Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The coolest band of all time - let's have your nominations

Why are you no longer mates?

We'd been listening to music, talking about that and football.
He put a gay move on me after a few beers.
Okay, I didn't particularly care that he's that way or whatever, it's his business but not mine, and I think I was fairly cool about it.

Next time we spoke his words were "you can f*** right off". Not such a mate all of a sudden.

Now I don't care much if a person is gay, but when they can't accept that I'm not, and can't handle their issue better than that - then I do care and I don't mind 'outing' the q**** bastard.
Yes, he really is a fan of The Arse.

Unfortunately, having lived in two cities that are considered 'gay meccas' and encountered them at various junctures - I don't find them to be as 'accepting' and enlightened as they like to make out - and require everyone else be about them.

ohh don't go there, now that is a whole can of worms, I believe NMH as to why they fell out, but most wouldn't.

Lol! Hello mate - yes I know it might seem weird to those who respect him as a larger-than-life macho character and all that.
These days though, I reckon a close look at his 'way' these days, his clobber and eccentricity kinda hints a little more than it might have been perceived to have done in the past.

He's married of course, to a woman 10 years older than he - mother to the late Ari Up and basically the 'Patty Hearst of Germany'.
I believe he's 'devoted', in a way, and it his life as an icon can't be compared to many. He got chucked up as a figurehead, spotlight on Johnny, and he embraced it to fit the bill and then some. Often there are people thrust into the public eye who are already credited for wearing a mantle - they're representative of something already - and then they really do accept and take on that persona fully and completely. McClaren approached young guys who looked a part that he had in mind, he even asked Midge Ure for instance. Lydon got the part, he didn't create it but he made it his.

Can't say I disagree with much of what he says about punk 'fashion', music scene b/s, hangers-on and boring bastards - but behind the judge there's always an accused, who's guilty in the dock.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Two words: Sub Zero.

6-1.jpg

Yes, Yes, Yes! That's a great shout.

If I could have just one wish it would be to be part of the band when they performed Sugar Baby Love. My ultimate guilty pleasure and I don't care who knows it. Thread closed. No debate. End of discussion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here