince and Sheringham might lack managerial experience but players will WANT to serve under such legends - Teddy I'm sure would be able to bring in some Man U and West Ham youngsters on loan.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Marshy said:
Its going to be Hoddle.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You think Hoddle would come anywhere near us?
No chance, ex England manager has never gone to a club below top part of the championship so why on earth would he join 17th in league one no stadium or money Brighton after the window has closed so no chance of permanent improvements?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
We're the perfect club for someone to serve their managerial apprenticeship at. No the likes of Ince and Sheringham might lack managerial experience but players will WANT to serve under such legends - Teddy I'm sure would be able to bring in some Man U and West Ham youngsters on loan.

Agreed but he's still playing in the premier league though, Sheringham I mean.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we want a manager that can search around the lower Leagues for players, there is none better than Brian Horton (now at Macclesfield).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
perseus said:
If we want a manager that can search around the lower Leagues for players, there is none better than Brian Horton (now at Macclesfield).

Not a hope he left us last time to move back up north where his wife is a headmistress

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:

I reckon he wouldn't have a f***ing clue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here