Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Has Vicente ever cracked a smile ? He comes across as a moody, miserable fucker and I should know. It would be good if he signed but not if his heart is not in it.

0,,10433~9966070,00.gif

EDIT: Jinx!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Probably a good point.

To be honest we don't know that. When did Gus say it, and did him saying it make Vicente feel better about playing here which helped him and us last season? What will be the fall out from all this, will Gus be telling Vicente he won't be made to stay, but given the investment it's only fair if another club contributes if they're going to get the benefit? We don't know anything really, so it's not possible to judge if Gus has done something silly.

Gus DID say it publicly (a mistake), and the club have now been forced to contradict his earlier (silly) statement by exercising the option... sorry, them's the facts... live with it...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Has Vicente ever cracked a smile ? He comes across as a moody, miserable fucker and I should know. It would be good if he signed but not if his heart is not in it.

US - Given your comments on the aforementioned Vicente earlier this year, and how you questioned his integrity without knowing the full facts - you really haven't learnt have you...

Notice how you went really quiet when he was playing every week - but now there is a slight question mark over him again you come crawling out the wordwork - well done

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will there be any NSCers at the training ground next week on "Vicente Watch" ?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I don't understand what Gus and Tony are doing? Vicente is unbelievable and everyone would LOVE to see him in the stripes next season but if we've apparently got "mouth watering" players on our transfer list why not bump him off and go for the other players? If he wanted to be here he would of signed by now, of course. I think Gus should use his brain a little and try and go for the other targets.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

He seemed cheerful enough at the weekend when the Three Amigos went to a little place called Elche. Very pleasant time was had.

Attachments

• ThreeAmigosElche.JPG
    ThreeAmigosElche.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 220

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't understand what Gus and Tony are doing? Vicente is unbelievable and everyone would LOVE to see him in the stripes next season but if we've apparently got "mouth watering" players on our transfer list why not bump him off and go for the other players? If he wanted to be here he would of signed by now, of course. I think Gus should use his brain a little and try and go for the other targets.

Careful Marc we definately don't know that. Remember theirs his Mrs and Kids involved in this too. One thing I am a bit suprised about is us failing to agree terms as he really wasn't money orientated when he signed as could've got loads more at Leicester? But doubt Leicester would've nursed him and looked after him like we did that's for sure.

PS - I remember saying 1 yr wasn't long enough when he signed and loads of people saying it was 'perfect' etc - haha.

PPS - Anyone think this new deal we were / are trying to agree is for MORE than 1 yr - hence the delay etc? His mate's just signed ofr 2 yrs... Just a thought...

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I stand by my earlier comment that we will want a decent transfer fee for him & given that his fitness record over the last few years is not impressive I'm not sure that too many teams would want to take the risk.

Let's not forget that poyet has openly said that he will build a team around him if he stays so he knows that if he stays he is going to be the first name on the team sheet.Im not sure he will be offered that at a new club should he leave.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

we're making assumptions here without any idea if they are correct. From the clubs view they need an answer, the market moves quickly and they need to plan and get targets before window shuts, so they need an answer from Vicente either way asap.

That doesnt mean Vicente is neccessarily not choosing to join or us or preferring Villareal or Elche, its just as likely he's sitting at home on holiday, up to his neck in nappies, shit and a screaming baby and not bothered about the timeframes nad quite happy to relax and take his time pondering the options.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Careful Marc we definately don't know that. Remember theirs his Mrs and Kids involved in this too. One thing I am a bit suprised about is us failing to agree terms as he really wasn't money orientated when he signed as could've got loads more at Leicester? But doubt Leicester would've nursed him and looked after him like we did that's for sure.

PS - I remember saying 1 yr wasn't long enough when he signed and loads of people saying it was 'perfect' etc - haha.

PPS - Anyone think this new deal we were / are trying to agree is for MORE than 1 yr - hence the delay etc? His mate's just signed ofr 2 yrs... Just a thought...

I understand what you're saying mate. I'd hope we are trying to get him on a longer contract so then all this shit doesn't come back around at the end of next season :lolol:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
That's my worry. So we ended up with an unhappy player we can't get rid of not putting an effort into getting himself fit. Joy. What's more concerning from my point of view is that we've completely gone against our word that we'd let him go if he didn't want to be here.

Haven't seen a reply to this but -- we haven't completely gone against our word that we'd let him go if he didn't want to be here, just that now we get compensated instead of him walking for free

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
our chairman has a decent record as a card player
am sure he is quite capable of working out what order is best for club to play their hand in re player contract negotiations

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Haven't seen a reply to this but -- we haven't completely gone against our word that we'd let him go if he didn't want to be here, just that now we get compensated instead of him walking for free

True to a point, but clubs may well be against forking out a transfer fee for him given his injury record. He no longer has a free decision as to whether he wants to be here or not.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
US - Given your comments on the aforementioned Vicente earlier this year, and how you questioned his integrity without knowing the full facts - you really haven't learnt have you...

Notice how you went really quiet when he was playing every week - but now there is a slight question mark over him again you come crawling out the wordwork - well done

Not really. I admitted my errors many times when I saw how good he was something you have conveniently chosen to ignore. Happy Birthday by the way.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here