Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand...

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Utter utter b0llocks. We had virtually all the posession in the first half and in the 2nd half both teams were total shite. I was a close gaem, hence the 1-1 scoreline.

Utter bollocks? Get real. It was close, yes. Both teams were shit, we were worse. They had more chances to score especially in injury time 2nd half. So shove your utter bollocks shite and look beyond the final score.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Precisely this!! But of course nobody likes it and nobody sings it... :facepalm:

that says a lot about the atmosphere in the stadium if that was the loudest song. not everyone can join in with it, most of the ground look to the north to lead, however they are pretty pants at it, the west could get it going if everyone bothered, being dead central is pretty depressing apart from the view, just have a few oldies around.

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
If you reckon the middle was bad try the new family stand next to away lot - on a up side that Tango character was funny at times last night.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
That was the loudest song all night.

Was it?

There is a grey haired bloke along from me that started it last night and everybody around just seemed to be either asking why the hell we continue with this song or taking the mick out of his voice!!!

I think the evening kick offs lack in atmosphere. This shouldn't be the case but I believe it's because people haven't had the time to get any drink inside them and maybe people are turning up knackered after a day at work. That was certainly the case with me last night.

I'm sure the atmosphere on Saturday will be better, it's a given that we should ALL be getting behind the team.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
that says a lot about the atmosphere in the stadium if that was the loudest song. not everyone can join in with it, most of the ground look to the north to lead, however they are pretty pants at it, the west could get it going if everyone bothered, being dead central is pretty depressing apart from the view, just have a few oldies around.

So are you in the north or the west?

I agree the atmosphere was flat, but surely it is up to everyone to get it going.

Fair enough if you were trying to get things going, but if you were not to come on here post event can be seen as a tad counter productive.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
The atmosphere in the North is fine in sections, it would help if the club would put The Judge and co in the center of the North to help orchestrate both wings. The north west last night didn't stop but for about 10 minutes in the second half when we moaned about people leaving on 76 minutes (Last night was a night for a few moans but nothing OTT)... If you look at the atmosphere of the Readings, Birmingham's etc our support is bloody terrific in comparison, either that or I need to get my ears tested. When 'Go Left' got belted out in the North west yesterday there were sections of the North East stood there watching and taking videos instead of joining in... I agree it needs to be an entire stand in unity to create a great atmosphere! But when was the last time the WEST stand sang??!! 8k capacity isn't it? It sounds like the wing of sunday league team!!

To summarise, PUT THE JUDGE AT THE CENTRE OF THE NORTH!

The northstand is very quiet apart from that corner last season i was sat next to the away end and you could barely hear the northstand.thats the problem with new all seater stadiums i think the go right or left is pants and far to long and complicated for people yo be bothered to sing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
i think the go right or left is pants and far to long and complicated for people yo be bothered to sing.

long and complicated, bet you also struggle with "Give us a B" as well :facepalm: are you one of the new "Let's Go Brighton Let's Go" crowd.

Seems plenty of people won't be happy until its dead quiet all game.

All this pathetic don't like that song; that songs just too rude; ooooooooooo that man swore Mr Steward; that song was sung in the 80's so cannot possibly be sung in 2013; I don't know the words to SBTS so I have to sing it soooooooo fast nobody will realise; we must not sing "We the North Stand" as it might wake the West and East up; is starting to ruin the Amex experience. Miserable buggers the lot of you.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
The northstand is very quiet apart from that corner last season i was sat next to the away end and you could barely hear the northstand.thats the problem with new all seater stadiums i think the go right or left is pants and far to long and complicated for people yo be bothered to sing.

Too complicated?! The words are sang out usually by the Judge before the crowd repeats! Its not as though you're reciting the American constitution pal...

I too was in S1G last season, and being in that 'corner' has been fantastic (Other than the 'Tony Blooms army' chant)... We do try and copy the songs of the North (east side) but as soon as they finish we just begin.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It might seem quiet at The Amex on occasions but at least we don't resort to having a drum, brass band or goal music. God forbid that we ever adopt them. Too many other grounds depend on artificial noise from a drum etc to try to generate some sort of atmosphere (and often fail).

The really impressive thing about The Amex is the noise is generated purely by the crowd. Talking to away fans makes you appreciate just how impressed they are especially when the West and East join the North. The place rocks when everyone joins in, especially when there are 25 to 30k inside. It must lift the players too. Pity it doesn't happen a bit more often.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here