Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Daily (Hate) Mail - RIP?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Amen. Can I add that they all need to answer to criticism if it is justified. The News of The World deserved to be taken off the shelves as it acted illegally but until The Mail or any other publication is proved to be acting against the law then they deserve and are granted, quite rightly, the unreserved right to publication.

Edit: Not that one is granted rights but you know what I mean.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's the difference between politics and sensationalism. The Mail will go for the sensationalism regardless of the truth, and they'll do it more than other organs out there.

I'll pick up most papers I find on the train on the way home (I like to check my assumptions about them) and The Mail is always the one I find myself despairing at the most. It's just twists arguments to create imbalanced trash stories. I wouldn't stoop so low as to pick up The Star, but then again I don't think anyone buys it do they? In some ways it's less dangerous than The Mail as I don't believe there's that much writing in it is there?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I used to read the Mail on Sunday as a younger man, but that was due to it's coverage of Non League football, and I can complete (as a rule) the You crossword.

However, even in my teens, I could see that the paper was a pile of old tosh, and nothing has changed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am an animal, ill read anything! I want as much info as possible so its easy to run rings around ill informed people, usually leftwingers. Its funny because although rightwingers are ill informed they seem more aware of it.

but I'm not rightwing or ill aformed. How aware of things I am depends how much energy i have to shout to fill in the gaps in my arguments.
X<---- Latte sipping bender.

I just posted an example of the grauniad pulling a similar stunt, but criminal, ban that as well? No wait, lets not ban anything. I dont take it seriously because I neither have a hidden agenda or am so far up my own aris its unreal. Chill out, its X factorish tabloid junk.

Why don't you tell everyone again (I don't think you've said it enough yet) how well informed you are....we'd all love to hear more stories about your intellect running rings around people. Come on, don't be shy, you've only referred to your own judgement of how clever you are 3 times. I don't think it's enough, you really need to hammer these points home so everyone is aware of your completely balanced viewpoints. Self proclamation in a person is something to admire. :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I think The Mail would have to wrongly accuse Milliband's mother of attempting to assassinate the Queen and find evidence to prove that Cameron was planning to sell the Crown Jewels to garner enough support for a Labour victory.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why don't you tell everyone again (I don't think you've said it enough yet) how well informed you are....we'd all love to hear more stories about your intellect running rings around people. Come on, don't be shy, you've only referred to your own judgement of how clever you are 3 times. I don't think it's enough, you really need to hammer these points home so everyone is aware of your completely balanced viewpoints. Self proclamation in a person is something to admire. :thumbsup:

If only you had started that post with the salutation 'Son' it would have been perfect :)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ha ha, the Daily Mail is some how a serious political paper! Don't make me laugh. The only serious thing about the Daily Mail is the amount of paper and ink required to print the sh*t rag! What people see is a paper that they can't trust because all it wants to do is throw sh*t about, because that's all it has in abundance is sh*t. A culture of sh*t reporting, sh*t research, sh*t for brains columnists, and about as much positivity as a dying rat drowning in a load of sh*t in the bottom of a sewer.

The right, left and centre is rightly appalled at them. The right, because they are associated with the paper and desparately trying to distance themselves from it, the centre because of the extreme views of it, and the left - well that's obvious. Probably the only person happy with the Mail is Nigel Farage, and that says all you need to know!
Branded the Hate Mail?....the only people who are full of hate are the Daily Mail haters...just look at the post above...instead of a reasonable debate... has poured out a load of bile full of bad language you cannot put across your ideals by debate and anyone who doesn't agree with you and your views they are branded as evil.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
image.png

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Branded the Hate Mail?....the only people who are full of hate are the Daily Mail haters...just look at the post above...instead of a reasonable debate... has poured out a load of bile full of bad language you cannot put across your ideals by debate and anyone who doesn't agree with you and your views they are branded as evil.

Oh sorry, is the word sh*t going to make you have bad dreams at bedtime!?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You are so right.
The thing that annoys me most about lefties is the fact they do not tolerate anyone with a different view to them. They brand the tories as the nasty party but they really should take a closer look to home.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You are so right.
The thing that annoys me most about lefties is the fact they do not tolerate anyone with a different view to them. They brand the tories as the nasty party but they really should take a closer look to home.

Yet other than Ed Milliband himself, it's members of the Tory party that have been most critical of the Daily Mail....Go figure that one out!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I made the decision, years ago, not to buy and read national newspapers. I have no time for politics, I'm intelligent enough to form my own opinions on the things that matter, without being influenced by propoganda produced on a daily basis by jouranilists following a predetermined path. Enjoy your squabbles, there is no such thing as true compromise in politics.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You are so right.

I'm a leftie but quite happy to tolerate you, and I read The Telegraph during the cricket season too.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Here's a bit of sensationalism dressed up as news from The Mail's competitor The Sun. Ridiculous so called journalism.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380834173.014701.jpg

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24379322

hopefully it will go same way as News of the Screws..
You cannot even get that right...you're saying the Daily Hate Mail yet it is NOT the Daily Mail but the Mail on Sunday who sent a reporter to the families private service...no but you in your blind rage points the finger at the Daily paper...although the MOS is a sister paper it has entirely different editors and staff.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Bigging oneself up while slapping someone down has a history older than Tom and Jerry. A thread of his nature is always going to turn into a turkey shoot with all the knockle scrapers drawn to it like moths to lightbulbs. Its not rocket science, in fact you wouldn't find me going anywhere near a thread about rocket science. Not my thing, its about knowledge not intelligence. They are to different animals son, you should take this on board it will serve you well in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here