Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The coolest band of all time - let's have your nominations

Then there was a band of male models, all dressed up by Parachute, Banana Republic, straight out of GQ.
Coiffeured, tan, smiley grins, waifish fringes, aloof poses like the world is theirs and not yours - out-Roxy Bryan Ferry, get one to gay it up like an Eno.
Any country you want, make it hot, exotic - and get hot women in there, budget no issue.
Luck was on their side, or something.
You just can't wear head bandanas nowadays, unless you're a cute puppy.

[yt]e3W6yf6c-FA[/yt]

[yt]oOg5VxrRTi0[/yt]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think you have to actually be able to sing your own songs to be cool, I gather the black guy was not the singer and mimed, or did I dream seeing that somewhere?

I don't think he sang on the records, although it is an unconfirmed rumour, but he certainly helped himself to GROUPIES by the busload, as did the GIRLS in the band.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
as much as i love the pistols they came across as dumb and manipulated most of the time.....which is not cool.

the only ones in the band that were dumb and manipulated were jones cook and vicious.lydon took mc claren (glitterbest) to court, won and got them all equal shares of royalties etc, he may have come across as dumb,but was in no-way this.if you havnt read it already i suggest you get a copy of ...no blacks ,no irish , no dogs. Auto bio john lydon. You wont read anything more honest or interesting even for the non fan

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
R.E.M. They have always gone about making music is a very understated way. For me they are a band that have never tried too hard... just cool.

the only ones in the band that were dumb and manipulated were jones cook and vicious.lydon took mc claren (glitterbest) to court, won and got them all equal shares of royalties etc, he may have come across as dumb,but was in no-way this.if you havnt read it already i suggest you get a copy of ...no blacks ,no irish , no dogs. Auto bio john lydon. You wont read anything more honest or interesting even for the non fan

Lydon 'claims' McClaren falsely got cred for everything the pistols did.

So, MM put the band together based on a look, not talent, then got them studio time and they had good quality punk material.
Listen to PIL and realise one thing - that's completely different music, no relation to 'Never Mind the Bollocks', and lydon can neither write nor sing. His solo album, which he was recording when he and I were mates, is really crap. His only chance to get the finances coming in was in the revival tours - a fact I underlined for him at the time, in the mid-90's. I even encouraged him to write new material for The Sex Pistols - but he didn't and couldn't.

What does that tell you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Lydon 'claims' McClaren falsely got cred for everything the pistols did.

So, MM put the band together based on a look, not talent, then got them studio time and they had good quality punk material.
Listen to PIL and realise one thing - that's completely different music, no relation to 'Never Mind the Bollocks', and lydon can neither write nor sing. His solo album, which he was recording when he and I were mates, is really crap. His only chance to get the finances coming in was in the revival tours - a fact I underlined for him at the time, in the mid-90's. I even encouraged him to write new material for The Sex Pistols - but he didn't and couldn't.

What does that tell you?

Why are you no longer mates?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Two words: Sub Zero.

6-1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here