Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Joe Marler is a Seagull" thread

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
What's ironic is that his eldest son is a Man Utd fan!!!

And I know because he does Albion Soccer Camps in the holidays at Uckfield Leisure Centre astroturf (like my son does) and Marler comes to watch and pick up......and his kid wears a united top sometimes :(

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Eddie Jones first met Marcus Smith when went to watch him play at Brighton College whilst Eddie was in Sussex for Japan re their win at the Amex, buried in one of his books somewhere

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Rory (R&B) started supporting us when he used to look after children with learning difficulties and one was a big Albion fan. Still gets on our coach now too. Not huge fan but a fan 👍 Joe Marler never that into football I know of but def a BHA fan by geography and morals.

Jane Torvil also lives down the road - or did. Roger Daultry. Nigella Lawsons brother Dominic. Frank Bruno did a stint near too….
Can I recommend the Joe Marler and Jane Torville episodes of the Chatabix podcast (Joe Wilkinson and David Earl). Dave's mum lives in Heathfield so a huge chuck of these pods is them waffling on about the local area. There's also a good one where Joe visits Heathfield. Jane still lives there, sounds like they are both technically Cross in Hand?

The Richard Osman episode is also good for Sussex anecdotes

You do need to be a fan of rambling men though! Anyway, Marler seems a bit of a loon but a good bloke

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can I recommend the Joe Marler and Jane Torville episodes of the Chatabix podcast (Joe Wilkinson and David Earl). Dave's mum lives in Heathfield so a huge chuck of these pods is them waffling on about the local area. There's also a good one where Joe visits Heathfield. Jane still lives there, sounds like they are both technically Cross in Hand?

The Richard Osman episode is also good for Sussex anecdotes

You do need to be a fan of rambling men though! Anyway, Marler seems a bit of a loon but a good bloke
Yes it’s the road from Heathfield to Waldron I think if still the same place so technically cross in hand I’d assume. Seems very weird discussing the is on NSC! Loved Gossipmongers and love Wilkinson - had no idea Earls mum lived in the town too - it has very little going for it as a town tbf but is perfectly pleasant and normal ish. I have lots of little anecdotes but none I want to share on here 😁

Last edited:

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
Is Marcus Smith one of the toffs that moved over to the North Stand from 1901 with his mates but won’t join in with the songs?

Someone was complaining about it on another thread and it sounds like he fits the bill.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes it’s the road from Heathfield to Waldron I think if still the same place so technically cross in hand I’d assume.

Heathfield and Waldron rugby club play at Cross in Hand. It's a field in the middle of nowhere and are used to teams getting lost going there

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Heathfield and Waldron rugby club play at Cross in Hand. It's a field in the middle of nowhere and are used to teams getting lost going there
Yes mate I’m from there and spent most weekends of my teenage life at party’s there 🤪🍺 I was on about Torvils house Etc

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not in the middle of nowhere, the A265 runs past it!
Ha, you'd be amazed at the number of our players who couldn't find the ground. We once had about half a dozen players there at scheduled KO time. I couldn't give directions to anyone as there's no mobile signal out there. The perils of rugby in Sussex

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Yes it’s the road from Heathfield to Waldron I think if still the same place so technically cross in hand I’d assume. Seems very weird discussing the is on NSC! Loved Gossipmongers and love Wilkinson - had no idea Earls mum lived in the town too - it has very little going for it as a town tbf but is perfectly pleasant and normal ish. I have lots of little anecdotes but none I want to share on here 😁
Distinct lack of pub s 🤔

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here