Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Vicente when he can be arsed is the dogs bollocks we all know that but do we need a stroppy spanish bloke holding the club to ransome. Not for me.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hes still employed by us. How exactly is he holding us to ransom? If he speaks tomorrow about the forthcoming season with the albion are you going to still see him as a stroppy Spanish bloke or are you merely fishing?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the ONLY mistake was Gus saying he would not enforce the option (inexperience, not for the first time, and not a big issue)
To be honest we don't know that. When did Gus say it, and did him saying it make Vicente feel better about playing here which helped him and us last season? What will be the fall out from all this, will Gus be telling Vicente he won't be made to stay, but given the investment it's only fair if another club contributes if they're going to get the benefit? We don't know anything really, so it's not possible to judge if Gus has done something silly.

Gus DID say it publicly (a mistake), and the club have now been forced to contradict his earlier (silly) statement by exercising the option... sorry, them's the facts... live with it...
Why are you shouting? I didn't say that Gus didn't say it, I asked when did he say it, and what was the effect of him saying it, and I questioned whether it was a mistake. You're saying it's a fact that it was a mistake and that it was silly, which is simply not true, it is just your opinion based on not knowing a lot. For example, exactly what did Gus say to Vicente to encourage him to sign the contract in the first place? Would Vicente have signed it without Gus saying he wouldn't be held to the second year? And (as I've asked before) when did Gus say it publicly, what was the effect of the statement at the time, and what had Gus previously said in private?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why are you shouting? I didn't say that Gus didn't say it, I asked when did he say it, and what was the effect of him saying it, and I questioned whether it was a mistake. You're saying it's a fact that it was a mistake and that it was silly, which is simply not true, it is just your opinion based on not knowing a lot. For example, exactly what did Gus say to Vicente to encourage him to sign the contract in the first place? Would Vicente have signed it without Gus saying he wouldn't be held to the second year? And (as I've asked before) when did Gus say it publicly, what was the effect of the statement at the time, and what had Gus previously said in private?

For what it's worth, a very respectable bloke / poster on here told me a while ago the club would be enforcing the 2nd yr regardless. I guess we were hoping a new deal would be agreed before we had to. I feel it was only said that we wouldnt to try persuade Vicente to sign and bot feel pressured. My opinion, of course.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There's some slapper on twitter claiming he's signed for Hercules now !!!

@CarmeGimeno: Que alegría me da escuchar que Vicente Rodríguez ficha por el Hércules.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
large
el exjugador del vcf ha dado el si pero antes debe desvincularse del brighton con quein le resta un ano

into english it translate as

the former player has given vcf yes but you must disengage from brighton with who takes away one year

Twitter / VicenRdrigzfans: Me compre el superdeporte

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
All we know at the moment is that Vicente is contracted to us until June 30th 20/13

This story just sums up vicente's time at the Albion.

Hope when we signed him
Disappointment when he is plagued by injury for several months
Hope when he returns to fitness
Disappointment when we hear other clubs want to sign him
Hope when the club announce his contract has been extended
Disapointment when we hear a new contract has not yet been agreed

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
The article (online) says. (google translation,please dont blame me)

19:20

EFE Vicente Rodriguez, formerly of Valencia, negotiating joining the staff of Elche for next season, sources close to the sports committee of the club Elche.

Fran Escribá coach Elche, is the main supporter of Vincent, with whom he agreed in Valencia and is 31 years old and currently plays for English Premier League Brighton.

However, his current club has extended the contract one year, so that the end Valencia, who frowns joining the Elche, will have to negotiate its way out to play for the club Elche, the report said.

The sports committee of Elche expected later this week or early next Vicente, which will soon begin the season with his club, answer to the offer that was submitted and, in principle, would be for two seasons.

In the event that no hiring fruition Vicente Rodriguez, the sports commission as a second deck of Elche option Ayoze the signing of Sporting Gijon, which has already negotiated with a few months ago.

Moreover, the youth players of Elche, in principle, make the preseason with the first team are Jose Carlos, Sergi, Yeray, Alberto and Ricardo Eloy, Elche Ilicitano addition to Caesar and Umarov, the youth Elche .

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
As we've seen many times before though this "elche interest" could well be a fake story baked up by the agent to help along negotiations.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Well on the face of it from what we know and is out there at the moment it looks like he wont be here and we are protecting out interest to prevent us from being mugged off.

However the club in recent times keeps it's business quiet so who knows we will probably find out next week if Vicente turns up for training.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One of the articles says that he "seems set to break his Brighton contract, citing personal reasons". This one:

El futbolista tiene un año más de contrato en el Brighton y parece dispuesto a romper el contrato alegando temas personales. Ha sido padre por segunda vez y desea estar más cerca de los suyos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here