• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ok, yes, and I assume that that was tongue in cheek. But the abuse and attempt at superiority only comes from one quarter on here. The reality of course is that there are good and bad in all communities, but attempts to portray that only one section en masse must be so much better is absurd.

So one minute you're saying it's only one section or quarter on here doing a particular thing, the next sentence it's absurd to say it's only one section doing a particular thing. Make your mind up! :mad:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Conservative majority odds are dropping like a stone, which is strange, as only a very few (ie those collating exit poll results and those involved with postal votes) will have any information at all.

(By this, I mean the odds of a Conservative majority are getting longer, ie a Tory majority is seen as less probable)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Conservative majority odds are dropping like a stone, which is strange, as only a very few (ie those collating exit poll results and those involved with postal votes) will have any information at all.

(By this, I mean the odds of a Conservative majority are getting longer, ie a Tory majority is seen as less probable)

This is probably due to a few factors, two of which I can offer:
1, the spread firms (which is what I've looked at) have had Labour's projected vote too low for too long. (I suspect they also have the SNP's vote a little low, and the Lib Dems a little high)
2, multiple reports of high turnout in this weather. High turnout virtually always favours Labour. Bad weather diminishes the prospects of the elderly turning out, who are strongly backing the Tories. In other words, what appears to currently be the case is that more young (strongly Labour-inclined) are turning out. The current rate of high turnout, however, might be simply a result of a December election (which we haven't had for a century), with shorter daylight hours, etc, which would mean the electorate are voting early. If it's the case that queues continue up until the polls close, then the high turnout looks likely.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have no doubt that Johnson will be prime minister when I wake up tomorrow, I also think he will have a sizeable majority.
Why?
Because there are so many people in the country like my customer this afternoon.
" I can't vote for Corbyn"
"Why"
" He looks like he needs a wash"
"So you are happy to vote for Boris Johnson then"
"Yes probably"
"Why"
"He makes me laugh"
" What do you think about him calling Muslim women letterboxes"
"Oh yeah, I forgot about that"
"Do you know anything about Johnson"
" No, not really, I don't do politics"
" Do you mind me asking how you voted in the referendum"
"Leave"
"Why"
"I don't like the EU"
" Fair enough, do you know anything about what they actually do or don't do"
"No as I said I really don't do politics"
And people wonder why they are The Thickos.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Ok, yes, and I assume that that was tongue in cheek. But the abuse and attempt at superiority only comes from one quarter on here. The reality of course is that there are good and bad in all communities, but attempts to portray that only one section en masse must be so much better is absurd.

Yes it was that Commie Mrs May who said something about the nasty party I recall?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Given the apparent parachuted-in-Tory safety of my Mid Sussex seat, I did give a moment's genuine consideration to voting for Baron Von Thunderclap of the MRL Party.

However I was then overcome by a National Lottery-like twinkle of hope and voted Lib Dem.

The tactical voting sites say vote Labour there......

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Laying off liabilities ?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Given the apparent parachuted-in-Tory safety of my Mid Sussex seat, I did give a moment's genuine consideration to voting for Baron Von Thunderclap of the MRL Party.

However I was then overcome by a National Lottery-like twinkle of hope and voted Lib Dem.

Well that's one vote that the Lib Dem misinformation campaign has won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here