Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Day Is Almost Upon Us - All Hail Andy Murray!

What a bizarre night on here with Murray and Henman both world class players getting stick from people more happy to indulge a petty prejudice rather than appreciate some great British talent. Henman was unfortunately against Sampras in his prime and Murray, whilst coming up against an imperious federer having denied him victory, I feel will be back with a genuine chance to win a major tournament. We should celebrate both players and not indulge in small minded bigotry. And we can do that whilst acknowledging a great performance from Roger Federer who deservedly won the title. Have a little class people, please.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a bizarre night on here with Murray and Henman both world class players getting stick from people more happy to indulge a petty prejudice rather than appreciate some great British talent. Henman was unfortunately against Sampras in his prime and Murray, whilst coming up against an imperious federer having denied him victory, I feel will be back with a genuine chance to win a major tournament. We should celebrate both players and not indulge in small minded bigotry. And we can do that whilst acknowledging a great performance from Roger Federer who deservedly won the title. Have a little class people, please.

Well said.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think Murray's TALENT comes into it. He's undoubtedly very good, although not good enough to win a grand slam. It's the fact he's so utterly stupid as to enter a sport in which he will represent GB as well as playing his home tournament in LONDON, and then slag off our England. I'm still praying for a career ending injury:clap:

Did his cruel words against the English football team, rile you that much? I thought it was quite amusing personally. It certainly speaks volumes about those cretins who sent foul messages and death threats to his blog. Some people take things far too seriously.

ExACTLY!
You tell those JOCKOS they ought to quit RAGGING on our TIMMY :angry:

Anyway, what prejudice? Many of the Engerlish were showing open-minded LACK of prejudice by cheering for the continental lad.

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I don't think Murray's TALENT comes into it. He's undoubtedly very good, although not good enough to win a grand slam. It's the fact he's so utterly stupid as to enter a sport in which he will represent GB as well as playing his home tournament in LONDON, and then slag off our England. I'm still praying for a career ending injury:clap:

thing is he nearly is ready to win a grand slam, hes not as naturally talented as federer or nadal perhaps, the lads 21 though isnt he still? Good luck to him

I imagine you really arent praying for a career ending injury (are you?)

No, I don't mind his comments at all. He's Jocko, I fully expect him to hate us. I admire his passion for his third world country. It must be hard to be that enthusiastic about Scotland. If I was a pro tennis player I'd nail my colours to the ENGLAND mast and tell the Scots to f*** off. So, I don't disagree with his feelings.

BUT, having made that bed, he's got to lie on it, and I don't think ANYONE should be supporting him at Wimbledon. He hates England, so England should hate him. Or if not hate, strongly dislike. At the very least every Englishman should support Murray's opponent at all times.

What really fucks me off is that he can openly admit his dislike of England, yet English mugs still support him. Ridiculous.

You are one bitter and twisted small minded old fruit. Scotland is not a third world country, you however are a grade A bigot. Moderators take note. Ps I'm English by the way, just not a f***ing idiot.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, I don't mind his comments at all. He's Jocko, I fully expect him to hate us. I admire his passion for his third world country. It must be hard to be that enthusiastic about Scotland. If I was a pro tennis player I'd nail my colours to the ENGLAND mast and tell the Scots to f*** off. So, I don't disagree with his feelings.

BUT, having made that bed, he's got to lie on it,

Fair enough comment :shrug:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

BUT, having made that bed, he's got to lie on it, and I don't think ANYONE should be supporting him at Wimbledon. He hates England, so England should hate him. Or if not hate, strongly dislike. At the very least every Englishman should support Murray's opponent at all times.

What really fucks me off is that he can openly admit his dislike of England, yet English mugs still support him. Ridiculous.

grow up
it was a bit of football banter

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
All the Englishmen on this thread supporting Murray should think about where their loyalties really lie, because they're not fit to support England in my book.

I have already disowned the English football team, so that is a good start. I feel a greater affinity towards Murray than I do with the cretins that pull on the three lions. They do not represent what sport is about.

I like the banter between the Scots and English. It is all playground stuff. What is important is that the Scots and English will stand side by side when it matters. We are currently fighting the Taleban and standing tall together, that is where it counts.

:lolol:

Moderators take note of what exactly? That I hate Andy Murray?:lolol:

The sooner we cut Scotland adrift the better. Their oil is running out so there's no use for them anymore. They hate us, so why should we continue to pay for their battered mars bars?

Why am I even bothering to respond to such a bigoted retard I do not know. But your hatred of Andy Murray seems to be based on purely the country from which he is from ie Scotland which makes you a bigot, and B a misunderstanding of a tongue in cheek comment re the England football team which makes you a sad idiot. If the cap don't fit pal don't wear it. I don't care too much for the Scottish football team either, but that's in the same way we don't like Palace, but I don't go around describing a perfectly lovely country as a third world nation. I'm not speaking for the scots on this forum who may have thicker skins than me and are more than capable of standing up for themselves, but I found that comment offensive and unneccessary. I suspect it was an attempt at humour, but it was woefully misplaced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here