Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I seriously do think this will be a draw, if not 0...0 then 1...1, it will be a tight game with little attacking from either side, sadly and I hope I am wrong, but possibly not a great game to watch! :(

Disclaimer: This is purely my opinion and I have no powers to see into the future :)

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I seriously do think this will be a draw, if not 0...0 then 1...1, it will be a tight game with little attacking from either side, sadly and I hope I am wrong, but possibly not a great game to watch! :(

Disclaimer: This is purely my opinion and I have no powers to see into the future :)

With Holloway as our manager hitony, this is one game that will not have any lack of attacking. We will definitely score and we will certainly concede. The big question is how many times for each side!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So ladies and gentlemen, the game is nearly upon us, and it has the makings of a cracker. Both teams could be top 6, there is so much at stake, and it wont be one for the faint hearted.
With no bookings yesterday, we will be at full strength, but you will be at least 2 forwards light,maybe a couple of loans may arrive ?

Both managers can get aminated on the touch line, and I can see Ollie taking a fair bit of stick from your lot!
What will Murrays reception be like? A few claps and a few boos no doubt, but the atmosphere should be electric.

So what's your opinion about the outcome of the game ? I honestly can't see us losing, we do look a solid team to play against, but you do have flair players who can cause any team problems. I'm going for a 1-1 , with Murray getting our goal, with a few tasty tackles and bookings thrown in.

Hope it's a good day out for everyone, and everyone gets home safely :thumbsup:

I want to beat you 'orrible lot not just because it's Palace (although some bragging rights back would be nice - for the record I think ground and attendances < beating one another and league position. Granted other (strange) folk on here don't) but I plain and simply can't have you lot going up.

This season has been a massive fluke for you. You were one of the favourites to go down, you didn't have a pot to piss in. You had "that Brighton ****" and a young lad with fancy foot work but no end product (Palace supporters synopsis on my table at the Oaks last year). But it's all clicked for you. That young lad became unplayable and "that Brighton ****" well, I don't think he got close to 30 goals a season for us in the third or fourth division! If he carries on like he is going he's going to be close to a 40 goal a season man. Add to that the Brizzle City reject you plucked out from no where who tore us to shreds, Jediwarrior (or whatever his name is) who you claim is better than Bridcutt (haven't seen enough of the former to comment) and a solid back line it's safe to say you've had a great season! Even your manager (and Palace legend) jumping ship only de-railed you slightly.

BUT

I can't have you going up and I'll tell you why:

Firstly like I said it's been a massive fluke! Zaha will be gone we already know that. If you don't go up Murray will be sold and you'll be sensible to cash in on him whilst his stock is high. You'll still have to replace him though and replacing a 40 goal a season striker is near on impossible without spending massively. If Jedimaster is as good as you lot make out someone will be in for him (as I'm sure they will for Bridcutt). You may well keep your back line, Spironi has shown in the past he's no ambition to play at a higher level and the rest aren't world beaters just solid second division players. You'll go back to being mid to lower half of the table side IMO.

Secondly Holloway is a dick! Before he went up with Blackpool I thought he was a berk who just came out with daft comments now and again. He didn't get the air time to affect my life in any significant way. Then SSN were going to him to ask him about anything and everything from the fiscal state of Greece to what his nan had for dinner last week. It got boring after the first week. By the third week I wanted to launch my coffee table through my telly every time his turnip eating face came on it. It's safe to say I don't like the bloke and now he's gone to your horrible lot it's another reason to wish ill on him. If you go up I think I'll cancel my sky sport subscription as I don't think I could take having to replace my TV every other day!

Thirdly I can't stand you lot. Simple as that. Your fans are smug wankers but I'll admit you've got every reason to be smug over us. You've been by far the better side over us for pretty much all of my lifetime on this rock. If you go up you'll probably come straight back down (as would we) but the money that would generate for you would ensure you'll be there or thereabouts for several seasons coming.

I'm not fussed about us going up, of course I'd like us to but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't. It would be a ****ing nightmare if you lot go up though! If you were to offer me neither of us going up now I'd happily take that and look forward to another season of fun and games next year.

I would say enjoy the game next week but I wouldn't mean it. I hope it's a totally miserable experience for you and the rest of the red and blue mcockney wannabees who are going to infest our town next week.

UTAFOP

Last edited:

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Re: Brighton v Palace, 7 days and counting .

With Holloway as our manager hitony, this is one game that will not have any lack of attacking. We will definitely score and we will certainly concede. The big question is how many times for each side!

Interesting that you think you'll definately concede. I doubt you have played a side with such a depleted strikeforce as us so far this season.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

I appreciate Holloway has a history of attacking, but i just feel this game will sort of stalemate itself out a bit, we have seen it at Premiership level so many times where good attacking clubs just bottle it a bit and all the play is around midfield and it goes nowhere, both sides will be looking for the break quite obviously.

As I say i hope I am wrong, but i just fear it will go that way.

If im honest though, I dont care if we play like clowns and dont have a shot as long as in the last seconds the ball bounces off 20 players hits the bar and both posts hits the back of your goalkeeper and is deemed as the luckiest goal of the century!!! as long as its us that wins! :lol:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I want to beat you 'orrible lot not just because it's Palace (although some bragging rights back would be nice - for the record I think ground and attendances < beating one another and league position. Granted other (strange) folk on here don't) but I plain and simply can't have you lot going up.

This season has been a massive fluke for you. You were one of the favourites to go down, you didn't have a pot to piss in. You had "that Brighton ****" and a young lad with fancy foot work but no end product (Palace supporters synopsis on my table at the Oaks last year). But it's all clicked for you. That young lad became unplayable and "that Brighton ****" well, I don't think he got close to 30 goals a season for us in the third or fourth division! If he carries on like he is going he's going to be close to a 40 goal a season man. Add to that the Brizzle City reject you plucked out from no where who tore us to shreds, Jediwarrior (or whatever his name is) who you claim is better than Bridcutt (haven't seen enough of the former to comment) and a solid back line it's safe to say you've had a great season! Even your manager (and Palace legend) jumping ship only de-railed you slightly.

BUT

Firstly like I said it's been a massive fluke! Zaha will be gone we already know that. If you don't go up Murray will be sold and you'll be sensible to cash in on him whilst his stock is high. You'll still have to replace him though and replacing a 40 goal a season striker is near on impossible without spending massively. If Jedimaster is as good as you lot make out someone will be in for him (as I'm sure they will for Bridcutt). You may well keep your back line, Spironi has shown in the past he's no ambition to play at a higher level and the rest aren't world beaters just solid second division players. You'll go back to being mid to lower half of the table side IMO.

Secondly Holloway is a dick! Before he went up with Blackpool I thought he was a berk who just came out with daft comments now and again. He didn't get the air time to affect my life in any significant way. Then SSN were going to him to ask him about anything and everything from the fiscal state of Greece to what his nan had for dinner last week. It got boring after the first week. By the third week I wanted to launch my coffee table through my telly every time his turnip eating face came on it. It's safe to say I don't like the bloke and now he's gone to your horrible lot it's another reason to wish ill on him. If you go up I think I'll cancel my sky sport subscription as I don't think I could take having to replace my TV every other day!

Thirdly I can't stand you lot. Simple as that. Your fans are smug wankers but I'll admit you've got every reason to be smug over us. You've been by far the better side over us for pretty much all of my lifetime on this rock. If you go up you'll probably come straight back down (as would we) but the money that would generate for you would ensure you'll be there or thereabouts for several seasons coming.

I'm not fussed about us going up, of course I'd like us to but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't. It would be a ****ing nightmare if you lot go up though! If you were to offer me neither of us going up now I'd happily take that and look forward to another season of fun and games next year.

I would say enjoy the game next week but I wouldn't mean it. I hope it's a totally miserable experience for you and the rest of the red and blue mcockney wannabees who are going to invest our town next week.

UTAFOP

Great post :thumbsup: but you really should not sit on the fence with your thoughts and comments :lol:

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
You need to start well to have a chance and get a lead. We are a second half side more often than not (although are suceptible to muggings as yesterday showed !) and the only things stopping me from thinking a comfortable win is our poor away form and that it's the big one.

Our defence is ok but not great, so if you get a decent striker in that will be a big bonus for you especially after Barnes had a brain freeze yesterday.

If you can stop Williams, Moritz, Bolasie, Zaha and Murray then fair play to you.

Repeat of last year I think 3-1 Palace

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

BUT

I would say enjoy the game next week but I wouldn't mean it. I hope it's a totally miserable experience for you and the rest of the red and blue mcockney wannabees who are going to invest our town next week.

UTAFOP

Arthur, I salute you for one of the best post's ever seen on NSC! (imo, of course) :thumbsup:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Interesting that you think you'll definately concede. I doubt you have played a side with such a depleted strikeforce as us so far this season.

Hmm, don't get me wrong, I'm no expert on your team and I'm pleased to hear that but Ulloa seems to be turning out to be, disappointingly, a success and Vicente looks to be very good player so you have an attacking threat for sure.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BUT

UTAFOP

Most enjoyable read,quite possibly the best i have read here this year,superb from start to finish,full of every emotion under the sun.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
If im honest though, I dont care if we play like clowns and dont have a shot as long as in the last seconds the ball bounces off 20 players hits the bar and both posts hits the back of your goalkeeper and is deemed as the luckiest goal of the century!!! as long as its us that wins! :lol:

I know the feeling!

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Should be a comfortable away win for palace far to much firepower for Brighton to handle but this is a Derby game Brighton are due to beat us and are stronge at home
Players to watch Williams outstanding at 19 years old ,zahas back on form and of corse Murray I know he's well rated on here but did any of you think he would get 30 goal in the championship this season with 9 games still to play.39 year old Philips still knows where the net is.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Great post :thumbsup: but you really should not sit on the fence with your thoughts and comments :lol:

I agree that was a tour de force and written from the heart and in the best traditions of NSC. But just so I (we) are clear what the new Google Friendly landscape on here looks like, can I ask why you have read it but not edited / deleted the bit about "wankers" and Holloway being a "dick." ?

Its a genuine question, because I thought this was the sort of thing that was going to be met with infractions etc, instead of "Great post :thumbsup:"

(Incidentally, it's not just NSC that is tying itself in knots in an attempt not to offend anyone anymore. I was just looking at my little boy's Thomas the Tank Engine set that I bought him last week and see that The Fat Controller has now inexplicably been re-branded as "The Stout Gentleman.")

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If (when) we lose, I'm hoping lots of us will be able to accept that the better team won, unless it's anything like the Bolton game.
Kevin Phillips and Murray have to be odds-on to score. In the last 2 seasons Murray has got 3 goals against us and Phillips has got 4.

I like to think that I'll be modest in defeat, but either way I'll probably be giving this place a miss. I certainly won't be going onto the BBS if we win though.

Equally, if we win, I'd quite like to see some modesty from Palace fans, it's always appreciated by both sides.

Not sure if that's as coherent as I wanted it to be, but hopefully you know what I'm trying to say.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing

BUT

I would say enjoy the game next week but I wouldn't mean it. I hope it's a totally miserable experience for you and the rest of the red and blue mcockney wannabees who are going to infest our town next week.

UTAFOP

First class post corse we want to beat each other I have no hatred towards Brighton fans just a win at all cost mentality

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I think the game will end in a high scoring draw, 2-2 or 3-3. There will be at least one dodgy penalty for each side, a full on 22 man melee at some point of the game, and if it ends 11 vs 11 I will be very surprised.

All in all a very entertaining game.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For all those possibly thinking of defeat,when we lose to Barnsley ,the season is over?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here