Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Joe Marler is a Seagull" thread

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
That is an urban myth. There was a strong temperance movement in the town. But there was also a pub in the middle of the town - The Heathfield Hotel (where sainsburys is now). This was demolished in the early 80's and never replaced.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pretty sure it's ESSO currently ( ICBW )
Might explain a few getting lost 😝
Changed recently to Shell… but yes lack of pubs or good pubs - hence I’ve moved your way 👍

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That is an urban myth. There was a strong temperance movement in the town. But there was also a pub in the middle of the town - The Heathfield Hotel (where sainsburys is now). This was demolished in the early 80's and never replaced.
Wasn’t in the high street though. I’d been told the high street drinking thing too. But could be a myth… I’m sure you’ll know best 😜

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
As you are are a Heathfield resident, I bow to your superior knowledge.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thought it was common knowledge that he was a fan.
His photo was also up on the wall in the ‘all-too-short-lived’ Sports Bar at the Amex.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Looking good on South Today

Screenshot_20240119-185604~2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here