The Groovy Gang

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
From somebody who hasn't even posted on this thread:

Can't think of any other comeback? - say 'Groovy Gang'. Your mate is being criticised because he's a dullard dick? - say 'Groovy Gang'. You don't like someone? - say 'Groovy Gang'. Someone shows signs of being a liberal? - say 'Groovy Gang'.
Pathetic. I wish you powers-that-be would just ban this self-important, tight-arsed, unintelligent nob. Despite having posted twice as much as most of other top 20 most prolific posters on here, he adds nothing and wouldn't be missed by more than three people.

One other thing - this expression was come up with by [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION], who was referring specifically to liberal types who were not only liberal but dismissed his own views as racist because he doesn't conform to multi-culturalism ideology. Beach Hut has hijacked it and now uses it as a stick to beat anyone who can beat him easily in an argument.

Speak that much sense and you'll be in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I like the 70s vibe of this "Groovy Gang" - reminds me a bit of the Double Deckers. I'm going to get me an application form...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Beach Hut has hijacked it and now uses it as a stick to beat anyone who can beat him easily in an argument.

Hence the 17,000 members.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I had no idea what you were talking about then. And it is no clearer now.

Very good....the old 'deny everything' angle....Lol..... You must be at the top of the membership with such fervent denials.....I will assume that my membership application was 'lost in the post'.....oh damn!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I join do my immediate family get free memberships?

Free family memberships? I think you're confusing this with the 'for life' first class train passes which the Beach Hut clan get. The ones which make a priviledged person like him bleat about paying a small annual supplement on their AMEX seasons for the clubs all-round transport policy :lol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But my grooves are long and spiralled, man. Spirals are the epitome of groovy!

Are you this groovy?

TRIPPIN.jpg

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I am no expert but wasn't the Groovy Gang an Only Fools and Horses thing ?

Del won a holiday, but Rodney was forced to spend a week in the kids club, called the "Groovy Gang", at least that was where I thought it came from.

Beach Hut can be a cantankerous wotsit, but I reckon he is alright and a genuine supporter, so no idea where that leaves my Groovy status

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
The first rule of Groovy Gang is: You do not talk about Groovy Gang. The second rule of Groovy Gang is: You do not talk about Groovy Gang......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports