Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The club (De Zerbi?) has spoken

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If he's got sight problems I'd suggest that a seat towards the back of the WSU was a bad lifestyle choice :lolol:

Nope, just a weird bloke who takes himself off with maybe 15 minutes of play left, no matter what the score. It's like me going out to a restaurant every week for a three course pre-paid dinner and leaving before desert.
Someone with sight problems would also have sight problems in the front row of WSL. He's less likely to be hit by a ball being kicked out of play.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Someone with sight problems would also have sight problems in the front row of WSL.
But not only would the game be a bit closer, they wouldn't have had to negotiate 100 odd stairs to the concourse and another 20 or so to the place with the furthest away view in the ground :facepalm:

It's Groundhog Day . . . again

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Indeed, many
There could be something in that, I wonder if we could trial, letting the away fans out first, and letting us go half an hour after the final whistle.
I would be up for that, I am sure our diehard fans that have seen the club through thick and thin would be most welcoming of the idea to help the club.

Great idea, it could also solve the excess pie situation, with pies on sale cheaper, double whammy.

Oh, and I have just thought of another good excuse, as the shutters and doors are opened after half an hour all simultaneously, it would mean one hell of a Calvary charge to the trains and buses, meaning only the fittest will get there first, no more standing behind old men coughing and whizzing.

This is a win, win
Indeed, many win wins there 👍.
In an interview (post match 🤔) a couple of months back, RDZ said there is no better feeling for him as a coach than a win away from home, our small group of fans in the corner singing as loud as possible against the superior numbers of the home fans. And I guess they/you stay to the end, being unfamiliar with the local transport timings 😉.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, and 95 feet is almost 32 yards.

As I said, I was obviously referring to minutes NOT feet or yards - so right back at you DUH
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, but that was the joke...

Come On Reaction GIF
But the joke was RDZ saying he was asking fans to wait until after the final whistle because he was promising a winning goal - which you missed 🤷🏻‍♂️
😂
(Good job you’re not our striker eh?)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good news then. Clearly the club are laying on extra P&R buses and also getting stewards that can actually MANAGE the entrance and exit of said buses.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’m just winding you up schmunk 😍 :facepalm:

On a 4 hour journey to the Amex on public transport and trying to stay awake so I don’t miss my connection

Attachments

• IMG_1515.jpeg
    IMG_1515.jpeg
    611 KB · Views: 28

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Racecourse steward has just said we’ve all got to collect our cars by 10.45pm or they will be locked in!
Good luck with that with the numbers of buses available.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always stay to the end and clap the team off whatever the score. I am not better then anyone else, it's just what I do.
'Scoomber ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The fact is, people will do what they always do. The bloke diagonally in front of me being a case in point. Turns up just before kick off, only acknowledges the guy to his right, watches the game with his headphones in, doesn't know a single song, leaves on 82 minutes every game, no matter what the score. I would have said he was a big club stooge or two-team Tarquin except for the fact he's loaded with Albion merch, always a scarf, often a hat and coat with club colours.

My son, however, would probably stick pins in his own eyes before leaving even 30 seconds early, no matter what the score. Even when we had to get the EDF P&R after Brentford we simply moved to a seat nearer the front and left on the final whistle.

Personally, I don't see the point in leaving early. A football match is a play you've never seen before, a DJ set or gig you've never heard. How on earth do you not want to find out how it ends? But I've seen plenty of good reasons on these threads in the past, from train connections to young kids with school next day. It's never straight forward.
Matey did his best tonight. He left on 86, a whole four minutes later than normal.

And missed the goal.

:lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Always stay to the end when on the train, seemed a shorter wait than usual tonight

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Fortunately this thread had entirely passed me by.
I did stay until the players were off the pitch, but being a contrary bastard I'd probably have left a few minutes early if I'd known I was being encouraged to stay.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The number of fans in place at the final whistle was much higher than the Amex average. Well done to all the elderly/infirm/infants/long distance travellers who heeded the call to arms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here