Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The League Table Today

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
So totally no substance to what you have achieved then, come on we really are all waiting to hear this gem of information

No substance at all, im just a dreamer. I have achieved nothing really and just like to pretend I have. To be honest I sign on the dole and this forum is my only contact with fellow humans :down:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No substance at all, im just a dreamer. I have achieved nothing really and just like to pretend I have. To be honest I sign on the dole and this forum is my only contact with fellow humans :down:

Who are you then, Walter Mitty ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Once again you lot seem very convinced of your play-off spot. There are plenty more twists and turns to come, not to mention you have five games in fifteen days to get through. You will pretty much know after those fifteen days where your future lies.

Huddersfield currently beating Burnley 1-0

Ditto your 4 games in that period, tough to call who's going to be ahead after that lot

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Ditto your 4 games in that period, tough to call who's going to be ahead after that lot

I agree, nobody really knows and as I have often said, when you support Palace you become used to not getting your hopes up, well not me anyway.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well after tonight's results...table is such..we have to play the 4th and 5th side at home......7,8,9 and 10th away which is interesting

Concerned by Bolton, looking at their fixtures there's a case to make for them picking up a bundle over their next 8

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
we are making the man with a rudimentary grasp of standing upright who's just pounding at the keyboard with clenched fists

No your right im sorry, the above was hilarious.
Yeah you're right, as it clearly wasn't funny so it must have been a serious comment. :facepalm:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Im far from knocking your chances, but your board has gone from everyone thinking you are going to finish seventh to people virtually booking there Wembley tickets. Not only that some of you have even decided we will drop out of the play-offs or you will beat us at Wembley. SHould we not all be concentrating on the next game first, then the 17th and then see how we all get on from there? Just to add I do not really get involved with any threads knocking you on here, in fact I have even said you will click one day, im not sure that day has come yet though.

I'm not referring to YOU knocking us. I was inviting you to join in when the multitude of pessimistic posts appear from our own fans when we don't play so well. Perhaps it wouldn't reward your trolling tendencies to join in a thread and say 'well yes, I agree.' You prefer to try to steal a few people's enjoyment in the fact that our prospects have improved. There are hundreds of active posters on NSC, yet you are branding us together in presuming we will reach the play-offs and go to Wembley. There are probably only a few who have said anything of the sort, and indeed why shouldn't they be allowed to dream? As said before, this is a BRIGHTON forum.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm not referring to YOU knocking us. I was inviting you to join in when the multitude of pessimistic posts appear from our own fans when we don't play so well. Perhaps it wouldn't reward your trolling tendencies to join in a thread and say 'well yes, I agree.' You prefer to try to steal a few people's enjoyment in the fact that our prospects have improved. There are hundreds of active posters on NSC, yet you are branding us together in presuming we will reach the play-offs and go to Wembley. There are probably only a few who have said anything of the sort, and indeed why shouldn't they be allowed to dream? As said before, this is a BRIGHTON forum.

He lives in Croydon he has no concept of optimism, just varying degrees of depression.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Concerned by Bolton, looking at their fixtures there's a case to make for them picking up a bundle over their next 8

Me too actually, but we do have that game in hand - we need to beat Barnsley, and then it really is unlikely Bolton will catch us - even if we lose at their place - with the games running out.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Can you tell me where I troll, do you actually know what that means or is it something you spurt out when you do not know what else to say.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Another interesting thread ruined by a squabble with a Nigel.

Nigels - follow the rules. Stick to threads about palace.

NSC - resist the urge to get drawn in please.

This could be pointless as it seems you cannot read but, the opening post mentioned Crystal Palace. Meeting us in the play-offs blah blah blah.
I do not live in Croydon, never have and I doubt I ever will, never suffered depression either. But you stick to your old cliches if it makes you feel better about your own life.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This could be pointless as it seems you cannot read but, the opening post mentioned Crystal Palace. Meeting us in the play-offs blah blah blah.
I do not live in Croydon, never have and I doubt I ever will, never suffered depression either. But you stick to your old cliches if it makes you feel better about your own life.

QED - now f*** off

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Me too actually, but we do have that game in hand - we need to beat Barnsley, and then it really is unlikely Bolton will catch us - even if we lose at their place - with the games running out.

I agree but if you look at there last 12 purely on a game by game basis you can see them winning 10 of them .... scary!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I'm not worried about Bolton tbh, if you look further than the next eight the picture isn't so rosy. Here's their remaining fixtures with a estimate on what they'll get from each game.

Peterborough - WIN
Barnsley - WIN
Blackburn - DRAW
Brighton - LOSE
Charlton - DRAW
Hudds - WIN
Wolves - WIN
Bristol - WIN
Leicester- LOSE
Middlesborough - LOSE
Cardiff - LOSE
Blackpool – WIN

A winnable section in the middle there but games against Leicester, Middlesborough and Cardiff will be incredibly hard. A few too many teams fighting for their lives/for promotion. I think they'd do better if they had a fixture list full of middling teams.

12 games left, 20 points. That'd put them on 62 points. To put that in perspective, here's the 6th place stats for the last ten years:
70 pts= Twice
73 pts= Twice
74 pts= Once
75 pts= Four times.
If Bolton won EVERY one of their remaining fixtures they'd be on 78 points – only 3 points away above the threshold that I think we'll see this season!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not worried about Bolton tbh, if you look further than the next eight the picture isn't so rosy. Here's their remaining fixtures with a estimate on what they'll get from each game.

Peterborough - WIN
Barnsley - WIN
Blackburn - DRAW
Brighton - LOSE
Charlton - DRAW
Hudds - WIN
Wolves - WIN
Bristol - WIN
Leicester- LOSE
Middlesborough - LOSE
Cardiff - LOSE
Blackpool – WIN

A winnable section in the middle there but games against Leicester, Middlesborough and Cardiff will be incredibly hard. A few too many teams fighting for their lives/for promotion. I think they'd do better if they had a fixture list full of middling teams.

12 games left, 20 points. That'd put them on 62 points. To put that in perspective, here's the 6th place stats for the last ten years:
70 pts= Twice
73 pts= Twice
74 pts= Once
75 pts= Four times.
If Bolton won EVERY one of their remaining fixtures they'd be on 78 points – only 3 points away above the threshold that I think we'll see this season!

Just being a bit twitchy maybe!

BTW they played Posh last night and you've got Ipswich missing from your list so if they win all they'd make 81 ... 10 very winnable there though which is 75

Think I'll take a look after that Blackburn game, if they win that too then I'm not sure I'd be too confident about us getting much out of them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Yes theyve started to turn there draws into wins...they seem a fairly solid side...a draw up there would be a gd result..we've talked about forest ..there next couple of home look ok on paper..but a couple of tough away ones...but they are a team capable of scoring goals...and of course we have to play them as well

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Just being a bit twitchy maybe!

BTW they played Posh last night and you've got Ipswich missing from your list so if they win all they'd make 81 ... 10 very winnable there though which is 75

Think I'll take a look after that Blackburn game, if they win that too then I'm not sure I'd be too confident about us getting much out of them.

School boy mistake on my part! Yeah you'd think they'd take three points from Ipswich!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can you tell me where I troll, do you actually know what that means or is it something you spurt out when you do not know what else to say.

Perhaps I should have said gentle trolling. You are, for the most part, polite and that is in your favor. However it would be a pleasant experience to read some Albion fans discussing positive things without palace fans having to add to the thread. I just don't see the point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here