Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official "Brighton Magiko" Song - As chosen by fans on NSC ****

Prepared to have a Drum for this song only, in Northstand, on a limited trial?

• No, over my dead body.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Yes, I'd trial it,to see how it works.

Votes: 98 58.7%

• Total voters

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Yeah.

I'm not negative I just prefer songs to be spontaneous instead of this pre-rehearsed bollocks. It's getting beyond a joke now this is football not f***ing hymn practice.

so you will not join in ? this might generate an incredible atmosphere and you will just stand in silence , you seem very odd

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
there are some songs that i don't that much but i still belt them out at the top of my voice , anything that makes an atmosphere is good imo .

really hope to hear/join in with the magico at Birmingham

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
so you will not join in ? this might generate an incredible atmosphere and you will just stand in silence , you seem very odd

Just because I don't want to join in with you and the other crater faced oiks doesnt mean I will be standing in silence. Every time I aim some criticism I get this 'oooh well your boring standing there quietly and a poo poo head for not wanting an atmosphere.' Fact is I love good atmosphere and will usually join in the singing, just not with this manafactured horse wank or palace songs.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Sing something else over the top of it that doesn't require people to read off a sheet like they are in church?

you don't really get it do you , we have the song sheets for a few games until people get the hang of the lyrics then when everyone knows the words we just sing the song as naturally as any other .

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not gonna have a go at anyone who tries to get the atmosphere going, but that is WAY too complicated.

The reason European ultras sound so great and are so organised is because they have a drum to keep time, a properly organised hierarchy to organise the chanting (often utilising a megaphone), and actually organise things in the flesh away from matches.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Just because I don't want to join in with you and the other crater faced oiks doesnt mean I will be standing in silence. Every time I aim some criticism I get this 'oooh well your boring standing there quietly and a poo poo head for not wanting an atmosphere.' Fact is I love good atmosphere and will usually join in the singing, just not with this manafactured horse wank or palace songs.

so effectively , you do stand in silence when songs of this nature get sung ?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Not gonna have a go at anyone who tries to get the atmosphere going, but that is WAY too complicated.

The reason European ultras sound so great and are so organised is because they have a drum to keep time, a properly organised hierarchy to organise the chanting (often utilising a megaphone), and actually organise things in the flesh away from matches.

who is to say we can not organize such a thing ?

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield

Because we're in England. It's a different culture. ATFC is right about the complicatedness of it. Having watched a fair few games on the continent, songs of this type are usually lead by a bloke at the front who doesn't watch the game, often sits on the perimeter fence facing the crowd and has a megaphone to lead the chanting. That just can't happen here for a multitude of reasons

The majority of people, particularly for home games, go to watch the game. They don't want to have to consult a sheet of paper to check when they need to be singing, even if they only have to do it for one or two games in the event that it does take off. You might have more chance of getting it going at an away game, but then again the more hardcore, older element make up the bulk of that crowd and judging by the reaction in this thread have no interest in this sort of imported nonsense

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

No-one is saying we CAN'T, but no-one is. People seem to think that they can get what appears to me to be the most complicated football chant ever going by posting a video on NSC and handing out song lyrics.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can't we just sing 'Abide With Me'?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Because we're in England. It's a different culture. ATFC is right about the complicatedness of it. Having watched a fair few games on the continent, songs of this type are usually lead by a bloke at the front who doesn't watch the game, often sits on the perimeter fence facing the crowd and has a megaphone to lead the chanting. That just can't happen here for a multitude of reasons

this is called a "capo" ,and i there was a "capo" in the crowd at hull , slowly but surely people started to follow him .

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Someone handed me a lyric sheet last night and I can't say I am surprised this died on it's arse as it is so complicated

We have a crowd who just about manage 'seagulls' and 'allllllbioooon' and you are expecting them to sing verses whilst clapping as well as coordination with other sections of the crowd singing different parts.

You have about as much chance of getting the east stand to sing the first three verses of rappers delight

Can't fault your enthusiasm and all for you coming up with new chants but would aim for something simpler and easier to pick up as far more likely to take off

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here