Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Day Is Almost Upon Us - All Hail Andy Murray!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
and I was always told it was the Scots who have a chip on their shoulders.

Don't worry I am not insulted, although thanks for your concern. It just amuses me as, when people start turning to comments like that, it generally suggests that they are losing the argument.

Anyway, so to sum up Andy Murray represents Great Britain in the Davis Cup and Chris Hoy represents Great Britain in the Olympics. Both are from Scotland but you only support Hoy and not the British Davis Cup team when Murray plays. On that basis, will you support England's opponents if you don't like one of their footballers?

Good that you are not insulted, since I didn't issue any insults - just let you know you are special. As for losing an argument - you are railing against MY OPINION, so a word in your ear mush; (whispers) I cannot possibly "lose" in an assertion and underlining of my own opinion that YOU seem to want to argue the TOSS about!

Aaaand - I did NOT say I wouldn't support/root for Murray in the Davis Cup, as I would, all the time he's representing Britain. Same goes for the Olympics (though the sap managed to get gubbed in that one). Same went for 'supporting' Hoy, and all our other athletes wherever they hailed from in the kingdom.

As for the last sentence, I have no idea what you are asking, the question doesn't appear to make sense.

and I was always told it was the Scots who have a chip on their shoulders.

You were told right.
IF you share a room with many Scots for an England match vs anybody, you will have that fact seriously impressed upon you.
Can you imagine hearing their berating us, bleating for the opposition, and then shouting out "jolly good for you plucky Scots chappies, hurrah, and you teach them johnny foreigners a lesson or two"?

Not that it's all that serious or a big deal, but no-one tell me that when I root for their opposition in sport I need to have a proper good reason not to support them!

Nah mate, I happen to respect Federer and think he's a great pro, embassador for his sport, excellent all-rounder, and I like that he won. I wouldn't have curled my lip if Murray had got it though, anyway. Seeing the 'justin.tv' chatroom text with the messages saying "have that you English wankers, oor laddie is champion" might make me sneer just a tad though - that's basically what the sentiment was after the Nadal match he won.

Now, if Murray had been playing against Roddick it would be another story. Roddick is a prig. A stroppy narcissistic twat from the Jimmy Connors school of big twats. I'd be wanting everyone to beat that wanker.

Last edited:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
scottish twat has lapped up an absolute fortune of lottery funded coaching,facilities and "expenses" to help him shit on the nation that has made an average player wealthy beyond his wildest dreams.
and the **** has got me agreeing with NMH

god i hate the haggis munching over rated twat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here