Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The lies are rolling off their tongues already. I just head Jeremy Corbyn say "When we're in power...."

Do these politicians have no shame?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I ask this every time but does anyone HAVE a party/claim to be a supporter of Party A/B? If so, does that mean you vote for them NO MATTER WHAT their policy is?

It stumps me every time. "Oh, I'm tory". How's that work?

Vote for a pig with a red rosette: [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]
Vote for a pig with a blue rosette: [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] and [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The lies are rolling off their tongues already. I just head Jeremy Corbyn say "When we're in power...."

Do these politicians have no shame?

None whatsoever! I heard this bloke rambling continuously about us leaving the EU on the 31st October. People believed him but he was just lying in the end.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Vote for a pig with a red rosette: [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]
Vote for a pig with a blue rosette: [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] and [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION]
You missed those that will vote for a toad with a fag and a pint from his big mate.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Listen if anyone wants to get a political party together that.

1) Goes for a soft Brexit within the Customs Union.
2) Brings the utilities back into the national ownership (bar telecoms)
3) Promises to look at the railways, but will at least commit to placing track and trains under the control of single regional companies with return subsidies from general taxation to decrease fares.
4) Increases taxation progressively (anyone over 50K)
5) Regionalises petrol prices and personal car taxation so people living in cities who want to drive effectively subsidise those in rural communities who have to.
6) Introduces a national savings scheme with a low but guarenteed level of interest that finances a national house building scheme.
7) Make it illegal to leave a house empty for 6 months.
8) Cap rents
9) Bin HS2 and use the money for better connections up North.
10) Encourage through tax breaks large companies to move up into economically deprived areas up North. There are so many companies in London that really really don't need to be there.

I could go on....

Mostly good, item 2 would be £££ and isn't really a priority.

I'd go for...

VAT on domestic flights
VAT and on public school fees, make em pay bus rates
Council tax as % of property value, reduction for reach ECO potential on property, surcharge on 2nd homes
Get rid of business rates on retail, period
Variable road pricing by location, time etc

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Yes, I have frequently voted Tory, but not exclusively (I have voted Lib Dem and Independent in several local council elections - one of them even won).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I watched the Labour campaign launch... seemed a bit lacklustre to me. Are they just hoping that Boris will implode?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
That’s if the Brexit company puts up a candidate in your constituency, rumours that they aren’t fielding candidates in any seat that will split the vote.

I hope Farage returns the unlucky candidates entrance fee.

I doubt they'll be a Brexit candidate in Plovdiv, Bulgaria :lolol:

What about the pig with the yellow/orange rosette - or is that too close to home ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So proud.

#StayClassyUK

[tweet]1189104403523035137[/tweet]

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
So, if the fate of the country was in the hands of NSC;
- The Brexit thread poll shows a clear majority with about 2/3rds voting for remain.
- In this General Election thread, those remain supporters spread their vote over 3 different parties.

The Brexit loving Conservatives therefore win the General Election poll with 30% of the vote. This could easily happen nationally and the Conservatives would claim a massive mandate for whatever they want.

This can't be right. We need to change the voting system almost as much as we need to stay in the EU.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I seriously can not understand anyone that isn't filthy rich or financially stable so not to be affected by anything that happens, ever voting for the current conservative party. I guess it must be the power of the media. If you look who the media are owned by and that they are persuading people how they should vote. hhhhmmm I wonder why?

https://www.tutor2u.net/sociology/reference/who-owns-the-uk-media

After what happened in the last election the media will go in to overload discrediting Jeremy Corbyn and sheep will be sheep, so I think we will have an hung parliament or the Tories could increase their majority.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I have no idea , that seriously bugs me because iv'e voted the same all my life , i do know iv'e lost all the trust i ever had in all politicians in this country , and that makes me angry because my vote will be gained by the party i mistrust the least , FFS what a way to think having to cast a vote .

Obviously this is my personal viewpoint and i'm sure lots of you still trust politicians , you must have a incredibly generous trusting and forgiving nature and i salute you , i think .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I seriously can not understand anyone that isn't filthy rich or financially stable so not to be affected by anything that happens, ever voting for the current conservative party. I guess it must be the power of the media. If you look who the media are owned by and that they are persuading people how they should vote. hhhhmmm I wonder why?

https://www.tutor2u.net/sociology/reference/who-owns-the-uk-media

After what happened in the last election the media will go in to overload discrediting Jeremy Corbyn and sheep will be sheep, so I think we will have an hung parliament or the Tories could increase their majority.

At some point the country needs to think for itself and not just do what Rupert Murdoch says...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here