[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Had my 2nd Astra jab today :)

More importantly, BSUH is now caring for only 19 Covid Patients, with only 2 in ITU as of 8am this morning.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Numbers update - note in particular the deaths

Infections - 5,342, rolling 7 day down 4.7% (1.9 million tests - highest ever I think)
Deaths - 17, rolling 7 day down 41.5%
Admissions - 440, rolling 7 day down 21.5%
Jabs - 376k and 53k - cumulative 28m and 2.3m
In hospital - 6,162 (not updated from yesterday)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Infections - 5,342, rolling 7 day down 4.7% (1.9 million tests - highest ever I think)

It's hard not to feel good about June 21 now. The next two months may seem to drag but we are really laying the hammer down now. Keep it going!

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

IIf the false positive rate is 0.1%, then that means 1,900 of those infections are false.

I note the deaths are still, touch wood, falling off a cliff at a faster rate than the cases ever did. Hopefully a sign the double whammy - reduced infections AND those infections that people do get, being less severe - is doing all we could have hoped for.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The first easing up is just 1 week away. Rule of 6 outdoors, further travel for exercise etc. allowed, outdoor sport and leisure permitted.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
EDIT - Just looked it up.

Israel's first doses have slowed down massively in recent weeks. They're now at 59% vaccinated, and that figure was at around 55% at the start of March. We're currently at 40% of pop'n having received first doses so still a little behind. Another week or so of similar numbers to this week could see us up to 46-48% perhaps.

Sky did a report from Israel a few weeks ago and they spoke to a few younger age groups who seemed very unsure about getting the jab, they said they would get it if they had to for bars etc

The courts ruled that green passes are not allowed, Which takes away the incentive I guess

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Re the tests. I do a few hours in a school each week and hence am testing twice weekly at home, as are pupils in Y7 and above, teachers, cleaners, catering staff, office staff etc. We go to a Govt link, enter our name and the test result and that's it. These tests must be included in these figures. It's up to each individual which days they do the tests on, I do Tuesday/Friday, but the 7 day average tests should stay fairly static for some time. We have just been informed today that we must continue with the tests over the Easter holidays so another delivery coming tomorrow as break up on Friday.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

That 17 equates to 0.5% of the UK'S death total.

Madness the country is still locked down.

Cases risen a bit and i note the scaremongering already started but cases can do what the hell they like. Hospitals and deaths all that matter . Could almost stop the cases reporting. In fact , at what point do we stop announcing the numbers now they are so low.
Imagine if cancer and heart deaths were announced too , would put it all in perspective.

3 weeks until the pubs

It's going to taste sweet

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Cases risen a bit and i note the scaremongering already started but cases can do what the hell they like. Hospitals and deaths all that matter . Could almost stop the cases reporting. In fact , at what point do we stop announcing the numbers now they are so low.
Imagine if cancer and heart deaths were announced too , would put it all in perspective.

3 weeks until the pubs

Not sure your maths correct UK deaths 126,000 therefore 1% = 1260.... 0.5% = 630 !!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re the tests. I do a few hours in a school each week and hence am testing twice weekly at home, as are pupils in Y7 and above, teachers, cleaners, catering staff, office staff etc. We go to a Govt link, enter our name and the test result and that's it. These tests must be included in these figures. It's up to each individual which days they do the tests on, I do Tuesday/Friday, but the 7 day average tests should stay fairly static for some time. We have just been informed today that we must continue with the tests over the Easter holidays so another delivery coming tomorrow as break up on Friday.

I am in a primary school all the time and all our staff are tested twice a week. We were told to test on Sunday evening and Weds evening only. I imagine there are no hard and fast rules though. If all primary staff are tested, then that is another huge accumulation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

3 weeks until the pubs

I would say April is time to stop public reporting on most things.

Deaths only

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just had mine. Very busy at the Brighton Centre so took c45 mins, but all very calm and organised (and ended up getting jabbed by someone I know very well����). Actually strangely comforting to have to wait a bit because so many people were being processed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just had mine. Very busy at the Brighton Centre so took c45 mins, but all very calm and organised (and ended up getting jabbed by someone I know very well����). Actually strangely comforting to have to wait a bit because so many people were being processed.

I’ve got mine there tomorrow.

Do they require ID or the confirmatory email/text?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

When I had my jab (it wasn’t at the Brighton Centre but I imagine they all follow similar procedures) they wanted to know my booking ref which was in the confirmation email/text. They also wanted to know my NHS number which I didn’t have with me, but that wasn’t a problem as they found me via dob instead. They then get you to confirm address and gp surgery, no formal ID check required.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

They had a quick glance at the time on my booking email as I arrived (outside). I didn’t have my NHS number on me but the first ‘greeter’ inside checking you in will find it on their system (Ipad) - you need the NHS number for the pre-jab questions with the first nurse. After that, the jabs are done upstairs - the queue was like a theme park ride and rapidly growing after 6pm (sorry - to be clear, no ID needed)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports