Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Daily (Hate) Mail - RIP?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It's got nothing to do with it's political leaning as you and looney and trying to suggest. It's down to utter ridiculously crap fear and scaremongering irresponsible reporting it should be scrapped for. I'll buy the Telegraph some weekends, and others the Guardian. It's the way I roll. I like to dabble with the leanings.
!

Oh you read the grauniad? When the paper published the story of the shooting of Travylon Martin with a picture of him aged 11, 6 years old when recent ones where available where was the outcry about the grauniad inciting racial hatred? Why isnt Rubbisher in jail? hmmmmmm.

Nipple is on the money, its a left right tabloid spat.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
son you are not clever enough to put words in my mouth. I didn't say it was a serious paper, its a tabloid with delusional aspirations. And no its generally the left Grauniad/bbc axis that gets worked up by the Mail, most people are more put of by the antics of the left.

I was in a newsagents this morning and witnessed 3 people happily buying it. They didnt ask for it from under the counter or in a brown paper bag, i prob saw 3 because they sell so many. Maybe thats what grates? That nobody buys the grauniad?

I never said YOU did, you stated the left want it scrapped because of it's political views, I said, ha ha the Daily Mail is some how a serious political paper, don't make me laugh.

You're not even clever enough to read my own sentence...son!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I never said YOU did, you stated the left want it scrapped because of it's political views, I said, ha ha the Daily Mail is some how a serious political paper, don't make me laugh.

You're not even clever enough to read my own sentence...son!

Erm this kind of begs the question if the mail is not "a serious political paper" then what is all the fuss about?

Take your time with this one son, you are beginning to look like you are contradicting yourself.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I doubt very much that anyone on here would regard the flummery The Mail produces any more seriously than they would The Guardians £380'000 "bargain of the week" property in The Guardian Weekend.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I think the Mail is the only newspaper I can trust, as I know that the truth is the opposite of what they publish. Long may it continue.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh you read the grauniad? When the paper published the story of the shooting of Travylon Martin with a picture of him aged 11, 6 years old when recent ones where available where was the outcry about the grauniad inciting racial hatred? Why isnt Rubbisher in jail? hmmmmmm.

Nipple is on the money, its a left right tabloid spat.

You wish it was....When the likes of Heseltine, Maude and Co. and coming down on the thing, it's because it's sunken to a level of shite no one wants to be a part of, right or left. This is just a straw that has broken the camel's back. Perhaps people don't want to read actual journalism, they just want to know you're going to die because you shouldn't eat crackers more than twice a week, or you'll get cancer from washing your hair too often, or you'll get mugged going to your local post office etc. etc. I don't actually know why anyone would buy a paper so devoid of any intelligence, so full of bilious vilification that you'd wonder there is anything good in the world at all.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I like taking a copy of the Daily Mail to Vegan support groups and sit there cuddling it while leering at the pasty faced ones.:)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Erm this kind of begs the question if the mail is not "a serious political paper" then what is all the fuss about?

Take your time with this one son, you are beginning to look like you are contradicting yourself.

Rather like you're beginning to look like a rather pompous know it all....other than you're mostly wrong.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It does annoy me when the Blind Date page in The Guardian has a couple of benders. Much akin to the disappointment I felt when the ITV Saturday night favourite Blind Date used to surprise us with a couple of OAP's. How out of touch with your readership can you be!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What the BBC? The original article was a stroke of genius though. Yea it was to a large part a load of belicose rubbish, but the Dailymailians are awrae there is a large section of the population who think Labour hate the concept of Britain generaly and the English specificly, it taps into that big time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24379322

hopefully it will go same way as News of the Screws..

The UK would be a much better place without The Daily Mail.

The UK needs a diverse media. It also needs an independent broadcaster. If it doesn't have both we might as well live in a military dictatorship. That means The Guardian, The Mail and the BBC all need to survive. They all need to charge for their content. They all need to pay their writers. They all need to accept criticism. They all need to act with integrity.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You wish it was....When the likes of Heseltine, Maude and Co. and coming down on the thing, it's because it's sunken to a level of shite no one wants to be a part of, right or left. This is just a straw that has broken the camel's back. Perhaps people don't want to read actual journalism, they just want to know you're going to die because you shouldn't eat crackers more than twice a week, or you'll get cancer from washing your hair too often, or you'll get mugged going to your local post office etc. etc. I don't actually know why anyone would buy a paper so devoid of any intelligence, so full of bilious vilification that you'd wonder there is anything good in the world at all.

That all sounds like you are becoming a bit hysterical. You need to calm down a bit son, its no different from all the other political rags, next week another story. Maybe you and others need the rant as a psycological crutch due to insecurities? whatever, its just a blue top tabloid.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Because, unlike yourself, unfortunately people do take it seriously. That it can run a story about the MMR vaccine, based on a single doctor's opinion, completed discredited, that actually creates such a panic that parents stop getting their kids vaccinated and we have an outbreak of mumps on our hands that actually threatens childrens lives. That's how ridiculous it is. It is a joke of a paper, that can have a profound impact on those completely unable to think for themselves.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

That all sounds like you are becoming a bit hysterical. You need to calm down a bit son, its no different from all the other political rags, next week another story. Maybe you and others need the rant as a psycological crutch due to insecurities? whatever, its just a blue top tabloid.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Because, unlike yourself, unfortunately people do take it seriously. That it can run a story about the MMR vaccine, based on a single doctor's opinion, completed discredited, that actually creates such a panic that parents stop getting their kids vaccinated and we have an outbreak of mumps on our hands that actually threatens childrens lives. That's how ridiculous it is. It is a joke of a paper, that can have a profound impact on those completely unable to think for themselves.

I just posted an example of the grauniad pulling a similar stunt, but criminal, ban that as well? No wait, lets not ban anything. I dont take it seriously because I neither have a hidden agenda or am so far up my own aris its unreal. Chill out, its X factorish tabloid junk.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The UK needs a diverse media. It also needs an independent broadcaster. If it doesn't have both we might as well live in a military dictatorship. That means The Guardian, The Mail and the BBC all need to survive. They all need to charge for their content. They all need to pay their writers. They all need to accept criticism. They all need to act with integrity.

Amen. Can I add that they all need to answer to criticism if it is justified. The News of The World deserved to be taken off the shelves as it acted illegally but until The Mail or any other publication is proved to be acting against the law then they deserve and are granted, quite rightly, the unreserved right to publication.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here