Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The club (De Zerbi?) has spoken

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Your support will once again be crucial for Roberto and the players tonight, with a place in the round of 16 at stake. We look forward to another excellent atmosphere under the lights and encourage all supporters to stay until the full-time whistle."

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Your support will once again be crucial for Roberto and the players tonight, with a place in the round of 16 at stake. We look forward to another excellent atmosphere under the lights and encourage all supporters to stay until the full-time whistle."
Finally, official confirmation: leaving early is a sign of disappointment or anger. True fans stay to the end!

*Ducks out of thread before the abuse starts*

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Finally, official confirmation: leaving early is a sign of disappointment or anger. True fans stay to the end!

*Ducks out of thread before the abuse starts*
Nah - that was RDZ promising a 95’ goal to win the match (is how I read it) 👍

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The fact is, people will do what they always do. The bloke diagonally in front of me being a case in point. Turns up just before kick off, only acknowledges the guy to his right, watches the game with his headphones in, doesn't know a single song, leaves on 82 minutes every game, no matter what the score. I would have said he was a big club stooge or two-team Tarquin except for the fact he's loaded with Albion merch, always a scarf, often a hat and coat with club colours.

My son, however, would probably stick pins in his own eyes before leaving even 30 seconds early, no matter what the score. Even when we had to get the EDF P&R after Brentford we simply moved to a seat nearer the front and left on the final whistle.

Personally, I don't see the point in leaving early. A football match is a play you've never seen before, a DJ set or gig you've never heard. How on earth do you not want to find out how it ends? But I've seen plenty of good reasons on these threads in the past, from train connections to young kids with school next day. It's never straight forward.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You've been told fellas. Stay and support your team.

All the excuses about transport, suck it up.

The team are aware of people leaving early and it affects them. Otherwise RDZ would not have made this comment

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ah cool, are they laying on extra trains and providing extra exits from the car parks then?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's me f***ed then.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Almost 32 yards? It's a long shot.
minutes obviously- (‘) or ‘ = feet (which would have been funny’) otherwise you can use ‘yd’ as an abbreviated form of ‘yard’ 👍😂

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pfffft….true fans stay well beyond the end…whenever that is …I’m still here from Saturdays game! Take that 😉
Good of the club to lay on some post match poptastic entertainment for you :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here