Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread**

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is that the quickest we have bought and sold a player ever?!! Excluding loans and non contract players I can't remember anyone being moved on that quick before.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Are signing on fees payed in one whack with the players first paycheck or spread out a bit?
If it's the latter then Wright may have agreed to forego the rest of it in order to secure a move to Bristol Rovers.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Is this a sign of either slade has not much sway in signing players or Bloom is not convinced and is holding back the cash...... ! He said on seagulls world at the stadium he wants promotion this year ................. With what !!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
wright was probably the worst player i have seen play for brighton. he was f***ing SHIT

disagree

I felt he was one of the more promising players Slade bought in during the pre-season and felt if we had enough quality players around him he could've easily been our ace in the pack

not even near the worse player in the squad , let alone ever!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was 20/21 , Brighton were in the premiership, they got to the fa cup final , a Saturday would see Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea at the Goldstone. I was young free and single with folding in my pocket, handsome, fit and the biggest worry was what shirt to wear with my disco suit I would wear to the Pink Coconut on a Saturday night. The 2nd biggest worry was if I would pull and keep up my form in the pulling league table me and my mates had devised.

Sunday would comprise of a cruise in my Ford Capri along to the Strip at the Ship on London Road.

Now .....................................................................................

Chelsea were in division 2 then so I dont know which saturday you went to the Goldstone to see them.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Mark Wright was wanted by Bristol Rovers before he signed for us. I think the "failed to settle" story is just a cover-up for thanks but we've got someone else in now.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
wright was probably the worst player i have seen play for brighton. he was f***ing SHIT

Clearly you haven't watched many Albion games then. Over the years there have been loads worse than him.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
WHY THE FECK HAVE WE LET MARK WRIGHT GO!?! WHY DID WE SIGN HIM IN THE FECKING FIRST PLACE!?!

II'm genuinly baffled by this decision... I thought Wright was going to be big for us. Him and Dickinson were the only good things about Walsall, and it appears in several other games... WHY SLADE AND BLOOM WHY!?!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
WHY THE FECK HAVE WE LET MARK WRIGHT GO!?! WHY DID WE SIGN HIM IN THE FECKING FIRST PLACE!?!

II'm genuinly baffled by this decision... I thought Wright was going to be big for us. Him and Dickinson were the only good things about Walsall, and it appears in several other games... WHY SLADE AND BLOOM WHY!?!

Probably a gamble that didn't pay off. He wasn't really anything special, Bennett is a much much better player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here