Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
This thread has been a bit quiet in recent days, so here’s some good news. Cases in the UK are now trending down, this coming around 6 weeks after the removal of all restrictions with pubs, nightclubs and stadiums all open to capacity.

68FA8D4C-9366-4952-B0D8-C72D9B724A51.jpeg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Little bounce

England has 1,637 less positives than last Thursday, despite nearly 200,000 more tests being processed. Basically carrying on where it left off before the school test explosion. Of course, any real infections from schools won't show up till next week I suppose

Good news with a caveat

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
‘Day 2’ PCR test requirement for returning (double jabbed) travellers likely to be scrapped on Sept 22nd and replaced with advice to do a lateral flow test instead.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Replying to
@UKCovid19Stats
A 25.1% weekly fall in positives for the UK, 22.5% for England. And that's with about 40,000 more tests in the latter than last Monday. Admissions figures for England just dropped to their lowest for a month too (647). Though they bounce around I suppose

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
How it go?

So far so good

Covid tests are a pain and not cheap but quite easy when you get your head around them, we brought ours from the UK ( Prenetics) £25 each but others got the ore return one here $100 US

Weathers great, beaches great..

In fact just been on the beach and met 2 other BHA fans from Portslade,( given away by BHA beach towels) grew up 5 doors away from my mum.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So far so good

Covid tests are a pain and not cheap but quite easy when you get your head around them, we brought ours from the UK ( Prenetics) £25 each but others got the ore return one here $100 US

In fact just been on the beach and met 2 other BHA fans from Portslade,( given away by BHA beach towels) grew up 5 doors away from my mum.

Good to hear, I’m looking at heading out Oct/Nov depending of flights and as I said before I’ve not heard many complaints that are down to the destination.

It seems the staff are going even further out their way than normal as well

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So far so good

Francis? Or do you mean before Foredown Drive?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
‘Day 2’ PCR test requirement for returning (double jabbed) travellers likely to be scrapped on Sept 22nd and replaced with advice to do a lateral flow test instead.

Too late for me for this trip (in Madeira now but coming back on 17th) but off to Portugal for a few days at the end of Sept so will hopefully be in place for that…..👍

For the Madeira trip there were no ‘incoming’ test requirements, only the UK test to come home and day 2 tests……Tui have a deal with Chronomics that cover both tests for £20pp.

It’s all bollox though - would be so easy to falsify the test results. Waste of time. I’ve also been contacted by T&T since I arrived due to being in proximity to someone who tested positive the day after I left…….can’t book a Uk test obviously (did a LFT anyway).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Only 59 fully vaccinated people without serious health conditions died from Covid-19 out of more than 50,000 deaths in England this year, new figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

In the first study of deaths by vaccination status, the ONS found that around 99 per cent of Covid-19 deaths between January 2 and July 2 2021 were in people who had not had two doses.

Overall 640 (1.2 per cent) of deaths were in those who had received both vaccine doses, but the ONS said many of those could have been infections picked up before the second dose.

Just 256 deaths (0.5 per cent) were considered true “breakthrough” infections where the second dose had long enough to work, but still did not offer protection.

However, the average age of those “breakthrough” infections was 84 and the majority (76 per cent) were classed as “extremely clinically vulnerable”. Just 59 did not have serious medical conditions.

Vaccines still work

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Only 59 fully vaccinated people without serious health conditions died from Covid-19 out of more than 50,000 deaths in England this year, new figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

In the first study of deaths by vaccination status, the ONS found that around 99 per cent of Covid-19 deaths between January 2 and July 2 2021 were in people who had not had two doses.

Overall 640 (1.2 per cent) of deaths were in those who had received both vaccine doses, but the ONS said many of those could have been infections picked up before the second dose.

Just 256 deaths (0.5 per cent) were considered true “breakthrough” infections where the second dose had long enough to work, but still did not offer protection.

However, the average age of those “breakthrough” infections was 84 and the majority (76 per cent) were classed as “extremely clinically vulnerable”. Just 59 did not have serious medical conditions.

Vaccines still work

That should focus the minds of the anti vaxxers.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That should focus the minds of the anti vaxxers.

Much as I'd like to think so I don't think logic is one of their strong suits

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Vaccines still work

Great news. The evidence is STAGGERINGLY CLEAR. VACCINES WORK! In other good news, I got pinged Monday morning, I had been to a gig, the cinema and the footy so no surprise....PCR negative. The vaccine doing it's work for me so far too

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Much as I'd like to think so I don't think logic is one of their strong suits

Not so much that but more a case of human nature - no one likes to admit that they were wrong or taken in by charlatans. However, every time that a prominent anti-vaxxer ends up in a bad way, or dead, from Covid it, it will chip away at the confidence that their natural immune system is sufficient to protect them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here