Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If Vicentes Mrs had their new kid on June 18th that means it would have been conceived in September, after he had signed for us....... was sit even planned? who knows?, but its life mate, his Mrs got pregant, they have a new born baby, his family is in Valencia............... things change.

Does your family come before your job?

Of course it does (no contest). That isn't really the point, life doesn't always fall in convenient ways. Supposing Tony Bloom decided that flying halfway round the world was a bit inconvenint and too far from his Wife and kids and decided to build his Stadium in Brighton........Melbourne.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As much as i would love him to stay, if the bloke wants to go home to be with the wife and kids then i think we should grant him his wish. His time with the Albion may have been brief but it will live the memory forever. For me the best player to ever play for the club. I wish him well in whatever he chooses
Likewise (although the without being privy to the discussions he's had with the club, I can't comment on what's the right thing for the club to do financially).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course it does (no contest). That isn't really the point, life doesn't always fall in convenient ways. Supposing Tony Bloom decided that flying halfway round the world was a bit inconvenint and too far from his Wife and kids and decided to build his Stadium in Brighton........Melbourne.
Yeah, why didn't anyone make this point before!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
When he went back to Spain to have his kid I thought that was the end of it anyway, why did they have to get my hopes up. :(

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Not really. I admitted my errors many times when I saw how good he was something you have conveniently chosen to ignore. Happy Birthday by the way.

Then I apologise myself as I hadn't seen those apologies - and thanks for the birthday wishes.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Argus says that his agent flew to the UK yesterday to have talks with the club today. Also mentions sources in Spain saying Vicente unhappy that we've exercised the clause and is keen to clarify various issues.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Argus says that his agent flew to the UK yesterday to have talks with the club today. Also mentions sources in Spain saying Vicente unhappy that we've exercised the clause and is keen to clarify various issues.

Really think this is it now he definitely won't be back. Hope they let him leave in peace.....

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I can understand people saying if Vicente wants to stay in Spain because of his family we should let him

However he did sign a contract, so you can't blame the club for protecting themselves

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
Pretty obvious Vicente doesn't want to come

Plenty in the Argus on this today .. If he don't want to wear the blue and white shirt :bigwave::bigwave:

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't mind if he stays in Spain. However it would be awful if he signed for another club in this country.
More importantly for us, lets hope Gus gets these other players he was talking about.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Argus sources in Spain, say the player is not happy with the clubs decision to activate the clause and is keen to clarify various issues.

Victor Onate,the director general of Vicentes management company flew to London yesterday to discuss his future.

That's the summary of what's in today's Argus.It doesn't look good now. Ok he is contractually an Albion player,but if mentally he doesn't want to be here,then we have to sell him-thing is how much for if he genuinely wants to stay in Spain.

D

Deleted member 22389

Argus sources in Spain, say the player is not happy with the clubs decision to activate the clause and is keen to clarify various issues.

Victor Onate,the director general of Vicentes management company flew to London yesterday to discuss his future.

That's the summary of what's in today's Argus.It doesn't look good now. Ok he is contractually an Albion player,but if mentally he doesn't want to be here,then we have to sell him-thing is how much for if he genuinely wants to stay in Spain.

No it does not look good. The club needs to forget about this now and concentrate on getting these players in. It was a pleasure to see Vicente play. Time to move on.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I can understand people saying if Vicente wants to stay in Spain because of his family we should let him

However he did sign a contract, so you can't blame the club for protecting themselves

This. Flog him for £750k and be done with it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Agree ... although we regarded it as something of a scoop at the time I don't think his phone was ringing off the hook last year. We took a bit of a punt and invested (it appears) time and money and there's an argument that we've contributed a lot to resurrecting, in some way, his career. So I think it's fine to get some return on that investment if that's what's going to happen. If he throws his toys out of the pram as a consequence then for me, it totally vindicates our action. Not as if we're holding him hostage and I still think there's a good possibility he's done the dirty on us by giving reassurances (Gus and 95%) whilst really planning on going elsewhere.

In saying all that I'm disappointed, his sort of talent is going to be difficult to replace

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's not happy the club invoked a clause he signed? If this is true I hope we find a solution to just get shot of him and go looking for players who are keen to play for us. Great player but anything less than 100% commitment from him and I'd rather we said Adios. He does seem to come with a lot of baggage.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Agreed. I don't mind him wanting to stay in Spain but if his agent whines about us exercising the option, I hope he gets a very unsympathetic response. Contracts cut both ways - it's not just about protecting the player and we've done his career a massive favour. There's still that glimmer of hope he'll stay. Hope people don't hold any of this against him if he does - it's just business. I'd imagine it'll be quickly forgotten if he wears the stripes again.

Lush

Mods' Pet
To be honest, he should be here for pre-season training. New baby or not. Everyone else is. What makes him so special? (OK don't answer that).

Why spend half last season getting him fit, for him not to show for pre-season?

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
I'd love for him to come back, however the stats don't lie, we actually got better results when he wasn't playing, so I don't think this is gonna hurt the team as much as people think. There's no doubt his Amex days were memorable, however on the road he never produced the same level

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Supposing Tony Bloom decided that flying halfway round the world was a bit inconvenint and too far from his Wife and kids and decided to build his Stadium in Brighton........Melbourne.

Lovely Beach; quiet residential area ....................... He'd never get planning permission :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here