Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Daily (Hate) Mail - RIP?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
but I'm not rightwing or ill aformed. How aware of things I am depends how much energy i have to shout to fill in the gaps in my arguments.
X<---- Latte sipping bender.

I bet the scouts in your scout pack think you're hilarious.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You are so right.
The thing that annoys me most about lefties is the fact they do not tolerate anyone with a different view to them. They brand the tories as the nasty party but they really should take a closer look to home.

People with ideologically different points of view do not listen to each other. That's obvious and nothing to do with sympathizing for left or right leaning views.

As it is, most people have been turned off by this polarized dogma which parties enjoy having petty scraps over and probably explains why turnouts at the polling stations are so low.

This doesn't mean that people do not have political views, nor does it mean that 80% of us can't listen to one another. So, whilst there's some truth in what you say, it would be twisted logic to suggest that all people with left leaning sympathies don't tolerate other people.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You cannot even get that right...you're saying the Daily Hate Mail yet it is NOT the Daily Mail but the Mail on Sunday who sent a reporter to the families private service...no but you in your blind rage points the finger at the Daily paper...although the MOS is a sister paper it has entirely different editors and staff.

Yes, the editor of which personally, and respectfully apologised unreservedly for the intrusion on the private service, immediately defusing the situation and accepting the mistake.

Decre on the other hand, seems unable to accept any personal responsibility, is sending his deputy to take the flack on television, and is continuing the week with editorials desperately trying to justify an untenable position he took on Saturday. If anything, the Mail On Sunday's apology has made the situation for the Daily Mail even worse, as they've dug themselves in so deep, the only hope remaining is that people feel sorry for them and all the flack they're getting from everyone.

It really is about time the Daily Mail was held up to serious scrutiny, not to it's political position which everyone seems to latch onto (oh, it's moaning lefties etc.) but to the sensationalism and reporting of such poor standards that, as I've previously stated, can lead to some serious consequences, the most notable of which being MMR.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bigging oneself up while slapping someone down has a history older than Tom and Jerry. A thread of his nature is always going to turn into a turkey shoot with all the knockle scrapers drawn to it like moths to lightbulbs. Its not rocket science, in fact you wouldn't find me going anywhere near a thread about rocket science. Not my thing, its about knowledge not intelligence. They are to different animals son, you should take this on board it will serve you well in life.

Condescension is so easy on a forum isn't it. Like a comfort blanket and a scary night...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, the editor of which personally, and respectfully apologised unreservedly for the intrusion on the private service, immediately defusing the situation and accepting the mistake.

Decre on the other hand, seems unable to accept any personal responsibility, is sending his deputy to take the flack on television, and is continuing the week with editorials desperately trying to justify an untenable position he took on Saturday. If anything, the Mail On Sunday's apology has made the situation for the Daily Mail even worse, as they've dug themselves in so deep, the only hope remaining is that people feel sorry for them and all the flack they're getting from everyone.

It really is about time the Daily Mail was held up to serious scrutiny, not to it's political position which everyone seems to latch onto (oh, it's moaning lefties etc.) but to the sensationalism and reporting of such poor standards that, as I've previously stated, can lead to some serious consequences, the most notable of which being MMR.

It's not the Mail that is the problem, it's Dacre.

Just read Private Eye, he is a complete hat-stand.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

For saying what? That Ralph Milliband was a Marxist...even Ed said he was...for saying that he hated Britains role in the world and everything Britain stood for...Ralph wrote those words himself...nobody has come forward to prove they are lies have they. Yes Ed has complained but that is to be expected because of the family ties.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For saying what? That Ralph Milliband was a Marxist...even Ed said he was...for saying that he hated Britains role in the world and everything Britain stood for...Ralph wrote those words himself...nobody has come forward to prove they are lies have they. Yes Ed has complained but that is to be expected because of the family ties.

Why would someone who hated his country fight to save it from the Nazis?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Picture a dog chasing it's own tail.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I can't get worked up about this at all. The once-proud newspaper industry is simply hastening its own inevitable demise.

The Mail is full of highly calculated bigotry that even its own authors don't really believe. The Express, once a very readable middle ground paper, has become a low-rent caricature of the Mail. The Sun is still the voice of the uneducated and/or "can't be bothered to think".

Thing is, none of these papers represents normal people. It's all a flawed attempt to stem collapsing sales: adopt a slightly extreme position and hope it gets you the kind of attention that attracts curious readers with a shaky grasp of current events and concerns about their jobs and mortgage. Aim for the easy targets - immigration, the licence fee, political correctness - and claim to be the voice of "normal" people. You'll delay the death of your publication, but you won't stop it.

The Mail is an outmoded curiosity, nothing more. It doesn't change the way people vote or think - at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Dim witted people may believe its bile but then they would have had those opinions in the first place. They're a minority. I've lived in this country 44 years and I haven't met very many people in that time that share the pretended, exaggerated and plainly stupid "opinions" of the Mail.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Alternatively, the Daily Mail's actions have garnered sympathy for Miliband that will strengthen his chances

Agreed, and condemnation of the daily mail seems just about universal.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ralph Millibands teachings and work stretched over a period of 40 or so years, with numerous books, texts and editorials outlining his thoughts and teachings throughout his career. Should you wish to carefully deconstruct how this may have influenced his son, you surely need to take numerous sources from that body of work, and construct an informed balanced discourse into the developing views of a man, who let us not forget, taught several members of Thatcher's cabinet, who have since said they have nothing but praise and admiration for Ralph Miliband despite an obvious difference in views.

Instead, you are defending a piece that serves to suggest that a man's entire viewpoint, across basically his entire life, is defined by a single private diary entry as a teenager. Regardless of whether that single line is factual or not is irrelevant, so as to then conclude with the statement 'Ralph Miliband Hated Britain' on that single entity for man that left a huge body of work behind, is just ludicrous, crass, ridiculous, disrespectful, and just plain wrong.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Condescension is so easy on a forum isn't it. Like a comfort blanket and a scary night...

Just be thankful he lowers himself to comes on here to show us the error of our ways with his enormous knowledge at all. Where would we be without him?

I suspect the enormous knowledge and desire to 'run rings round people' (if not the actual ability to) is compensating for something in real life.

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
I didnt realise people still read newspapers in this day and age ,its all a load of proaganda for who you want to believe ,polititions hmmm dont get me started on them load of freeloading lying ar^ewipes.Its easier to ignore the lot of them and get on with life.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ralph Millibands teachings and work stretched over a period of 40 or so years, with numerous books, texts and editorials outlining his thoughts and teachings throughout his career. Should you wish to carefully deconstruct how this may have influenced his son, you surely need to take numerous sources from that body of work, and construct an informed balanced discourse into the developing views of a man, who let us not forget, taught several members of Thatcher's cabinet, who have since said they have nothing but praise and admiration for Ralph Miliband despite an obvious difference in views.

Instead, you are defending a piece that serves to suggest that a man's entire viewpoint, across basically his entire life, is defined by a single private diary entry as a teenager. Regardless of whether that single line is factual or not is irrelevant, so as to then conclude with the statement 'Ralph Miliband Hated Britain' on that single entity for man that left a huge body of work behind, is just ludicrous, crass, ridiculous, disrespectful, and just plain wrong.

Spot On.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didnt realise people still read newspapers in this day and age ,its all a load of proaganda for who you want to believe ,polititions hmmm dont get me started on them load of freeloading lying ar^ewipes.Its easier to ignore the lot of them and get on with life.

I disagree. There is still journalism of a high level that lifts the lid on scandals, infringements on civil liberties, the wrong doings of our political classes, the horrors and atrocities of war etc. etc. There are still those with principles operating in the murky world of written journalism, and it deserves to be defended and not tainted with the same brush as what we're discussing here.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Just be thankful he lowers himself to comes on here to show us the error of our ways with his enormous knowledge at all. Where would we be without him?

I suspect the enormous knowledge and desire to 'run rings round people' (if not the actual ability to) is compensating for something in real life.

So someone lifted your rock up and you came scuttling out i see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here