Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread**

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Core blimey, moany or what. Did you get out of bed on the wrong side and then step in some shit or something?

Not really I just don't wear Rose tinted glasses and can look at the facts. To us BHAFC are the greatest club in the World to outsiders we are an irrelevance.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Check the league table. Colchester are a bigger club than BHAFC.

Bigger or currently more successful? I think a bigger club would have gone for slightly more than a 9000 capacity stadium-don't you?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest if we can pay top whack we could have any player we wanted.

Yep even Ronaldo if we could pay him £1m a week or whatever he gets.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am sorry but those are the facts NE. We are never going to attract anyone decent at the moment and I mean players good enough for the Championship which should be the benchmark not non league, div 4, div 3 , loanees and basically players their present clubs do not want.

I don't agree. And I don't see the need to be so negative all the time, either. One clubs trash is another clubs hero, Michel Kuipers wasn't wanted by Bristol Rovers and when we signed him you could say he was a reject. He's not done badly though, has he. Forster wasn't wanted at Hull, he's been brilliant for us over the last couple of years.

To us BHAFC are the greatest club in the World to outsiders we are an irrelevance.

And that's the difference between me and alot of fans on here. We're NOT the greatest club in the world, obviously not. We're not an irrelevance, however. The fact we're not the best club in the world has no bearing on the fact that I love this club, you can't help but love it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Core blimey, moany or what. Did you get out of bed on the wrong side and then step in some shit or something?

Being realistic, US has got it completely nailed on the head here although I DO think that someone will sign for us today.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. However, despite the names that are always unrealistically being bandied about on here, I suspect it'll be someone that we've not heard of before.

US is quite right when he says about playing not coming down here at the moment. It will change in 2 year when we've got a decent stadium and more incoming coming in, but at the moment, we haven't and although we've spent alot of dosh this summer compared to what we've done previously, it just goes to show that we need to spend ALOT more to get ourselves out of this league.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
even hammond has left colchester because he knows there staying in league 1

No - Hammond's left Colchester either because of the money or because he wants to be closer to home. Southampton won't be going anywhere this season with the point deduction they've got and the way their playing at the moment.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes but who were they ?.

Davies - no more to say
McNulty - could be good, who knows

The result were loanees weren't they ?.

I am sorry to be blunt but we are a complete footballing irrelevance at the moment. We are not even on the Radar. Things may change in 2011 but at the moment we are everybodies 3rd choice.

So how do you explain Bennett coming here then? And Dickinson?

Have you ever considered a career change? Maybe Ian Hart could use an apprentice-you're certainly miserable enough.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The facts are most of the contracts being given out are now 1 or 2 year contracts so the fact we will have a new stadium in 2011 is of no importance to any potential player signing. We will get better players next season and more likely when we are actually in the stadium in 2011. I just hope we are not in the 4th division by then and don't laugh as our league record over the last 51 games would suggest that despite spending the 3rd highest amount of any club in this division and the most on agents fees we are somewhere along the line getting things horribly wrong. The rot and stench last season has followed into this season and I expect a long hard season just to stay up with the present squad and management staff.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie is available after an unsuccessful trial at Bristol City....could do a job up front?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So how do you explain Bennett coming here then? And Dickinson?

Have you ever considered a career change? Maybe Ian Hart could use an apprentice-you're certainly miserable enough.

Why is that miserable those are the facts although my mantra in life is

" Always expect the worst and then you cannot ever be dissapointed ".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not really I just don't wear Rose tinted glasses and can look at the facts. To us BHAFC are the greatest club in the World to outsiders we are an irrelevance.

I really don't think any of us really think we are anything but Mickey Mouse, but we can dream, you seem to have lost the ability and settled into being a moaning irritable old bastard who seems to want to be able to say " I told you so" when things don't pan out (which let's be honest as an Albion fan they seldom do!!)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The facts are most of the contracts being given out are now 1 or 2 year contracts so the fact we will have a new stadium in 2011 is of no importance to any potential player signing. We will get better players next season and more likely when we are actually in the stadium in 2011. I just hope we are not in the 4th division by then and don't laugh as our league record over the last 51 games would suggest that despite spending the 3rd highest amount of any club in this division and the most on agents fees we are somewhere along the line getting things horribly wrong. The rot and stench last season has followed into this season and I expect a long hard season just to stay up with the present squad and management staff.

Dickinson and Tunnicliffe both signed 3 year contracts.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
How about expecting the sublime and not acting like a sulky twat when it doesn't happen? I fookin' loathe transfer deadline day though. You have to wade through all this clumsily-written bullshit on the Beeb to find out who's actually moved anywhere, and they spend all day rumbling on about massive signings which don't happen until five minutes after the deadline, if at all. All the people who post false sightings of players should be chemically castrated.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The rot and stench last season has followed into this season and I expect a long hard season just to stay up with the present squad and management staff.

Out of interest, who was the last manager you approved of? For more than 2 months after taking over? You wanted Wilkins out, you welcomed Adams. Then you turned on him. Slade is now the lucky recipient of your 'support'. Just who would you be happy with as manager for a season or two?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie is available after an unsuccessful trial at Bristol City....could do a job up front?

Would think he'd be a good signing, played a few times last year for the promoted Birmingham side and can also play left wing!!
Anyone else remember when we tried to sign this lad whilest at Arsenal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here