Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
we need a cullip, oatway type monster who understands this derby.

spanish dave, orlandi. vicente etc - i love em, but they will wimp out.

i can see us losing and am not confident at all - hence the Barnsley game is a must win.

i can see us losing and am not confident at all - hence the Barnsley game is a must win.

Have faith in ur team, I thought we'd lose heavily at the Amex last season but you ran out of steam 2nd half
and the rest is history ;)

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Win over them is well over due. To be a home win will make it special also.
I not watched BHA v CP since the mid to late 80s.
To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement.

I predict a 2-1 win for us, and a entertaining day before during & after.

Let the games begin!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

I'm still not convinced that Poyet takes it seriously as a 'derby game,' and that for him it is still 'just another fixture.'

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Similar to the game at Selhurst, I think it could boil down to who Brighton have in their starting 11. I know the referee played the biggest role in our 3-0 win, but having players like Bridge missing was a huge loss to your hopes I thought.

The same goes for Sunday, Bloom is very well known for putting his hand in his pocket for BHAFC, so a decent loan signing to replace Barnes and CMS could make the world of difference. If you've just got Ulloa (who has been impressive), I think it could be a far tougher game than it needed be.

If the game was at Selhurst, I would be extremely confident, our away form is terrible though despite winning our last game so I'm predicting and accepting that a point would be good and quite likely.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will think about this after Tuesday. Until then it's all about Barnsley for me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Up until 4.55 pm yesterday I was confident about next Sunday , despite losing to Bolton we showed resolve and were unlucky in getting an equaliser as they were being battered for the last 15 minutes. Then Barnesy got a red card and possibly changed the course of the season. I'll take a 2-2 with 9 yellow cards right now.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I want to beat you 'orrible lot not just because it's Palace (although some bragging rights back would be nice - for the record I think ground and attendances < beating one another and league position. Granted other (strange) folk on here don't) but I plain and simply can't have you lot going up.

This season has been a massive fluke for you. You were one of the favourites to go down, you didn't have a pot to piss in. You had "that Brighton ****" and a young lad with fancy foot work but no end product (Palace supporters synopsis on my table at the Oaks last year). But it's all clicked for you. That young lad became unplayable and "that Brighton ****" well, I don't think he got close to 30 goals a season for us in the third or fourth division! If he carries on like he is going he's going to be close to a 40 goal a season man. Add to that the Brizzle City reject you plucked out from no where who tore us to shreds, Jediwarrior (or whatever his name is) who you claim is better than Bridcutt (haven't seen enough of the former to comment) and a solid back line it's safe to say you've had a great season! Even your manager (and Palace legend) jumping ship only de-railed you slightly.

BUT

I can't have you going up and I'll tell you why:

Firstly like I said it's been a massive fluke! Zaha will be gone we already know that. If you don't go up Murray will be sold and you'll be sensible to cash in on him whilst his stock is high. You'll still have to replace him though and replacing a 40 goal a season striker is near on impossible without spending massively. If Jedimaster is as good as you lot make out someone will be in for him (as I'm sure they will for Bridcutt). You may well keep your back line, Spironi has shown in the past he's no ambition to play at a higher level and the rest aren't world beaters just solid second division players. You'll go back to being mid to lower half of the table side IMO.

Secondly Holloway is a dick! Before he went up with Blackpool I thought he was a berk who just came out with daft comments now and again. He didn't get the air time to affect my life in any significant way. Then SSN were going to him to ask him about anything and everything from the fiscal state of Greece to what his nan had for dinner last week. It got boring after the first week. By the third week I wanted to launch my coffee table through my telly every time his turnip eating face came on it. It's safe to say I don't like the bloke and now he's gone to your horrible lot it's another reason to wish ill on him. If you go up I think I'll cancel my sky sport subscription as I don't think I could take having to replace my TV every other day!

Thirdly I can't stand you lot. Simple as that. Your fans are smug wankers but I'll admit you've got every reason to be smug over us. You've been by far the better side over us for pretty much all of my lifetime on this rock. If you go up you'll probably come straight back down (as would we) but the money that would generate for you would ensure you'll be there or thereabouts for several seasons coming.

I'm not fussed about us going up, of course I'd like us to but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't. It would be a ****ing nightmare if you lot go up though! If you were to offer me neither of us going up now I'd happily take that and look forward to another season of fun and games next year.

I would say enjoy the game next week but I wouldn't mean it. I hope it's a totally miserable experience for you and the rest of the red and blue mcockney wannabees who are going to infest our town next week.

UTAFOP

Best thing I've ever read on here. :clap:

This is the biggest game of the season for me. You lot are long overdue a win over us, and Derby and Watford apart we haven't done well away from home for a while. But we are still scoring for fun. Holloway's mantra is "ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!", my tip is for the odd goal in 5 to be the decider. Squeaky bum time all round.

Will there be any decent beer in the away end? :drink:

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
I think the game you lot have on Tuesday will give a few clues about your approach for Sunday - football is largely about confidence and you're low at the moment I reckon, whereas we're unbeaten in a few and on a high.

If you lose on Tuesday I think it's all over for Sunday, derby or not. A morale boosting win would set it up nicely. Just want no early red cards and a proper contest.

Which we win.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the game you lot have on Tuesday will give a few clues about your approach for Sunday - football is largely about confidence and you're low at the moment I reckon, whereas we're unbeaten in a few and on a high.

If you lose on Tuesday I think it's all over for Sunday, derby or not. A morale boosting win would set it up nicely. Just want no early red cards and a proper contest.

Which we win.

Even with a win on Tuesday , I think it will be a banana skin for either side on Sunday if they lose

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
It's funny how we're all having a decent conversation and debate and there's no sign whatsoever of [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION]...

Sorry to disappoint, was visiting family for mother's day :thumbsup:

No idea what the result is going to be, to be honest. It really could go either way. I can't see either side keeping a clean sheet. Our defense is average at best but in terms of goal scoring we're incredible. I'd be surprised if we scored less than three and I'd be even more surprised if we conceded less than two.

Brighton missing key players up front is very good news for us. Holloway's philosophy is one of all out attack so we'll be creating chances with pace and flair for 90 minutes + injury time. Expect no defensive substitutions from Palace regardless of score, and expect Kevin Phillips to play some part.

If this was at Selhurst Park again I'd be 100% confident of 3 points. Unfortunately it isn't and apart from Derby we haven't traveled well in 2013, so I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen.

Both teams set up to control the game through possession. You've been doing it a lot longer than we have, and your players are better passers of the ball (especially with Owen Garvan out injured for us) but we've got a lot more pace in the team, we've got better finishers and we've got better wingers. When it comes to defense you are far superior, no question, but I doubt it'll be enough to stop Glenn "30 goals by March" Murray and Kevin "scores a brace against the Weeds again" Phillips.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Without wishing to get all slushy in this thread ain't it great that our derby will be played in front of 30,000 fans on Sunday. Who'd have though that 5 years ago. Unbelievable.

2-2 draw for me. With Palace coming from 2-0 down leaving us gutted!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Which we win.

no we are not

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
no we are not

You might not be, but I'd imagine your team is. Not a single shot on target away to the team bottom of the league, losing 1-0 undeservedly to Bolton away from home then having Ashley Barnes sent off for a ridiculously stupid reason in the 94th minute.

If you don't win at Barnsley your play-off credentials will also take a massive hit. The pressure might get to them for our game if you get anything other than 3 points on Tuesday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Without wishing to get all slushy in this thread ain't it great that our derby will be played in front of 30,000 fans on Sunday. Who'd have though that 5 years ago. Unbelievable.

The crowd is limited to 28,500 for this game , even so I think it will be just under 28,000

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
You might not be, but I'd imagine your team is. Not a single shot on target away to the team bottom of the league, losing 1-0 undeservedly to Bolton away from home then having Ashley Barnes sent off for a ridiculously stupid reason in the 94th minute.

If you don't win at Barnsley your play-off credentials will also take a massive hit. The pressure might get to them for our game if you get anything other than 3 points on Tuesday.

I did miss you today

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
With Zaha,Murray and Phillips against us and the loss of CMS and Barnes cant see us even sharing the points, still we can watch Palace experiencing a torrid time in the Premiership next season as Southampton are enduring at present.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012

2-2 is our favorite score this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here