Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
it takes more than one person to get it going. We have a fantastic group very close to me in the North West (The Judge i am assuming this is him and his entourage). I am slightly more central with a group of friends. We take his lead as much as possible. Others around us are in their own world sometimes and others take the lead from central area although I don't think there as good a variety in their. Somehow it needs to be able to travel from the north West corner to the rest of the stand.
The other major problem that i can see and hear is a lot of our chants are over before they have begun. The best ones are the one's that continue on. The song for Leonardo is a great example of this. I love the Oscar Garcia song sung SLOW rather than racing through and that if everyone sung it would sound great.
It should not just be down to the North to sing though. Other stands need people to get on their feet and sing or at least open their mouths a bit.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Should probably say that waving the Gay Rainbow flag (not sure on its PC name) is hardly the greatest atmosphere enhancer either - and just BEGS for the stuff which gets people at the Amex (and the ones who went to Ipswich mind) screaming for a Policeman.

Oh, and midweek games are a bit like marmite. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is crap.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So it's a better atmosphere than standing and/or surging in the old North Stand?

Well if it's a choice of standing up for a couple of hours where your feet turn into cold concrete or having your own space and a padded seat, I am Amex all the way.

Having said that there should be a standing area in the North that has that option without a comfy seat.

Jimmy Grimble

I was in the Upper North/'The Shelf', and it was notable from there how much more the North contributes to the atmosphere compared to anywhere else. Very disappointed with the West Upper.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well that shows how much you know about football then doesn't it. We were outplayed. Fact.

Anyone who gives an opinion and then follows it with "fact" immediately loses the argument and all credibility.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Well if it's a choice of standing up for a couple of hours where your feet turn into cold concrete or having your own space and a padded seat, I am Amex all the way.

Having said that there should be a standing area in the North that has that option without a comfy seat.

Fair enough - I never worried about my own space back in the 80's - the less space the better - it meant super singing (warm) sardines!!!

Jan 30, 2008
The atmosphere in the North is fine in sections, it would help if the club would put The Judge and co in the center of the North to help orchestrate both wings. The north west last night didn't stop but for about 10 minutes in the second half when we moaned about people leaving on 76 minutes (Last night was a night for a few moans but nothing OTT)... If you look at the atmosphere of the Readings, Birmingham's etc our support is bloody terrific in comparison, either that or I need to get my ears tested. When 'Go Left' got belted out in the North west yesterday there were sections of the North East stood there watching and taking videos instead of joining in... I agree it needs to be an entire stand in unity to create a great atmosphere! But when was the last time the WEST stand sang??!! 8k capacity isn't it? It sounds like the wing of sunday league team!!

To summarise, PUT THE JUDGE AT THE CENTRE OF THE NORTH!
taking videos ha ha , that just about sums it up WHY OH WHY DO YOU NEED TO FILM THINGS INSIDE A FOOTBALL STADIUM must be plenty of bored people about :facepalm:
regards
DR

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I sit at the back of the north and thought it was a poor atmosphere last night.

Two things spring to mind about the lack of atmosphere.

Firstly we need to stop singing that "Have you seen the muppet show" song. Nobody likes it & nobody sings it.

Secondly, we don't seem to be a united bunch. It seems like if one group start a song others dont join in because of who started it and vice versa.

That's the impression I get anyway.

Rubbish mate, I'm a row down from the judge and when 'go left' gets going the NW corner rocks. Just get involved rather than moaning. It's a great song. Sounds great away too...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rubbish mate, I'm a row down from the judge and when 'go left' gets going the NW corner rocks. Just get involved rather than moaning. It's a great song. Sounds great away too...

I'm right over on the east side of the north, and lots of us also get involved but it does need a better ending. At one point after 'Or you will die' it went on to We hate Palace which is better.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Yea i struggle with give us a B after 21 years of hearing it! Along with all the other songs as well! I can t be alone on this one because there's only about 30 of you that sing it out of the whole of the northstand.

Jan 30, 2008
yea i struggle with give us a b after 21 years of hearing it! Along with all the other songs as well! I can t be alone on this one because there's only about 30 of you that sing it out of the whole of the northstand.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaalbion , aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalbion ..........EASY ONE TO LEARN gets the biggest shout :D
regards
DR

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
it was great 30 years ago ???
regards
DR

Vintage, it's all the rage.

It's funny isn't it? NSK get chastised for daring to sing new songs then when they sign an old tune they get slammed because it's too old.

Lets just keep quiet...

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
It might seem quiet at The Amex on occasions but at least we don't resort to having a drum, brass band or goal music. God forbid that we ever adopt them. Too many other grounds depend on artificial noise from a drum etc to try to generate some sort of atmosphere (and often fail).

The really impressive thing about The Amex is the noise is generated purely by the crowd. Talking to away fans makes you appreciate just how impressed they are especially when the West and East join the North. The place rocks when everyone joins in, especially when there are 25 to 30k inside. It must lift the players too. Pity it doesn't happen a bit more often.

Don't speak too soon, I reckon we'll have a drummer by Christmas

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Can t beat it lol.i like northern slums but haven t heard that for a long long time.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I sit in N1H and I'm always wanting to sing but most of the people around me, don't get singing until someone starts it up.

Anyone else in N1H wanting to get a bit of noise going? I try to a lot but it's hard to get everyone going.

I love it though when everyone sings. Such a good feeling.
There seems to be more noise coming from there every game. I'm in N1G which also seems to be getting a bit louder. There was less noise coming from the middle of the north yesterday.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Should probably say that waving the Gay Rainbow flag (not sure on its PC name) is hardly the greatest atmosphere enhancer either - and just BEGS for the stuff which gets people at the Amex (and the ones who went to Ipswich mind) screaming for a Policeman.

Oh, and midweek games are a bit like marmite. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is crap.

Must admit I thought exactly the same thing. Certainly doesn't help with the atmosphere, put a downer on things for a few people in the north who saw it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here