Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official "Brighton Magiko" Song - As chosen by fans on NSC ****

Prepared to have a Drum for this song only, in Northstand, on a limited trial?

• No, over my dead body.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Yes, I'd trial it,to see how it works.

Votes: 98 58.7%

• Total voters

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Someone handed me a lyric sheet last night and I can't say I am surprised this died on it's arse as it is so complicated

We have a crowd who just about manage 'seagulls' and 'allllllbioooon' and you are expecting them to sing verses whilst clapping as well as coordination with other sections of the crowd singing different parts.

You have about as much chance of getting the east stand to sing the first three verses of rappers delight

Can't fault your enthusiasm and all for you coming up with new chants but would aim for something simpler and easier to pick up as far more likely to take off

What an incredibly accurate post. The only thing I'd change about it: "would aim for something simpler, easier and a bit less RUBBISH to pick up as far more likely to take off"

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
this is called a "capo" ,and i there was a "capo" in the crowd at hull , slowly but surely people started to follow him .

But really, is this as in Caporegime? Presumably he reports to the Boss and Consigliere? Genuine question..........is he friend of ours or a friend of yours?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Just a couple of things if we're gonna take this seriously:
If there is a drum (which I don't want) we need someone who knows how to stay at the same tempo...

Also, there are multiple spelling of the word Magico/Magiko on the sheet. This should probably be amended. (How about Magicko?)
Finally, instead of "My B-H-A", how about "Home or Away"? It doesn't sound as silly, and it's still appropriate and fits.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Chanting "Seagulls" was pretty spontaneous in response to Palace's Eagles
"We're f***ing brilliant" at Peterborough last year

That is two that caught on and lasted for starters

Oh come on Seagulls is a chant not a song, and I'd hardly call the second a song but I'd put money on the fact fact that it did not start instantly on the terraces, more likely during a train journey amoung a group of fans, like the way the old songs started.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Just a couple of things if we're gonna take this seriously:
If there is a drum (which I don't want) we need someone who knows how to stay at the same tempo...

Also, there are multiple spelling of the word Magico/Magiko on the sheet. This should probably be amended. (How about Magicko?)
Finally, instead of "My B-H-A", how about "Home or Away"? It doesn't sound as silly, and it's still appropriate and fits.

Yes, "Home and Away" would work well, good shout. Pantani?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

when it gets going its going to rock , f*** the moaners

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Is anyone going to get it started at the next home game? I think it would be really good everyone singing it !!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Is anyone going to get it started at the next home game? I think it would be really good everyone singing it !!

there is a group with a fair few numbers (NSK) which will be trying to get this going tomorrow , i think the song will be sung at away games long before you will hear it at the amex i'm afraid .

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Unfortunately that's probably true, was i right in hearing that song sheets may be handed out for it?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I like the song, but aboslutely no one seems to have the balls to get it going... I'll be going to watford, if anyone else is genuinely interested in getting this song going, PM me, I reckon with a group of 6 we could get this going easily.

Oct 28, 2011
Looking forward to getting this going. We have also just ordered a new banner similar to the DK one which depicts an image of UDA/NSK hero Johnny 'Mad Dog' Adair holding an assault rifle in one hand and an NSK scarf in the other. It is going to look the bollocks!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just a gentle bump to try to give you inspiration for your new song for the amex campaign .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here