The North Stand...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
long and complicated, bet you also struggle with "Give us a B" as well :facepalm: are you one of the new "Let's Go Brighton Let's Go" crowd.

Seems plenty of people won't be happy until its dead quiet all game.

All this pathetic don't like that song; that songs just too rude; ooooooooooo that man swore Mr Steward; that song was sung in the 80's so cannot possibly be sung in 2013; I don't know the words to SBTS so I have to sing it soooooooo fast nobody will realise; we must not sing "We the North Stand" as it might wake the West and East up; is starting to ruin the Amex experience. Miserable buggers the lot of you.

Exactly this, people moan about the songs being sung but still also moan it quiet in the stadium. Which one do they want?

theboybilly

I thought the Wednesday fans were the best at the Amex this season so far, but they've always been a decent lot (in the vocal sense) I'm sure the Forest contingent will be strong on Saturday too. Looking forward to a cracking atmosphere.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I don't understand why people go in the north if they're not going to sing! It cant be for the view!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It was shockingly bad last night in the North. Quite possibly the worst atmosphere I've experienced since our "reboot". Didn't help that loads of people seemed to not turn up (including Grant behind me just under the video screen who gets a lot of songs going). I was desperately trying to get some chants going but everyone seemed to want to carry on having conversations with each other - WTF. Also at times, I could hear how loud the NW corner were, would try and get their song going on my side then everyone around me would drown me out with a different one!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Munkfish. i feel there are many current factors why the atmosphere may be a little lacking at the moment, in the North stand.

Firstly. I feel everyone is still feeling a little wayward since the highs of last season, and the way Poyet left. however, and I can only speak for myself, the general impression in my area is that Oscar will be a better manager than Gus.

The team need sometimes to lift the crowd. Last night, and many other games this season have been rather tense, to put it mildly, and when people are on edge they tend to be quiet. So when a goal is cored the whole of the tension is released. A case in example was Lua Lua a couple of weeks ago waving to the crowd, which boosted the noise, as we were taking control of the game.

Lastly. There seems to be a little split between the right and left sides in the stand. Wether this is due to acoustics etc. i do not know, but sometimes one area will start a song, and the other side do not follow.

It's the feckin' crowd that needs to lift the team FFS - if we are 1-0 with 20 mins or whatever to go we should ALL be up and urging them on!!

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
There seems to be more noise coming from there every game. I'm in N1G which also seems to be getting a bit louder. There was less noise coming from the middle of the north yesterday.

I agree that both of our sides are getting louder but I think maybe that some people get bit worried that they might sing on there own. I love to sing a long/shout.
I think we could make it an intimidating stadium to come to, I know it already is but even more !!
:albion2:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Should ask Bloom if he would open the North Stand for choir practice once a month, to build on harmonies, power, rhythm and work through a playlist.

The problem is it already sounds like a choir because every song has been slowed down. GOSBTS sounds awful now

abc

Jan 6, 2007
There is so much giving it large by some people who are obvioulsy noth stand residents on this board as to how they are über fans etc and yet the same people make pathetic excuses why they don't sing and support the team. Fine but don't then have a go at other fans such as 1901ers as if you are something special - massive generalisation by me I appreciate.

Last night the lack of support from the Noth stand was just sad. We may be 'old buggers' now but our group, most of whom were north stand regulars in the late 70s and 80s, sang our bloody hearts out when we were north stand regulars. And they nicked our roof too!

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
It was shockingly bad last night in the North. Quite possibly the worst atmosphere I've experienced since our "reboot". Didn't help that loads of people seemed to not turn up (including Grant behind me just under the video screen who gets a lot of songs going). I was desperately trying to get some chants going but everyone seemed to want to carry on having conversations with each other - WTF. Also at times, I could hear how loud the NW corner were, would try and get their song going on my side then everyone around me would drown me out with a different one!

I like Grant nice bloke and loud too I'm usually in front of Kev and him but was at the front of NW last night
and must admit they were trying but nothing seemed to take off in the NW last night.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There is so much giving it large by some people who are obvioulsy noth stand residents on this board as to how they are über fans etc and yet the same people make pathetic excuses why they don't sing and support the team. Fine but don't then have a go at other fans such as 1901ers as if you are something special - massive generalisation by me I appreciate.

Last night the lack of support from the Noth stand was just sad. We may be 'old buggers' now but our group, most of whom were north stand regulars in the late 70s and 80s, sang our bloody hearts out when we were north stand regulars. And they nicked our roof too!

The old boy has a point. When I was a goldstone NS regular we didn't have the Internet and didn't need organising to sing our hearts out. It just happened. Saying that, we didn't have seats which kill the atmosphere or at least makes it hard work

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I forgot to say, I'm back on sat so it'll be much different.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Yeah, people going to a football match and talking about it to the person next to them - I may have to start screaming for a policeman if this keeps happening :facepalm:

Bottom line is this - Sh*t showing = Sh*t atmosphere - Great showing = Great atmosphere.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The old boy has a point. When I was a goldstone NS regular we didn't have the Internet and didn't need organising to sing our hearts out. It just happened. Saying that, we didn't have seats which kill the atmosphere or at least makes it hard work

Funny how the seats don't kill the atmosphere on away games or when teams like Leeds have to 'cope' with them in the south stand

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah, people going to a football match and talking about it to the person next to them - I may have to start screaming for a policeman if this keeps happening :facepalm:

Bottom line is this - Sh*t showing = Sh*t atmosphere - Great showing = Great atmosphere.

I think you're onto something here ;)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Funny how the seats don't kill the atmosphere on away games or when teams like Leeds have to 'cope' with them in the south stand

I sit down that end and I always say how loud and 'together' the Leeds fans sing...definitely the most in unison fans we have had at the Amex. Even Arsenal and Liverpool were not remotely close.

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
What do you expect? The group on the right side of the North decide to move even further towards the West Stand, and the rest of the stand, particularly towards the East end, suffers. An idea that was thought through about as well as some of their efforts at starting a song...

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Also thinking about it, the few songs that are attempted are the same as the ones we sang 30 years ago!

The youth of today eh?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports