Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Daily (Hate) Mail - RIP?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I disagree. There is still journalism of a high level that lifts the lid on scandals, infringements on civil liberties, the wrong doings of our political classes, the horrors and atrocities of war etc. etc. There are still those with principles operating in the murky world of written journalism, and it deserves to be defended and not tainted with the same brush as what we're discussing here.

We need quality journalism to keep us informed and to investigate that which needs investigating. Unfortunately journalism is tainted by the antics and nonsense printed by the tabloids. Quality newspapers may have a political leaning but with a little thought that can be taken into account. Or alternatively you can read quality from both sides of the political spectrum.

The discussion here shouldn't be right v left but quality v shite.

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
I agree to a point with what you say ( and contradict my post ) BUT it is said polititions who seem to be making the rules / setting the bar so to speak about what can be said in public .All of our elected leaders have their own agendas and dumbing down any sort of critisism is their first priority ,they all seem to be backed by some sort of news corporation . People who find the truth (journalists really need to be lawyers these days )

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If The Daily Express wasn't so shit The Daily Mail would be as shit as The Express (Which is completely shit)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I agree to a point with what you say ( and contradict my post ) BUT it is said polititions who seem to be making the rules / setting the bar so to speak about what can be said in public .All of our elected leaders have their own agendas and dumbing down any sort of critisism is their first priority ,they all seem to be backed by some sort of news corporation . People who find the truth (journalists really need to be lawyers these days )

Generally they are backed by News Corporation. This is a problem. Murdoch has far too much influence over our politicians.

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
Quality v shite .
Couldnt put it better ,IF we could ever get to the truth then things would happen but we wont unfortunatly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have a copy of 'Anarchy in the UK' ( sadly not on EMI or A&M) in my vinyl collection from 1977, and my favourite author is George Orwell. Does that mean I hate my country too?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have a copy of 'Anarchy in the UK' ( sadly not on EMI or A&M) in my vinyl collection from 1977, and my favourite author is George Orwell. Does that mean I hate my country too?

As you have already admitted to being left wing then yes you certainly do.

You may never criticise anything British or anything Britain does without being accused of being unpatriotic (it works well in America why not in the UK?)

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
In America 642 muslims went on a march in washington and it was full page news coverage ,1 week later 22000 american bikers did the same thing about 10 miles away and never got shown on any news coverage ,it gridlocked washington for 4 hours .Why dont i look at newspapers ?? look it up for yourselves if you are interested i did.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
For saying what? That Ralph Milliband was a Marxist...even Ed said he was...for saying that he hated Britains role in the world and everything Britain stood for...Ralph wrote those words himself...nobody has come forward to prove they are lies have they. Yes Ed has complained but that is to be expected because of the family ties.

The Mail also called him evil

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In America 642 muslims went on a march in washington and it was full page news coverage ,1 week later 22000 american bikers did the same thing about 10 miles away and never got shown on any news coverage ,it gridlocked washington for 4 hours .Why dont i look at newspapers ?? look it up for yourselves if you are interested i did.

But is this just the papers pandering to the public's desire for news about Muslims or is it the papers driving our desire for news about Muslims?

Either way Muslims are far more newsworthy than bikers.

we, the buying public have the power to decide what is newsworthy, but we let the media dictate it instead.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i am going to go out on a limb here but im guessing you are not a fan of the Daily Mail.

Ha ha, the Daily Mail is some how a serious political paper! Don't make me laugh.

It's down to utter ridiculously crap fear and scaremongering irresponsible reporting it should be scrapped for.

Perhaps people don't want to read actual journalism, they just want to know you're going to die because you shouldn't eat crackers more than twice a week, or you'll get cancer from washing your hair too often, or you'll get mugged going to your local post office etc. etc. I don't actually know why anyone would buy a paper so devoid of any intelligence, so full of bilious vilification that you'd wonder there is anything good in the world at all.

It is a joke of a paper, that can have a profound impact on those completely unable to think for themselves.

The Mail, is frankly an embarrassing excuse for a newspaper. It plays on mainstream fears of an ignorant public.

You are obviously an avid reader of The Mail,and whilst i respect your opinion it is apparent that the Daily Mail grinds your gears and winds you up a hell of a lot. In my humble opinion it seems to me a good option for you would be to stop reading it,i think you would be much happier.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Amen. Can I add that they all need to answer to criticism if it is justified. The News of The World deserved to be taken off the shelves as it acted illegally but until The Mail or any other publication is proved to be acting against the law then they deserve and are granted, quite rightly, the unreserved right to publication.

Quite right. It is up to the rest of the media to give the other side of the debate and counter the argument. Healthy debate is what is required to balance the narrative. That is what happens in a free society and long may it continue. Based upon what I have seen and read in the last few days, this seems to happening pretty well.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I suppose thats one way a spineless weasal dodges calling for it to be banned because of its political views. I would quite like all the hard left abuse thats hurled about at people to be dealt with, that aint going to happen either. Life just aint fare is it?

You realise that all this DailyMailing is beginning to backfire? People dont see an organ of hate, they see a load of butthurt leftwing whiners up to no good.

Seriously, this isnt going to end well for the political left.

.... and straight into the top ten of NSCs most bizarre posts ever ....

D

Deleted member 22389

May be if the current crop of politicians weren't so imcompetant, the Daily Mail would have no reasons to print what they do sometimes. Yes the Milliband thing was wrong, a step too far, but let's get one thing straight, they are all a bunch of out of touch hypocrites, and whilst they all play silly buggers and deciding on what they think is best for us, they are in fact buggering up our lifes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
May be if the current crop of politicians weren't so imcompetant, the Daily Mail would have no reasons to print what they do sometimes. Yes the Milliband thing was wrong, a step too far, but let's get one thing straight, they are all a bunch of out of touch hypocrites, and whilst they all play silly buggers and deciding on what they think is best for us, they are in fact buggering up our lifes.

I think they are highly competent at what they choose to do. Trouble is they are not doing what they are supposed to do and spend their time feathering their nests and looking after their pals. The Daily Mail et al are very useful to them as they perpetuate fear and keep us squabbling over left verses right , complaining about the unemployed, asylum seekers and all the other nonsense that stops us focusing of those that are right royally ****ing us in the arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here