Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The club (De Zerbi?) has spoken

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
As long as you don’t leave early and stop right in front of me because something interesting is happening as you leave, I have zero problem with early leavers. I hate ignorant thoughtless pigs :smile:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
stay until the end he asks, who on gods green earth does that man think he is ?
what's he ever done for club, did he ever go to the Goldstone, Priestfield, or the Withdean, No he did NOT.
If I want to go and spread covid around the North stand, wipe my hands all up the stair rails as I go in and come out, I will.
As for staying to the end, ok then seeing as you asked nicely.

epic effort and achievement from the team after such an unlucky start in the first game.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
minutes obviously- (‘) or ‘ = feet (which would have been funny’) otherwise you can use ‘yd’ as an abbreviated form of ‘yard’ 👍😂
Yes, and 95 feet is almost 32 yards.

Confused Little Girl GIF

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That's why RDZ likes playing away
There could be something in that, I wonder if we could trial, letting the away fans out first, and letting us go half an hour after the final whistle.
I would be up for that, I am sure our diehard fans that have seen the club through thick and thin would be most welcoming of the idea to help the club.

Great idea, it could also solve the excess pie situation, with pies on sale cheaper, double whammy.

Oh, and I have just thought of another good excuse, as the shutters and doors are opened after half an hour all simultaneously, it would mean one hell of a Calvary charge to the trains and buses, meaning only the fittest will get there first, no more standing behind old men coughing and whizzing.

This is a win, win

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The fact is, people will do what they always do. The bloke diagonally in front of me being a case in point. Turns up just before kick off, only acknowledges the guy to his right, watches the game with his headphones in, doesn't know a single song, leaves on 82 minutes every game, no matter what the score. I would have said he was a big club stooge or two-team Tarquin except for the fact he's loaded with Albion merch, always a scarf, often a hat and coat with club colours.

My son, however, would probably stick pins in his own eyes before leaving even 30 seconds early, no matter what the score. Even when we had to get the EDF P&R after Brentford we simply moved to a seat nearer the front and left on the final whistle.

Personally, I don't see the point in leaving early. A football match is a play you've never seen before, a DJ set or gig you've never heard. How on earth do you not want to find out how it ends? But I've seen plenty of good reasons on these threads in the past, from train connections to young kids with school next day. It's never straight forward.
Do you know people with sight problems can get commentary through headphones? Of course, he will know the result, as the commentary will tell him or he may even have apps on his phone.

I was on the P&R bus at 88 minutes for the Ajax game and somebody on crutches was watching the game on their phone with the commentary turned up, so we all knew what was happening.
I'm happy that you and your son are young and healthy enough to stay as long as you like, get little sleep and go to work the next day. Many of us older decrepit people used to do the same at your age.

Enough of this nonsense of true fans, loyal fans etc etc.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There could be something in that, I wonder if we could trial, letting the away fans out first, and letting us go half an hour after the final whistle.
I would be up for that, I am sure our diehard fans that have seen the club through thick and thin would be most welcoming of the idea to help the club.

Great idea, it could also solve the excess pie situation, with pies on sale cheaper, double whammy.

Oh, and I have just thought of another good excuse, as the shutters and doors are opened after half an hour all simultaneously, it would mean one hell of a Calvary charge to the trains and buses, meaning only the fittest will get there first, no more standing behind old men coughing and whizzing.

This is a win, win
Actual imprisonment.

If it takes Barber running roughshod of the civil liberties of our nation to get people to support our team to the end, I'll support it with you

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The fact is, people will do what they always do. The bloke diagonally in front of me being a case in point. Turns up just before kick off, only acknowledges the guy to his right, watches the game with his headphones in, doesn't know a single song,
Up to this point I thought you might have been talking about me! But the rest doesn't apply so I don't need to defend myself.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I wonder if any of the players or De Zerbi leave training early to beat the traffic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder if any of the players or De Zerbi leave training early to beat the traffic.
The same number of people who leave work early to beat the traffic, I expect.

Are you really comparing paid professionals with fans who pay for the privilege of watching them? :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do you know people with sight problems can get commentary through headphones? Of course, he will know the result, as the commentary will tell him or he may even have apps on his phone.

I was on the P&R bus at 88 minutes for the Ajax game and somebody on crutches was watching the game on their phone with the commentary turned up, so we all knew what was happening.
I'm happy that you and your son are young and healthy enough to stay as long as you like, get little sleep and go to work the next day. Many of us older decrepit people used to do the same at your age.

Enough of this nonsense of true fans, loyal fans etc etc.
If he's got sight problems I'd suggest that a seat towards the back of the WSU was a bad lifestyle choice :lolol:

Nope, just a weird bloke who takes himself off with maybe 15 minutes of play left, no matter what the score. It's like me going out to a restaurant every week for a three course pre-paid dinner and leaving before desert.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If he's got sight problems I'd suggest that a seat towards the back of the WSU was a bad lifestyle choice :lolol:

Nope, just a weird bloke who takes himself off with maybe 15 minutes of play left, no matter what the score. It's like me going out to a restaurant every week for a three course pre-paid dinner and leaving before desert.
I left with about five minutes to go a few games back, not that I need to justify myself to anyone, but I needed to back home, change and out again on time.
Anyways I sprinted to the racecourse buses and there was a small line for the first bus, and when I got on it was mainly elderly folks who obviously have trouble with crowds or parents with young kids, I get that, a few of them were tuned into the radio listening to the final minutes.

It's their lives, not that odd in it's self when you think of the reasons, crack on.

There are lots of odd folks out there, they do not all leave early, although I wish one or two of them would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here