Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Joe Marler is a Seagull" thread

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Um, Chessum brothers?

From Cuckfield and went to Warden Park (where their father was Head of PE - https://wardenparkac.schooljotter2.com/pages/news/45162) before being snaffled by Brighton College.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Radio Sussex Sport always refer to him as coming from Worthing. Zero basic research. He played briefly on loan to Worthing when he joins Quins. They are a step up from the Argus but only a short step.

Yoda

English & European
I didn't actually know he was an Albion fan. I've followed his career since he started at Quins, being a huge Quins fans myself.

Marcus Smith, also of Quins and England, is an Albion fan too. Harlequins are the nearest club to Brighton for anyone getting into rugby and have a strong Sussex connection. Smith is from Brighton, Joe is from Haywards Heath. The Chisholm brothers also come from Mid-Sussex.
Joe's former team, Worthing, are the closest for National League Rugby (Div 2 South).

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
That’s the most aggressive I’ve ever heard someone chant Seagulls. You’d definitely join in if he was next to you in the crowd.

Apparently Marcus Smith is another Brighton fan in the England squad, a West Upper regular by all accounts.
The Smith brothers had season tickets in East Upper a couple of seats away from me until I moved elsewhere so I am not sure if they still have them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder how long they’ve supported us
Rory (R&B) started supporting us when he used to look after children with learning difficulties and one was a big Albion fan. Still gets on our coach now too. Not huge fan but a fan 👍 Joe Marler never that into football I know of but def a BHA fan by geography and morals.

Jane Torvil also lives down the road - or did. Roger Daultry. Nigella Lawsons brother Dominic. Frank Bruno did a stint near too….

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last edited:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
That’s the most aggressive I’ve ever heard someone chant Seagulls. You’d definitely join in if he was next to you in the crowd.

Apparently Marcus Smith is another Brighton fan in the England squad, a West Upper regular by all accounts.
now need to work out how to make that my notifications noise on my Onsong phine

I didn't actually know he was an Albion fan. I've followed his career since he started at Quins, being a huge Quins fans myself.

Marcus Smith, also of Quins and England, is an Albion fan too. Harlequins are the nearest club to Brighton for anyone getting into rugby and have a strong Sussex connection. Smith is from Brighton, Joe is from Haywards Heath. The Chisholm brothers also come from Mid-Sussex.
Aaahh if you know the Chisholm family, then I may know you if it is via sports/schooling Lol I used to play at Heath and that is where Marler started out, my old man coached Chis for 15 years. Brilliant to see BHA getting mentioned all over the gaff. It is because we are f***ing brilliant.

Stumpy Tim

Marcus Smith was at Tottenham away last season. Lucky the ref couldn't be reached

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Joe and Marcus to cheer on means i will have to tune in now :)

I have seen Marcus in East Upper a few times

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just as well we’re not talking about Welsh rugby, or it would be Jones, Jones, Jones, more Jones, the other Jones, the one up the road Jones etc. :lolol:
Bit behind the times; there's not a single Jones in the Welsh World Cup squad (no Evans either)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here