[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Had mine last Saturday at the Racecourse. Oxford/Astrazenica, just felt tired for a couple of days. Amazing how efficient and fast they are rolling this out :bowdown:. Shame that we missed out on 5m more vaccines from India but we are way on our way to protecting our most at risk now.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
But in Good News, they have never found a case of the virus being transmitted via a gym.
A few people I know who don't actually know each other all use the same gym, got it at the exact same time and everything pointed to the gym.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That is Fantastic News. We should all celebrate.

I wonder what it is about exercising indoors with others that prevents the virus transmitting between patrons?

It's debatable. Unless you catch it from someone within your household or bubble, it's going to be incredibly hard to isolate where and when you caught it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good news that the AZ trial in the US has very positive results for safety and effectiveness.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I do wonder if vaccine uptake in this country, compared to Europe, would have been so impressive if it'd been called the 'Munich Astrazeneca' vaccine...!
Clearly not. They even chose William Shakespear to be the first man vaccinated :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Where are they in terms of percentages - more significantly, where were they 3 weeks ago where the R number started dropping without the Lockdown conditions?

Do you mean how many vaccinated?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Do you mean how many vaccinated?

Yes. The graph shows that the R number started to decrease 3 weeks ago with no lockdown measures applied; what was the percentage of their population vaccinated at this stage?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. The graph shows that the R number started to decrease 3 weeks ago with no lockdown measures applied; what was the percentage of their population vaccinated at this stage?

EDIT - Just looked it up.

Israel's first doses have slowed down massively in recent weeks. They're now at 59% vaccinated, and that figure was at around 55% at the start of March. We're currently at 40% of pop'n having received first doses so still a little behind. Another week or so of similar numbers to this week could see us up to 46-48% perhaps.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
US AZ trials have gone well, moving towards FDA approval. Hopefully will boost confidence in what could be the vaccine for the world

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Had my jab on Friday & was really impressed with the organisation & efficiency of the whole operation up at Brighton racecourse. A massive thank you and well done to everyone involved up there.
Havent suffered any ill effects thankfully, just a slightly sore arm where I was jabbed, and a bit of tiredness in the legs (my 18yr old son on the other hand :whistle:...but thankfully only 24hrs and was fine after sleeping it off)

The sun is out, and things are looking better and better! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports