Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Day Is Almost Upon Us - All Hail Andy Murray!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Glad the anti English twat lost.Hope he never wins a grand slam.How pathetic was his performance in the olympics because he had to wear a bit of red on his shirt.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Finally, one question back at you and the anti Murray brigade. When Andy and Jamie Murray play in the Davis Cup, who will you be supporting?

I don't know much about him and I'd be slightly reluctant assuming he must have some of the same qualities as miserable Murray, I would say (not that I really care to be honest) if I had to choose it would be Jamie.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Murray was never going to win, we are only world beaters at sports that involve sitting down or pubs - FACTORAMA

Sailing - sitting down
Lewis Hamilton - sitting down
Chris Hoy - sitting down
Cyclists - sitting down
Rowing - sitting down
Tanni Grey - sitting down

what??

Darts - Pub
Pool - Pub
Snooker - Pub

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't know much about him and I'd be slightly reluctant assuming he must have some of the same qualities as miserable Murray, I would say (not that I really care to be honest) if I had to choose it would be Jamie.

Sorry no in the Davis Cup they represent Great Britain against other countries in Tennis. I meant would they be supporting Great Britain or the opponents.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Glad the anti English twat lost.Hope he never wins a grand slam.How pathetic was his performance in the olympics because he had to wear a bit of red on his shirt.

Did you not read Dave the Gaffer's post earlier saying that Henman said that was all fabricated and he also got an apology off The Sun for the Paraguay shirt claim so what makes you say he is anti English? At the Olympics he had a poor result but who doesn't occasionally.

I am afraid for you that, barring serious injury, he will win a Grand Slam. It is a shame that some people will be gutted when that happens.

At the Olympics he had a poor result but who doesn't occasionally.

In an interview he said the reason he was total shite (my words there, not his) at The Olympics was because he didn't try. Didn't try is slightly different to having a poor result. He went there for the jolly so the least he could have done was try for goodness sake.

For me it's not an anti-Scots thing, I just don't like the guy. He has a personality that makes Alan Shearer look dynamic for crying out loud. He's clearly good at his job but that doesn't mean everybody has to or wants to support him. British or not.

It's only bloody tennis anyway so who gives a hoot really?

How is Hoy representing Britain anymore than Murray. He is going to the Olympics to get a gold medal for himself while Murray is trying to win a Grand Slam for himself. However, in the newspaper it says GBR next to both of their names.

England and Scotland supporters are irrelevant as they are separate nations in football. It would be more relevant to ask whether they supported Henman and I don't know the answer to that. However, I do like to see all the Home Nations win in football.

As for the teams stuff, that is completely irrelevant. Where you get Palace and Raith Rovers out of me suggesting people should support Andy Murray is beyond me. Clubs are totally different to nationality.

Finally, one question back at you and the anti Murray brigade. When Andy and Jamie Murray play in the Davis Cup, who will you be supporting?

I SNORE in your general direction for basically ignoring everything I said. Hoy WAS representing GB and his medals counted to a Great British tally - all the home nations working to the same cause. Murray? NOT EVEN REPRESENTING ANYONE OTHER THAN himSELF!

Team stuff "completely irrelevant"? Well then, if you cannot take that on (obviously because it will require that you contradict your previous assertions), then I'll answer your final question by saying " I would hope Federer won that too"

Back in your hole, timorous beastie.

Did you not read Dave the Gaffer's post earlier saying that Henman said that was all fabricated and he also got an apology off The Sun for the Paraguay shirt claim so what makes you say he is anti English? At the Olympics he had a poor result but who doesn't occasionally.

I am afraid for you that, barring serious injury, he will win a Grand Slam. It is a shame that some people will be gutted when that happens.

Well then, he must be celebrating, like you, that ENGLAND has won the 1966 World Cup. :laugh:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Murray was never going to win, we are only world beaters at sports that involve sitting down or pubs - FACTORAMA

Sailing - sitting down
Lewis Hamilton - sitting down
Chris Hoy - sitting down
Cyclists - sitting down
Rowing - sitting down
Tanni Grey - sitting down

what??

Darts - Pub
Pool - Pub
Snooker - Pub

what about the english football team? oh yeh they're SHIT

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I SNORE in your general direction for basically ignoring everything I said. Hoy WAS representing GB and his medals counted to a Great British tally - all the home nations working to the same cause. Murray? NOT EVEN REPRESENTING ANYONE OTHER THAN himSELF!

Team stuff "completely irrelevant"? Well then, if you cannot take that on (obviously because it will require that you contradict your previous assertions), then I'll answer your final question by saying " I would hope Federer won that too"

Back in your hole, timorous beastie.

I am not quite sure what you are on about but will try to answer back. Whether or not Hoy is working towards a general tally his main aim is to win a gold medal (or more) for himself. Murray is representing Great Britain in the tennis whether you like it or not and as Great Britain have not had a male Grand Slam winner since the 1930s I find it hard to understand why people would not want him to win. If for nothing else, it would be great to stop hearing that Fred Perry was our last male Grand Slam winner.

How exactly is the team stuff relevant. I am English and British but I am not a Crystal Palace supporter so I want teams representing England and Britain to win but not Crystal Palace.

Even accepting your rubbish about Murray, in the Davis Cup he is representing Great Britain and you cannot deny that. So your crap about him representing GB less than Hoy is rubbish in this case and yet you still want him to lose. In just those few words you have blown your whole case.

I am not quite sure what you are on about but will try to answer back. Whether or not Hoy is working towards a general tally his main aim is to win a gold medal (or more) for himself. Murray is representing Great Britain in the tennis whether you like it or not and as Great Britain have not had a male Grand Slam winner since the 1930s I find it hard to understand why people would not want him to win. If for nothing else, it would be great to stop hearing that Fred Perry was our last male Grand Slam winner.

How exactly is the team stuff relevant. I am English and British but I am not a Crystal Palace supporter so I want teams representing England and Britain to win but not Crystal Palace.

Even accepting your rubbish about Murray, in the Davis Cup he is representing Great Britain and you cannot deny that. So your crap about him representing GB less than Hoy is rubbish in this case and yet you still want him to lose. In just those few words you have blown your whole case.

You couldn't make it up....but you did.
One more time, you special person;

Chris Hoy represented Great Britain in the Olympics.
Andy Murray represented Andy Murray in a tournament that has nothing to do with any national allegiance.

So, you are talking drivel.

NEXT!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You couldn't make it up....but you did.
One more time, you special person;

Chris Hoy represented Great Britain in the Olympics.
Andy Murray represented Andy Murray in a tournament that has nothing to do with any national allegiance.

So, you are talking drivel.

NEXT!

I am impressed you have turned to abuse now. That must make you really proud of yourself. By the way, when you next look at a newspaper (if you do) and see the tennis scores, see if it says Andy Murray (Andy Murray) or Andy Murray (Gbr). Let me know which one it says as I would be interested to know.

You did carefully ignore my comment about the Davis Cup though or are we now called Andy Murray in that too?

I am impressed you have turned to abuse now. That must make you really proud of yourself. By the way, when you next look at a newspaper (if you do) and see the tennis scores, see if it says Andy Murray (Andy Murray) or Andy Murray (Gbr). Let me know which one it says as I would be interested to know.

You did carefully ignore my comment about the Davis Cup though or are we now called Andy Murray in that too?

If Murray competes in the Davis Cup, he represents Britain. The (GBr) behind his name has everything to do with telling tennis spectators where he comes from, and NOTHING to do with him 'representing Britain' UNLESS it's for the Davis Cup.

And if you think I've insulted you, you poor dear, then you probably should avoid NSC and head for some more sedate website. Go on, try North Stand Polls, just for the kicks.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If Murray competes in the Davis Cup, he represents Britain. The (GBr) behind his name has everything to do with telling tennis spectators where he comes from, and NOTHING to do with him 'representing Britain' UNLESS it's for the Davis Cup.

And if you think I've insulted you, you poor dear, then you probably should avoid NSC and head for some more sedate website. Go on, try North Stand Polls, just for the kicks.

Don't worry I am not insulted, although thanks for your concern. It just amuses me as, when people start turning to comments like that, it generally suggests that they are losing the argument.

Anyway, so to sum up Andy Murray represents Great Britain in the Davis Cup and Chris Hoy represents Great Britain in the Olympics. Both are from Scotland but you only support Hoy and not the British Davis Cup team when Murray plays. On that basis, will you support England's opponents if you don't like one of their footballers?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Thats bollocks,he did say it,has he ever said he didnt?.You support him if you want but i'm f***ed if i will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here