Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The Judge, for the record, was in the centre of the north last season - but moved somewhere else after something happened.

As for the atmosphere, if the action on the pitch isn't that great, then your in for a quiet match.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Without a low roof and standing the atmosphere will never be like the previous North Stand experience. It's just not the same..never will be again. My enjoyment of footie games and everything I go there for ( a proper blast ) is sadly diminished. Still enjoy it tho.

The roof has nothing to do with it, the away support at the Amex doesn't have a problem with being heard there. Likewise our away support normally out sings the home sides.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
The roof has nothing to do with it, the away support at the Amex doesn't have a problem with being heard there. Likewise our away support normally out sings the home sides.

Exactly this. The away fans last night were superb. Clapped us when we finally started our first loud song on 30 mins. Shite

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Maybe because it's a weekday dosent help and less beer had been consumed, but it isn't all the great in the north atm, except after tha 5 minutes agasint Bolton.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Worst atmosphere in ages last night. Out sung and outplayed sums up the evening.

Did you actually watch the game or stare at your mobile the whole time.....

Without going into how we played, at no stage in the game were we outplayed.

I was sat in the North and I must say there seemed to be fair few people around me more interested in checking the Chelsea score on their mobiles.

Footballers are at the end of the day entertainers, and not until the second half did I feel entertained and then in turn sang as I felt they did not deserve my effort if they were not making any.

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
This does get tedious. As others have said, the players and the crowd feed off each other. When things get exciting on the pitch, the crowd gets stirred and more will sing than just the passionate minority.

In an ideal world, the whole stadium would sing their lungs out for 95 minutes, regardless of how the team is playing or any other additional factors. In the real world, that doesn't happen. Anywhere. Not even in the first season at the Amex. Or the golden years at the Goldstone.

Away support will always sing more consistently and effectively because they're bunched together, have a much higher proportion of keen singers and up for the occasion because it's an away day.

We do our bit in the north behind the goal and to the left, and start more songs than many. Sometimes the atmosphere takes off and the place rocks. Often it doesn't. Last night was one of those. Live with it.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013

I was sat in the North and I must say there seemed to be fair few people around me more interested in checking the Chelsea score on their mobiles.

Footballers are at the end of the day entertainers, and not until the second half did I feel entertained and then in turn sang as I felt they did not deserve my effort if they were not making any.

Well that shows how much you know about football then doesn't it. We were outplayed. Fact.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You could read every mobile screen? Wow I wish I had eyesight like yours. I looked at Twitter a couple of times on my phone to see if others had thought the same about Kazenga's diver for example.
As for Chelsea, I still don't know what their score was, as it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It was a dull, low tempo game. And a full, low tempo atmosphere matched the occasion just fine.

I don't know why people expect a carefree carnival atmosphere. It would not have been authentic.

We don't want any of that European shit! I'd rather sit in silence then moan about said silence than try new things. ;)

Nsk and Judge have turned the nw corner into a great place if only we could get them in the middle.

Also found a lot of strange goings on. A big singing lot to my left rarely join in with me and the people around us but will then start the same song on mass a minute later.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I sit in N1H and I'm always wanting to sing but most of the people around me, don't get singing until someone starts it up.

Anyone else in N1H wanting to get a bit of noise going? I try to a lot but it's hard to get everyone going.

I love it though when everyone sings. Such a good feeling.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I sit at the back of the north and thought it was a poor atmosphere last night.

Two things spring to mind about the lack of atmosphere.

Firstly we need to stop singing that "Have you seen the muppet show" song. Nobody likes it & nobody sings it.

Secondly, we don't seem to be a united bunch. It seems like if one group start a song others dont join in because of who started it and vice versa.

That's the impression I get anyway.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I sit at the back of the north and thought it was a poor atmosphere last night.

Two things spring to mind about the lack of atmosphere.

Firstly we need to stop singing that "Have you seen the muppet show" song. Nobody likes it & nobody sings it.

Secondly, we don't seem to be a united bunch. It seems like if one group start a song others dont join in because of who started it and vice versa.

That's the impression I get anyway.

It shouldn't matter who starts the songs as you say. We should all try and do it at the same time. Also everyone should be happy and pull together and get it rocking.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Did feel a bit odd last night, right from turning up there was just ZERO atmosphere, no real singing at all. Dunno if it's a Tuesday night thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here