Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The League Table Today

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
It would not be entirely surprising if the current top six were those teams in those places at the end of the season?

Would be a brilliant end to the season to beat Palace at Wembley in a play-off final, particularly if that included an own goal from Mr Murray!

What is new for the Albion since Christmas is an improvement in Gus's tactics and an option for a plan B if it isn't working. Also, something which we haven't seen for a couple of years, an ability for us to win without playing well.

The Albion Stars are in the ascendency.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
It would not be entirely surprising if the current top six were those teams in those places at the end of the season?

Would be a brilliant end to the season to beat Palace at Wembley in a play-off final, particularly if that included an own goal from Mr Murray!

What is new for the Albion since Christmas is an improvement in Gus's tactics and an option for a plan B if it isn't working. Also, something which we haven't seen for a couple of years, an ability for us to win without playing well.

The Albion Stars are in the ascendency.

This is potentially the greatest day in Albion history, or the worst. Not sure my nerves could handle the scenario!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5537400 said:
This is potentially the greatest day in Albion history, or the worst. Not sure my nerves could handle the scenario!

I don't think it will happen. I have a feeling we will finish higher than 6th and Palace will not make the final having themselves finished 6th.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I wouldn't want Palace in the playoff final. NO WAY.

If they aren't there then that means they can't go up (they won't get top two now).

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
dont want palace v brighton final, can you imagine the carnage in London with potentially 50000 fans all on the same train line. They will have to call in the Army!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't want Palace in the playoff final. NO WAY.

If they aren't there then that means they can't go up (they won't get top two now).

I'm sure most of us have discussed this with our own mates, but here is my conclusion of Palace at Wembley:

If we meet them in the final having finished about 12 points and 3 places behind them then I say bring it on. If we lost, it wouldn't hurt much more than 1990 and you'd have to say justice was done. But imagine if we WON. It would be magnificent. 12 points behind, possibly had the double done over us, and we win with a jammy offside goal after Murray missed a pen? And in this ideal scenario, we only sneaked into sixth by a point in the first place, so a big CHEERS to Palace forward, Dobbie for his last minute winner against Posh. :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Derby v Palace on Friday evening which could be a defining game for THE SCUM if they don't win.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5537400 said:

if you were at hereford, then nothing would come remotely close to the feelings we all had that day.

having said that, if we the scum in the play off final 'the arse clutch' would be well and truely RIDDEN that day.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would love a Blackburn win tonight, and Derby and Wolves wins on Friday.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would seriously have to think twice about going to a play of final if it was us V Palace, could be way more trouble than its worth.

It is still however extremely unlikely to happen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would love a Blackburn win tonight, and Derby and Wolves wins on Friday.

I think Wolves will be badly stung by Watford. A win for Leicester puts additional pressure on the club above them.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
For me, I would hate a play-off final against Palace... My nerves barely withstood Bristol City, so a playoff final which means one of us in the Premier League when it is the biggest pot of cash since the Prem began, and the other watching from below is almost too much to take... Almost...

For me the ideal is Palace are long out of it by then so only need to focus on ourselves. But let's get there first, yeah?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Middlesbourgh and Forrest still in with a shout but other than that.

Just hope one of them can overtake the SCUM and we won't have that to worry about. Still think we'll finish above them this season

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Would be a brilliant end to the season to beat Palace at Wembley in a play-off final...

Can you imagine the MESS on NSC?

I would seriously hate to play Palace in a play-off final... it would be agony for days before and, in the event of the worst, for at least a year after.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can you imagine the MESS on NSC?

I would seriously hate to play Palace in a play-off final... it would be agony for days before and, in the event of the worst, for at least a year after.

At least a year? We'd have a lifetime of gloating if we won and a lifetime of being gloated at if we lost. I wouldn't want the risk, you can count me out!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I would love to play them in the Play Off Final.. What an atmosphere it would be at Wembley and even sweeter beating the scum!!!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Brighton v Palace in a playoff final no thank you, I wouldnt be able to watch the game, of course I would go,but even the thought of losing makes me feel sick.

I just hope Palace dont get anywhere near the playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here