Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Historical Sex Allegations Thread

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’m afraid I don’t, as I haven’t owned a VHS player since 19-dickity-six. We called it a “tape recorder” in those days, as was the style at the time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can anyone sort out the heads on my vhs ?

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
My mrs mate had a one night stand with me Brand and the only thing she said was he was huge in the downstairs department that’s the end of the story

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I had everything set up, the huge boxy telly, the VHS video recorder, a new TDK videotape (fancy I know) and they’ve only gone and shut down terrestrial transmission.

Bastards.

Somethingdean

May 18, 2019
My wife's brother's cousin's granddad's son allegedly spoke with someone's friend who's uncle's daughter had sex with Russell Brand. He was alright, but nothing special according to her.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I hate the trial by media circus that seems to have become the way now. By the same token the twitter comments from his supporters are just strange, so much what about ism

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I hate the trial by media circus that seems to have become the way now. By the same token the twitter comments from his supporters are just strange, so much what about ism

Dispatches and the Times wouldn't be dare going to press if they felt they didn't have something.

The problem is people don't complain through fear of losing their job or being edged out.

It's an environment I've worked in almost my entire career, usually regarding much lesser behaviour but the point still stands.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I would suggest this;

If I were a (then) 16 year old girl of low income and this happened to me, I would not have any means of recourse to make my allegation in a civil setting. At the first sniff of an allegation, I would be slapped with an injunction I had no means to contest, and threatened with libel charges.

These stories of the (ugh, and I hate to use this term) #metoo variety only gain veracity because of the strength in numbers.

The evidence in such “cases” (whether they are deemed trial by media, or indeed actual court proceedings) are often absolutely dependent on displaying circumstantial patterns of behaviour from an accused.

The benchmark for this kind of exposé is this:

IF the accused sued for defamation/libel, COULD WE argue the evidence is in our favour - and remember, unlike a criminal trial, it doesn’t need to be beyond a reasonable doubt. It has to be on the balance on probabilities whether it’s true.

If one person alleges a behaviour, without direct evidence it’s extremely hard to prove. Literally he said/she said.

If FOUR or more people with no connection to one another, who have never spoken to or heard of each other, have similar stories of similar behaviour by the same person… the argument is there is no smoke without fire.

Additionally, very commonly once someone has been openly accused, it empowers others to come forward, on the basis they feel more likely to be believed given what has been described is similar to what happened to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here