Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Historical Sex Allegations Thread

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The globalist mainstream media that's been captured by the far-left reverse vampires.

Obviously.
well exactly. if it was a plot, there must be more convenient and more certain ways of bringing down brand. also, why bother with specifically him? it all seems quite improbable to me

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
One of the Guardian's , Hero's of the year " , 2014 no less .

" The volatile comedian-turned-activist’s ability to be openly and honestly flawed sets him apart from the grand old men of the left
No one is better at attacking Russell Brand than Russell Brand. He takes the lavish criticisms aimed at him and, like Cyrano de Bergerac, shows his opponents how to do it properly.
He is volatile, vulnerable, troubled, mercurial, but unlike most people in public life, he makes no attempt to hide it. His emotional honesty helps to explain his appeal, and his ability to inspire people who had switched off from politics.

Yes, his politics are rough and inchoate, but he doesn’t claim to have all the answers. Sometimes he can be incoherent. But even that is a refreshing change from the stifling coherence of some of the grand old men of the left, for whom everything must conform to a rigid scheme of loyalties and enmities, and who appear unable to admit mistakes. This obnoxious and dishonest rigidity, often enforced by a cult-like following, is, I believe, one of the reasons why the left often struggles to build support.
Brand’s openness about his flaws makes him a good leader, and allows those who admire him to be good followers. He’s the best thing that has happened to the left in years. "
The direction he's veered towards the last few years I wouldn't be surprised if you've got his Youtube channel bookmarked!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The #metoo movement has hyper-sped society to an environment where men have to be so extremely cautious when it comes to sexual encounters with women. There's little doubt it is for the best in regards to protecting women - but at the same time it has created a complicated legal problem where it's one persons word against another, most of the time.

It wouldn't take a lot for a woman to say after the event "actually, the sex we had wasn't consensual for these reasons" and for a man to end up in serious trouble.

Not saying Russell Brand is in any way innocent, if the allegations are true and not exaggerated then he certainly isn't - but since the 2000s, or even 2010s, there are undoubtedly there are new boundaries defining what is considered consensual sex.

It's so complicated, and I have no idea what the solution is. If I were in my early 20s again and looking to shag lots of women, I'd think it would be sensible to have them record a voice message confirming they are happy to proceed, just in case one decided to claim that they weren't after the event.

Either way, whether Brand is guilty or not - or whether his actions are deemed unacceptable now, but were tolerated at the time - or even if the allegations are untrue - suffice to say, his career and reputation are completely ruined and he will not come back from this.
Kind of kills the mood though. In real life a lad that age is thinking of nothing other than sealing the deal .... and I guess, thinking back, there wasn't always a vast amount of conversation leading up to the event itself.

I suppose I'm saying I take your point about there are increased risks to men, but the overriding focus of law and society in this should be reducing the amount of sexual abuse which takes place.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The #metoo movement has hyper-sped society to an environment where men have to be so extremely cautious when it comes to sexual encounters with women. There's little doubt it is for the best in regards to protecting women - but at the same time it has created a complicated legal problem where it's one persons word against another, most of the time.

It wouldn't take a lot for a woman to say after the event "actually, the sex we had wasn't consensual for these reasons" and for a man to end up in serious trouble.

Not saying Russell Brand is in any way innocent, if the allegations are true and not exaggerated then he certainly isn't - but since the 2000s, or even 2010s, there are undoubtedly there are new boundaries defining what is considered consensual sex.

It's so complicated, and I have no idea what the solution is. If I were in my early 20s again and looking to shag lots of women, I'd think it would be sensible to have them record a voice message confirming they are happy to proceed, just in case one decided to claim that they weren't after the event.

Either way, whether Brand is guilty or not - or whether his actions are deemed unacceptable now, but were tolerated at the time - or even if the allegations are untrue - suffice to say, his career and reputation are completely ruined and he will not come back from this.

There aren't new boundaries over what is considered consensual sex. If someone says no at any point, it's non-consesual. This is the case today and was the same 20 years ago. Even if they'd earlier said yes in a pre-recorded message.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Actually, fair play to Pierce here. He could easily have kept quiet. Very strong words, not about Brand but about her.
I found his reaction interesting, particularly as he is a gay man. I don't often agree with him but he was spot. on.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
well exactly. if it was a plot, there must be more convenient and more certain ways of bringing down brand. also, why bother with specifically him? it all seems quite improbable to me
If the MSM did want to bring him down it perhaps have been easier to not cast him in two of last year's biggest films: Minions and the shit Poirot

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I am not saying Brand is innocent just that......... 99.999% of us will have never done anything like he is accused of but 100% can be accused of this by anyone whether true or not .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The globalist mainstream media that's been captured by the far-left reverse vampires.

Obviously.
And the tofu-munching, rainbow flag-wearing, car driver-bothering WOKERATI.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
GBeebies imploding

I kinda alluded to this before, but what has his take on covid got to do with the alleged sexual assault offences against him? Especially seeing that they were all (I think) alleged to have taken place before anyone had even heard the word Covid.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I am not saying Brand is innocent just that......... 99.999% of us will have never done anything like he is accused of but 100% can be accused of this by anyone whether true or not .
Thing is, its not just four random accusations, its four accusations backed up by sufficient evidence that two media companies are confident enough to publish them in/on national media, based on several years of investigations.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thing is, its not just four random accusations, its four accusations backed up by sufficient evidence that two media companies are confident enough to publish them in/on national media, based on several years of investigations.
Indeed. Brand is not just some ordinary member of the public, he is both very rich and very powerful. He will have the best lawyers.

If you are to make this allegations public (and effectively trash his reputation), you need to be 100% sure of their accuracy, not even 99% certain. If The Times/Dispatches have got this wrong, it will cost them millions and millions and may risk their existence, certainly a number of journalists, editors and in-house lawyers will be out of a job if this stuff is made up.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Don't forget the Negroni-swilling establishment. Their Campari-stained fingerprints are all over this.
Negronis are up there in the cocktail stakes. And tofu is a weekly occurrence round these parts. But do they have to be imbibed together? The very thought of it upsets me so much that I'm turning into a snowflake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There aren't new boundaries over what is considered consensual sex. If someone says no at any point, it's non-consesual. This is the case today and was the same 20 years ago. Even if they'd earlier said yes in a pre-recorded message.
Precisely.

Not a lot of people (aged over 40) know that.

However I would imagine it is on the school curriculum now. Unless the right wingers have vetoed mention of sex in schools.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. Brand is not just some ordinary member of the public, he is both very rich and very powerful. He will have the best lawyers.

If you are to make this allegations public (and effectively trash his reputation), you need to be 100% sure of their accuracy, not even 99% certain. If The Times/Dispatches have got this wrong, it will cost them millions and millions and may risk their existence, certainly a number of journalists, editors and in-house lawyers will be out of a job if this stuff is made up.
It is a sad fact that the vast majority of rape cases never get to court due to attrition and fear of attrition. A strong case will have forensic evidence (swabs etc.) that includes medical evidence of injury (not just sex), a very clear and plausible narrative, and if possible witnesses. Even then the victim needs to feel that there is a fair chance of a result and that the process will not include intrusive cross-examination in order to submit to the legal ordeal. This all requires immediate reporting plus a medical examination.

Without any of this it boils down to one person's word against another's. In this case even if four or more women step up to tell a similar tale that can reasonably shown to not be the product of a team effort, if Brand can stand up 10, 20, 100 women who are willing to say that they were asked to indulge in all manner of extreme tomfoolery, and some of them are willing to say that when they declined Brand was equanimical, the charges won't stick.

However a media outlet does not need to prove anything or risk that a jury will throw out the charges. All they risk is litigation. Meanwhile the interest generated will make them much money.

The only resolution now is a court case. But who will bring it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One word against another cuts both ways and, even though it may be hard to prove the charges, the newspapers don't need to do so since it would not be they that are prosecuting. If Brand takes the newspapers to court then I am not sure whether the laws require that the newspapers prove their allegations or instead require Brand to show they are false. Perhaps a legal person on here can advise? And note that the case is more likely to be prosecuted in America rather than here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I kinda alluded to this before, but what has his take on covid got to do with the alleged sexual assault offences against him? Especially seeing that they were all (I think) alleged to have taken place before anyone had even heard the word Covid.
The bat in blue tweeted Brand is a 'hero' for his covid-denial, and started bleating about this when Pierce had a go at her. That's the only relevance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here